*****Official Rangers v Hibs League Cup SF Match Thread*****

.Williamson.

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

We’re playing Hibs mate, not Prime Barcelona.

All three can score goals but their job is to provide a platform for the forwards and also provide cover for the defence which, given our recent habit of giving away the first goal, would not be a bad thing.

Dont know where this perception of “Jack, Davis, Kamara = defensive” came from but I just don’t see it.

I desperately want to see us win a cup again and we can’t afford to fuck about in a semi final. They are our three best midfielders so get them in and let Aribo loose.

54 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Anybody else still waiting on tickets? :lol:😭

I’d get down to the sorting office at the Ford garage mate. 50/50 chance it’s there or still in Glasgow but better checking. I’ve heard of people getting their post from there whilst others have had to get in touch with the club for a re/print after explaining the situation 

12 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

All three can score goals but their job is to provide a platform for the forwards and also provide cover for the defence which, given our recent habit of giving away the first goal, would not be a bad thing.

Dont know where this perception of “Jack, Davis, Kamara = defensive” came from but I just don’t see it.

I desperately want to see us win a cup again and we can’t afford to fuck about in a semi final. They are our three best midfielders so get them in and let Aribo loose.

Their 3 CDM’s that’s were the perception come from. Throw in fact that Aribo and Kent are hardly prolific and it’s enormous pressure on Morelos or Sakala if up front.

Just now, Prso's headband said:

I’d get down to the sorting office at the Ford garage mate. 50/50 chance it’s there or still in Glasgow but better checking. I’ve heard of people getting their post from there whilst others have had to get in touch with the club for a re/print after explaining the situation 

Asked my wee sister there and she said they can't do anything at the sorting office. 

This is a fucking shambles man, you got yours yet? 

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Their 3 CDM’s that’s were the perception come from. Throw in fact that Aribo and Kent are hardly prolific and it’s enormous pressure on Morelos or Sakala if up front.

I see it the other way. If the forwards know that their backsides are covered, then they can concentrate on attacking.

I agree that Davis is unlikely to pop up in the Hibs box but the other two can and have scored goals.

I also think that Tav is more effective going forward when Ryan Jack is beside him.

34 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

I see it the other way. If the forwards know that their backsides are covered, then they can concentrate on attacking.

I agree that Davis is unlikely to pop up in the Hibs box but the other two can and have scored goals.

I also think that Tav is more effective going forward when Ryan Jack is beside him.

Steve Davis, Kamara, Kent and Aribo have scored 6 goals between them this season.

49 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Asked my wee sister there and she said they can't do anything at the sorting office. 

This is a fucking shambles man, you got yours yet? 

I got mine in the first grouping mate so got them before the break. 

The ones in grouping 2+3 have probably next to no chance of getting the tickets because those ballots were done in the past 2 weeks unless the TO is open  

47 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I got mine in the first grouping mate so got them before the break. 

The ones in grouping 2+3 have probably next to no chance of getting the tickets because those ballots were done in the past 2 weeks unless the TO is open  

Got an email to pick them up at Hampden on Sunday, thank Christ. 

3 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Looking forward to seeing how the team responds to the new heirarchy. No word about Gio being in the dugout I take it? 

I'd go with....

McGregor

Tav   Goldson    Balogun    Bassey

Aribo    Arfield   Hagi

Fashion   Alfie   Kent

Don't think his first training session is until Tuesday.

Massive game, not overly confident in all honesty. Hopefully we are at it from the start.

9 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Looking forward to seeing how the team responds to the new heirarchy. No word about Gio being in the dugout I take it? 

I'd go with....

McGregor

Aribo    Arfield   Hagi

Fashion   Alfie   Kent

Wilson said last night he would be in the stand 

14 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

I'd go with....

McGregor

Aribo    Arfield   Hagi

Fashion   Alfie   Kent

:belm: