Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

1 minute ago, KeyserSoze said:

Gerrard will not leave and manage a team with next to no chance of winning anything or have a shot at Europe and who consistently finish  in the arse end of the league  

It’s really not his style 

fact 

Villa's aim will be to get into Europe.

It's not a fact either.

3 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Aye, he’d be my ideal candidate but he’s only been at his current club in the UAE since June and I imagine he’s on an eye-watering amount of money so the compensation fee might be a problem.

Would be some form of release clause surely

36 minutes ago, superallysbears said:

The hype is definitely getting ramped up in the MSM, probably scum supporting ones praying more than anything, I hate to think we'd be looking for a new manager within the next 48 hours, it's unthinkable really.

Cunts like Sutton ramping it up to destabalise our Club and team. How many teams has SG been linked to now? 

SG said just a week ago when linked with  the Newcastle job that he was happy here and going nowhere. So who's word to we take, an attention seeking simpleton like Sutton's or our managers?

It's almost certain that he will get linked with almost any decent job down south. It's getting tiresome now though. 

The MSM don't give a fuck about SG, Rangers or our support. It's all just unfounded speculation designed to get clicks/sales. I am surprised so many Bears fall for their shite. 

I won't be discussing who should replace Gerrard because he is still in the job and I have no reason to think he won't see his contract through. 

3 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Villa's aim will be to get into Europe.

It's not a fact either.

Baffles me that people think he’s going to turn his nose up at the opportunity to at least talk to the owners of Villa. He’s get the chance to manage a fairly talented young squad, in the best league in the world under owners who traditionally back their managers well and he would be closer to his family home too.

Just now, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Cunts like Sutton ramping it up to destabalise our Club and team.

SG said just a week ago when linked with  the Newcastle job that he was happy here and going nowhere. So who's word to we take, an attention seeking simpleton like Sutton's or our managers?

It's almost certain that he will get linked with almost any decent job down south. It's getting tiresome now though. 

The MSM don't give a fuck about SG, Rangers or our support. It's all just unfounded speculation designed to get clicks/sales. I am surprised so many Bears fall for their shite. 

I won't be discussing who should replace Gerrard because he is still in the job and I have no reason to think he won't see his contract through. 

Your point about it being a Sutton hatchet job would have merit if pretty much every journalist in England wasn’t reporting that he’s their number one target.

2 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Cunts like Sutton ramping it up to destabalise our Club and team.

Aye it's clear to see that, just going to get worse from those arseholes until the gaffer nips it in the butt

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

Your point about it being a Sutton hatchet job would have merit if pretty much every journalist in England wasn’t reporting that he’s their number one target.

I miss the days when we used to laugh at them for being paranoid.

3 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

I can’t see him going mid season and to a nothing club like Villa. He’s also 2/3 of a season away from CL football.

Villa are a far bigger attraction than we are. 

We play in a diddy league with next to no money to spend.

Just now, Creampuff said:

Balance the pros and cons of going/staying all you like, but acting like Gerrard gains nothing from Aston Villa is just ridiculous. 

We all know he’s playing for the Liverpool job and a successful spell managing a Premier League side is a massive plus on his CV.

The thing is he doesn’t even need to go to Villa and win things to have a shot at the Liverpool job. He just has to show he’s capable of managing at the top level without making a cunt of it and he’ll probably get the job. For as big as we are, that doesn’t happen for him here, because there’s a ceiling on the calibre of coaches and players he’s pitting himself against.

2 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

They can dream on. He won't be going there. Just as he wasn't going to Newcastle or any of the various other clubs he was linked to.

I will be proven right very soon when they sign their new manager. 

2 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Villa are a far bigger attraction than we are. 

We play in a diddy league with next to no money to spend.

The thing is their squad is almost built for the way Gerrard wants to play already.

Solid keeper in Martinez, two good attacking full backs in Cash and Taggert, McGinn and Luiz in the middle of the park and three from Beundia, Ings, Bailey and Waltkins in the front three.

It would need a few tweaks in January, but there’s a core he could work with there and that’s a huge thing for managers too.