Saudi takeover of Newcastle United

Essandoh

1 minute ago, Bluekev said:

Nothing new there then

I went down for a game ages ago against Stoke, was really impressed by the Sunderland fans. Packed stadium, decent atmosphere.

They went down 3-0 in 20 minutes and the place was three quarters empty :lol: 

16 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

i find it odd that they’re being linked to free agents like Fonseca and Howe. 

Surely if they have as much money as claimed you break the bank for the right guy and begin rebuild now over next 2/3 transfer windows.

Still got to get round FFP. What happened at Chelsea and Man City won't happen again.

I'm sure that they will find some way round the rules to invest money but I doubt that it will be hundreds of millions which is what is needed to get them to the top of the table.

17 minutes ago, Darth Bear said:

Still got to get round FFP. What happened at Chelsea and Man City won't happen again.

I'm sure that they will find some way round the rules to invest money but I doubt that it will be hundreds of millions which is what is needed to get them to the top of the table.

They will probably sell Johnjo Shelvy to Sphinx FC for 500m.

3 hours ago, Essandoh said:

I went down for a game ages ago against Stoke, was really impressed by the Sunderland fans. Packed stadium, decent atmosphere.

They went down 3-0 in 20 minutes and the place was three quarters empty :lol: 

My first ever memory of Sunderland was they lost 3-0 to Charlton and scored three own goals 😂 

Feel sorry for brucey, one of the good guys in the game, just read this interview.. shit the abuse he received in his time there

Steve Bruce has given an interview with the Daily Telegraph on his time with Newcastle.

🗣 "I think this might be my last job. It’s not just about me; it’s taken its toll on my whole family because they are all Geordies and I can’t ignore that. 

🗣 "They have been worried about me… especially my wife Jan. What an amazing woman she is, incredible, she’s just a fantastic woman, wife and mother and grandmother. She dealt with the death of my parents, hers have not been very well. And then she had me to worry about and what I’ve been going through the last couple of years.

🗣 "I can’t take her for granted, she has spent her whole life following me around from football club to football club and if I was to say to her tomorrow, I’ve been offered a job in China, or anywhere, she would say, 'Steve, is this right for you, do you want to do it?' And she’d back me again. 

🗣 "I’m 60 years old and I don’t know if I want to put her through it again. We’ve got a good life so, yeah, this will probably be me done as a manager - until I get a phone call from a chairman somewhere asking if I can give them a hand. Never say never, I’ve learnt that.

🗣 "By the time I got to Newcastle, I thought I could handle everything thrown at me but it has been very, very tough. To never really be wanted, to feel that people wanted me to fail, to read people constantly saying I would fail, that I was useless, a fat waste of space, a stupid, tactically inept cabbage head or whatever. And it was from day one.“

13 minutes ago, MattyBlue said:

Feel sorry for brucey, one of the good guys in the game, just read this interview.. shit the abuse he received in his time there

Steve Bruce has given an interview with the Daily Telegraph on his time with Newcastle.

🗣 "I think this might be my last job. It’s not just about me; it’s taken its toll on my whole family because they are all Geordies and I can’t ignore that. 

🗣 "They have been worried about me… especially my wife Jan. What an amazing woman she is, incredible, she’s just a fantastic woman, wife and mother and grandmother. She dealt with the death of my parents, hers have not been very well. And then she had me to worry about and what I’ve been going through the last couple of years.

🗣 "I can’t take her for granted, she has spent her whole life following me around from football club to football club and if I was to say to her tomorrow, I’ve been offered a job in China, or anywhere, she would say, 'Steve, is this right for you, do you want to do it?' And she’d back me again. 

🗣 "I’m 60 years old and I don’t know if I want to put her through it again. We’ve got a good life so, yeah, this will probably be me done as a manager - until I get a phone call from a chairman somewhere asking if I can give them a hand. Never say never, I’ve learnt that.

🗣 "By the time I got to Newcastle, I thought I could handle everything thrown at me but it has been very, very tough. To never really be wanted, to feel that people wanted me to fail, to read people constantly saying I would fail, that I was useless, a fat waste of space, a stupid, tactically inept cabbage head or whatever. And it was from day one.“

Thats such a shame, seems like a nice guy!

Almost feel sorry for him until a remember that he is getting 8m for his retirement!

6 hours ago, The Specky Liar said:

Fuck me! Started off feeling sorry for him, and by half way through that i genuinely hated him!

160m on players, and here was me thinking that Newcastle were getting by on buttons.

Imagine spending that much money for that shite a team.

Gerrard would be a massive step up from that imposter.

7 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Fuck me! Started off feeling sorry for him, and by half way through that i genuinely hated him!

160m on players, and here was me thinking that Newcastle were getting by on buttons.

Imagine spending that much money for that shite a team.

Gerrard would be a massive step up from that imposter.

Why

5 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Why

1. The warning signs were there in his first away game at Norwich, a 3-1 defeat. Afterwards, he said he could not question the desire of his team. Seconds later, in a corridor with reporters, he was accusing them of ‘not even putting their boots on’.

2. There was also frustration at excessive days off and a feeling that the schedule was designed to suit Bruce going home to Cheshire.

When the players turned up to train on the first Thursday of the recent September international break, they were stunned to learn Bruce had gone on holiday to Portugal.

But their anger intensified when, on the following Monday, some reported to the training ground in the morning only to be told their manager’s Jet2 flight did not get in until the afternoon.

3. On that same day in January, Bruce spoke about maintaining his ‘dignity’, and then, without naming him, referred to Eddie Howe as ‘the fella from Bournemouth who got a team relegated’, a bitter retort to a newspaper poll in which supporters picked Howe as their choice for next boss.

Not sure if hate is right, just genuinely astonished that someone that fucking useless who spend 160m on players for such littel return manages to get a 8m pay out for getting the sack, and yet cunts still feel sorry for him. Jealousy in other words.

Bruce is not gonna go hungry and regardless of what he says about not wanting to do it anymore or whatever, if somebody offers him the right money or the right situation, you better fucking believe you will see his ass on the sidelines somewhere else.

He can have no complaints, I think they gave him a lot of tools to succeed and he just didn't do anything with them.

7 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

1. The warning signs were there in his first away game at Norwich, a 3-1 defeat. Afterwards, he said he could not question the desire of his team. Seconds later, in a corridor with reporters, he was accusing them of ‘not even putting their boots on’.

2. There was also frustration at excessive days off and a feeling that the schedule was designed to suit Bruce going home to Cheshire.

When the players turned up to train on the first Thursday of the recent September international break, they were stunned to learn Bruce had gone on holiday to Portugal.

But their anger intensified when, on the following Monday, some reported to the training ground in the morning only to be told their manager’s Jet2 flight did not get in until the afternoon.

3. On that same day in January, Bruce spoke about maintaining his ‘dignity’, and then, without naming him, referred to Eddie Howe as ‘the fella from Bournemouth who got a team relegated’, a bitter retort to a newspaper poll in which supporters picked Howe as their choice for next boss.

Not sure if hate is right, just genuinely astonished that someone that fucking useless who spend 160m on players for such littel return manages to get a 8m pay out for getting the sack, and yet cunts still feel sorry for him. Jealousy in other words.

I'm not reading all of that