Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

Just now, NeoGeo7 said:

Probably because we know he’d be interested and anything along the lines of a McInnes type appointment scares the shite out of all of us

More to do with the fact he'd have solid foundations to build on whereas before would have been coming to an absolute shitshow

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

The best thing I've seen today is someone on FF claiming we don't have a song for Gerrard is beyond belief and we may regret that in the coming days.

:lol: :lol: :lol: 

Did you see the guy who said we should be demanding £35-50m in compensation because we're not 'tinpot' :lol: 

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

The best thing I've seen today is someone on FF claiming we don't have a song for Gerrard and it is beyond belief and we may regret that in the coming days.

Gerrard left us because we had no song for him or he stays because the M6 traffic is murder……..wonder how much crazier the logic will become the longer this drags on.

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

I have a gut feeling he’s going, and if that’s the case his “legacy” whatever that is will be severely tarnished. 

No for me he's won us our most important title in our history. He will go we will continue. 

4 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

The best thing I've seen today is someone on FF claiming we don't have a song for Gerrard and it is beyond belief and we may regret that in the coming days.

Also saw someone saying we should be aiming for £30 million in compensation if he goes 😂

5 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

I was against GVB when he was linked with it pre Gerrard but I'm more open to it now which is strange as he has done nothing in that period of time.

Probably more to do with the position we are in this time rather than GvB's position?

We are much more stable now and while there will be a rebuild required in the summer, the squad is decent, worth more and I think we have more to offer a higher tier manager than we did 3 seasons ago.

8 minutes ago, ShanksRFC said:

EDIT: Think this account is a load of pish going by some tweets.

Aye mate, big hamish azul, the head of the European sports department for the paper who doesn’t have a sports section has pulled your pants right down about your ankles and tickled your bum hole 😂😂😂

8 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

How do we not? We changed Durrants song for him and he has that status quo tune 

4 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

No for me he's won us our most important title in our history. He will go we will continue. 

That's how I feel. We expect he will leave at some stage. He will leave us in good shape, modern club structure etc. 

The big job then is down to the powers that be hiring the right person.

Just now, Negri's lovechild said:

That's how I feel. We expect he will leave at some stage. He will leave us in good shape, modern club structure etc. 

The big job then is down to the powers that be hiring the right person.

If he leaves just now he's leaving us in the middle of a massive season with no manager, right before a semi final vs Hibs and a make or break vs Sparta in Europe

Winning the title this year then leaving is him leaving us in a good place, leaving just now would be a mess for us to try and solve.

16 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

I was against GVB when he was linked with it pre Gerrard but I'm more open to it now which is strange as he has done nothing in that period of time.

Im the same.

To be honest, I dont think I would have trusted GVB to take us from the gutter to where we are, like Gerrard has. Taking us from a position of strength and improving somehow gives me more optimism.

No idea why I think this to be honest, as I know nothing about GVB's coaching style, just gut feel!

2 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

If he leaves just now he's leaving us in the middle of a massive season with no manager, right before a semi final vs Hibs and a make or break vs Sparta in Europe

Winning the title this year then leaving is him leaving us in a good place, leaving just now would be a mess for us to try and solve.

It's horrendous timing given the importance of the season, but we should have contingencies in place and I would assume any new manager lines up would have a similar philosophy so that the transition is as smooth as possible.

The summer would 100% be the better time though. 

5 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

No :lol: 

Only just scanned the forum before and the Swing Low thread caught my eye as having potential!

The logic behind it was this:

'Well you can argue we will lose £30 million as a knock on effect if we dont make 1st place so they need to cover that.

The remaining £5 million for them to acquire Gerrards services is a bargain'