Steven Gerrard To Aston Villa - Official

The Dude

16 minutes ago, The Archer said:

Lets be honest his mate is Purslow ,Its a deffo he has known about this for weeks. I wish him well however ask any non football people and they will tell you he is a sneaky cunt.55 was great and the European runs but sneaking out during the international break and away from his players says alot for his character. Good riddance to anyone like that at our club.

I now believe ALL the backroom staff that left knew about this for a while, definitely leaves a bad taste.

1 hour ago, sassaaaa said:

Newcastle never gave the rat bastard a second thought and he knew it , thats why we heard the bullshit happy and settled comments. If they had shown any interest in him he would have been off ……

Don’t disagree with any of that.

the point is that had he done so, it would be understandable as they are almost certainly on the brink of EPL domination.

Villa have spent a fucking fortune  these past 4 or 5 years but are treading water and seem destined for a mid table finish forever more.

56 minutes ago, beararse said:

I have never really taken to him. Prone to far too many mistakes (unless he’s playing in a empty stadium).

thinks he’s miles better than he is. Will get several new arseholes ripped if/when he moves to the EPL and will never be seen near the first team again.

At a loss at how he is the one constant in that team. 
Be interesting to see how he reacts.

Petty I know, but how he positions his right arm and hand when in possession of the ball really pushes my buttons. Raheem Sterling does the same feckin’ thing. It’s like they’re  holding an imaginary handbags.
Would gladly see him go. Helander is the superior defender, and by some considerable distance.

Personally, I’d recall Katic and punt Goldson in January.

Shame his fanclub of lovers on RM can't see it mate  

2 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

No I'm making the point you wouldn't work for fuck all.....I think that was pretty obvious 

And your point is? If he has left us for villa for more money, even though he has more than enough already to be the most comfortable he could be for the rest of his life, and was getting a decent wedge off us already, then imo he's a rat for leaving us in the shit right now, all for a fucking coin

We need a bit of perspective here. SG has left us in a massively improved situation from 4 years ago. We have the best squad in Scotland, are top of the league , still in Europe and have a cup semi in 10 days - compare that to Pedro! SG was no doubt camping at the bit to get the serious cheque book out - this was never going to happen at Ibrox. So thanks for the memories Stevie but what an opportunity for someone to come in with a 40 million jackpot to play for.

1 minute ago, Lord Lockin said:

More realistic than the pish reason you gave 

Stop being a muppet, you are fucking deluded, he clearly sees this as his opportunity to get his foot in the door to manage in the Premier league.....yes he will obviously get more money that's the reality of managing at a better level.....not exactly rocket science 

I’m looking back at where we were 3 years ago when he took over and the huge improvements we’ve made as a team since then and I’ll be eternally grateful for that.

Hugely disappointed with the timing, but angry … not a bit.  Loyalty is for the fans, not the players or managers anymore. 
Key now is picking the right replacement management team. I’m heavily leaning towards Van And McCann double act.  I would definitely have offered it to Beale but he’s gone too so we have to look for a hungry young manager who’ll hopefully take us to the next level.  

5 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

And your point is? If he has left us for villa for more money, even though he has more than enough already to be the most comfortable he could be for the rest of his life, and was getting a decent wedge off us already, then imo he's a rat for leaving us in the shit right now, all for a fucking coin

He left to manage at a better level, the fact that comes with more money isn't really the point.....so if we matched Villas offer he would have stayed.....do you believe he would have stayed?