Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

3 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

If, and it’s a massive if, he goes now he can get fucked as far as I’m concerned

🀣🀣

I feel the same. Rumour mill has me already thinking he's a turncoat bastard and we're only at the soft rumours stage. Will say sorry if he stays.

6 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

If, and it’s a massive if, he goes now he can get fucked as far as I’m concerned

I’m not happy about this either mate especially after him saying just a couple of weeks ago β€œdo I look unhappy. β€œΒ 

Lets wait and see.

Β 

9B364CFC-1B0A-4979-82E8-8BFEFA945ED9.jpeg

If Villa show him any sort of ambition then he'll take the job. The past couple of windows have shown him we are all but out of money and theres only so many times you can scrape the barrel for players that will take you to the next level. Going there will be a purely money based decision, not his own wage but spending power. Its shite but that's the level we are at.

52 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

I’m not happy about this either mate especially after him saying just a couple of weeks ago β€œdo I look unhappy. β€œΒ 

Lets wait and see.

Β 

9B364CFC-1B0A-4979-82E8-8BFEFA945ED9.jpeg

If he took the manager job at Newcastle his Liverpool dream would vanish. Not quite the same with Villa though he would have to do an unbelievable job with them to keep his dream alive.

If it was just to the end of the season, I would let Davis do it. Depending on whether we're still in a title race, if yes then absolutely no chance, but if no, then I like to see how he handles it. Player/manager if it was this season but I can't see Gerrard leaving until he's won a cup at least cause I get the impression that he has unfinished business up here and can only see him leaving should Liverpool approach him.Β 

Tbh though, bringing in Gerrard for Klopp would be madness in my eyes. I seen Liverpool playing last week and the looked set up like us and played similar to us, only better.Β 

10 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

If he took the manager job at Newcastle his Liverpool dream would vanish. Not quite the same with Villa though he would have to do an unbelievable job with them to keep his dream alive.

Newcastle have new owners, so the penny pinching billionaire who owned then is gone. Don't know if the new owners are in it for the cash or in it for the love of the game, but seeing how long it's taking them to appoint a manager it appears to be the former.Β 

Β 

Time will tell...

5 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Newcastle have new owners, so the penny pinching billionaire who owned then is gone. Don't know if the new owners are in it for the cash or in it for the love of the game, but seeing how long it's taking them to appoint a manager it appears to be the former.Β 

Β 

Time will tell...

Newcastle already announced Howe?Β  Either that or one of the Thunderbirds....

Β 

1 hour ago, esquire8 said:

If Villa show him any sort of ambition then he'll take the job. The past couple of windows have shown him we are all but out of money and theres only so many times you can scrape the barrel for players that will take you to the next level. Going there will be a purely money based decision, not his own wage but spending power. Its shite but that's the level we are at.

Β something feels differentΒ  this time if a approach is made clearly villa have been given some sort of encouragement. Next 48-72hrs will tell us alot imo

I hope not but I think he will be gone and as gutted as I'd be I couldn't blame him.Β 

Clearly there will be huge risk in him taking it but that's more than decent squad they have I think he'd take them to mid table.Β 

It's the backroom staff would be the issue more than Gerrard himself, beale, Culshaw, and McAllister don't get enough plaudits.

Still top of the table, still reaching distance of the europa and league Cup semi final.

Hes a Liverpool diehard, simple as.

I believe we over Inflate him sometimes because of his name and success as a player.

It's the premier league sack race atm usually November when they start sacking and swapping jobs all over.Β 

I'd hope the board and Wilson have a plan B.

I'd be keen on an ex foreign player taking the reigns though, de boer, van Brockhurst.

It's not the be all and end all, he's done well but there's doing well and there is dominating. We aren't dominant currently, this season I'd say is looking OK currently because the shambles they were at the start of the season.Β 

Like it or not, they've gelled and will smash spl teams 9 outta 10.

Other than Liverpool, I'd more expect to see him attracted to a club that's on a roll, where their manager has just been recruited or poached elsewhere than where their manager has been sacked for poor performance.Β  Right now he's in a job, and in a title race and in cups, swapping that for a relegation battle might be more cash in the short term, but it could be at the price of a reputation hit.

EPL is a managerial bloodbath, half the table with the same ambitions, but 10 into 4 just won't go.Β  Aston Villa just sacked someone for not fulfilling that, it's a bit of a warning label they've just stuck on themselves.

7 hours ago, KeyserSoze said:

Gerrard will not leave and manage a team with next to no chance of winning anything or have a shot at Europe and who consistently finish Β in the arse end of the league Β 

It’s really not his styleΒ 

factΒ 

Tell us more about his 'style'Β 

It is easier for Liverpool to appoint the manager of Villa than it is Rangers. Going to Villa moves him one step closer to Liverpool.

He may feel he has taken this squad as far as he can and major rebuild is going to be required in the summer. While it would be a good test of his capabilities to lead the rebuild, if he doesn't think he will be here to see it through then that loses any appeal.

More cash available at Villa, the club is on a low so the chances of improving on what is there are high and that also makes his stock rise higher.

If Villa really wanted one of our players then they'd get him and the same is unfortunately true of our manager.