Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

1 minute ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

They can dream on. He won't be going there. Just as he wasn't going to Newcastle or any of the various other clubs he was linked to.

I will be proven right very soon when they sign their new manager. 

This is a far more attractive job than Newcastle.

Just now, The Specky Liar said:

Buying into what?

A conspiracy to destabilise our season from the English press?

Buying into SG leaving us for them. 

Some on here certainly do. Fuck worrying about every team that might show interest in your manager. You'd never get a night's sleep. 

As I said earlier,  he is going nowhere soon. 

Just now, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Some on here certainly do. Fuck worrying about every team that might show interest in your manager. You'd never get a night's sleep. 

I've said in this thread I don' think he would leave us mid season for Aston Villa, all I'm doing is saying is there is clearly interest from them

19 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Gerrard will not leave and manage a team with next to no chance of winning anything or have a shot at Europe and who consistently finish  in the arse end of the league  

It’s really not his style 

fact 

fact:hmmm:

1 minute ago, the goal machine said:

Maybe David Wagner as well. Not sure if it was Wilson who took him to Huddersfield but probably did his homework on him when he was there.

Farke would be a poor appointment imo Wagner would be absolutely mental 

1 minute ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

They are potentially going to make an official approach that’s a bit different from speculation and you’ve no idea if he’s going or not.

Just now, GabrielTomato said:

You're not simply replacing a Manager here.

You're replacing someone who leads from the front. Carries himself with an aura that commands respect from all over. Yet defends this Club to the hilt. 

On top of that he'll take Beale, Culshaw, Milsom & others. 

Then you think of players...Kent & Kamara?

Gerrard may not be perfect, but right now he holds the key to us winning the most important financial League ever. We simply cannot replace all of the above in a short period of time. 

Said that a couple of pages back Ben. 

To me managing us is about so much more than being a good tactician and there hasn’t been one name mentioned yet who commands the instant level of respect and authority that Gerrard does.

That’s what would be difficult, almost impossible, to replace at this exact moment in time.