Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

4 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

If that's the mould we were going for I wonder if we could tempt Thomas Frank

We're obviously never going to get someone currently in a job in the EPL for various reasons but that's the type that would excite me if/when Gerrard eventually moves on.

Ross, McInnes and a few of the other names mentioned take us back years.

5 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

If it’s in the news people are going to talk about it. The exact same thing happens when players are constantly linked with moves so why would it be any different for Gerrard? I don’t see why people are so precious about it. The thread title is clear. If you don’t agree with discussing the topic then don’t come in the thread.

I came into give my opinion like everyone else, sadly I think it's that its utter shite and a dream wank for the filth and nothing more as Gerrard has already stated he's happy here.

But lets ignore that and listen to random nonsense perpetuated by idiots.

Gerard is a threat to celtic and their support. It is orchestrated by the media to upset him when I  doubt he as given it any thought. The last words I heard him say was he wants the players to focus on the semi final when on international duty. That is Gerrard's priority right now. He may address his future in the summer.

1 minute ago, The Specky Liar said:

They aren't the ones linking him as I've just proved.

You mean just the ones. Gerrard happy has said so himself the other stuff is just clowns trying to get some clicks.

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

We're obviously never going to get someone currently in a job in the EPL for various reasons but that's the type that would excite me if/when Gerrard eventually moves on.

Ross, McInnes and a few of the other names mentioned take us back years.

Not saying we could get him but I don't think he's that out there a shout especially if we have CL football

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

Gerard is a threat to celtic and their support. It is orchestrated by the media to upset him when I  doubt he as given it any thought. The last words I heard him say was he wants the players to focus on the semi final when on international duty. That is Gerrard's priority right now. He may address his future in the summer.

What do sky sports, the daily telegraph and daily mail have to gain by orchestrating this?

I've posted links above from all of those outlets written by English journalists saying they are interested in him.

3 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Why are the English press trying to upset him? 

He’s going to be linked with every English job every time. It’s just the way it is. I believe he’ll be here at least until the summer but his long term future will depend both on success on the park and guaranteed on going investment. 

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Mind when Gerrard said Niko Katic wasn't going anywhere over the summer? 

Is this another we go back and forward as you are in some junkie haze that goes on for days as you try to win the internet.

Good luck with that.

20 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

That's a fair point and you're right I'm not necessarily suggesting him.

I'm always going to lean towards managers that play attacking football though, just like you're going to get people who lean towards the McInnes/Warnock/Pearson pragmatic type ones.

That’s why Scott Parker would be my dream appointment, even if it is a pipe dream. He strikes me as somebody who has that balance between having a modern footballing ethos but also that understanding of what is required at a club like ours and how unique the demands would and can be.

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Why would I be in a junkie haze? 

I just get that junkie on speed vibe from your posts, just like when you get the wee rattler talking at 100 mile an hour jerking and talking utter pish you seem to have managed to do that on a forum.

Hope that explains it.

10 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

I don't think he would take it but why do people think Gerrard, or any manager in the world, saying he is happy at his current club means he wouldn't accept another job if he felt it was beneficial to his career?

I doubt he is motivated by money so the benefits are minimum at AV. A deep run in Europe and winning 56 with Rangers are much more beneficial to his resume.

1 minute ago, Smile said:

I just get that junkie on speed vibe from your posts, just like when you get the wee rattler talking at 100 mile an hour jerking and talking utter pish you seem to have managed to do that on a forum.

Hope that explains it.

Nah it doesn't explain it at all. Just sounds like your making up a load of pish as usual. 

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I doubt he is motivated by money so the benefits are minimum at AV. A deep run in Europe and winning 56 with Rangers are much more beneficial to his resume.

A deep run and 56 does more for him than going to Villa and being mediocre but going to Villa and being a success guarantees him the Liverpool job.

4 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

A deep run and 56 does more for him than going to Villa and being mediocre but going to Villa and being a success guarantees him the Liverpool job.

I suppose Lampard got Chelsea thru Derby so mibee that is true.