Neil Mccann Coach

BlueKnight87

12 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

Brian kidd and Carlos Queiroz were regarded by Sir Alex as brilliant coaches who'd make excellent managers turns out they were dreadful. People suit just being a coach over managing it's 2 completely different roles and shouldn't be considered when hiring a coach. Also mcann was only a stand in for Robertson at ICT. 

So where does that leave McCann never being a coach but always being a manager? 

Just now, The Dude said:

So that's me saying I'd seen him do a bit of coaching. There's nothing in that where I say that's what I've based my opinion on. Right throughout the thread I've consistently said I'd based it on hearing from players who worked under him.

😂😂😂😂😂😂

I really liked McCann as a player and as a pundit but i'm not convinced he's the answer. I broadly agree that someone who's been close to the Scottish game the last few years would be useful to have around. I'm not convinced he did a great job at either of the clubs he's managed (albeit not the best jobs or circumstances). Listening to Walter's memorial, the stories of Sir Alex trying to get him from Dundee Utd to Aberdeen, then him being the first name he wanted for Scotland, then Souness wanting him. He wasn't a big name then but he had the reputation already as a top coach from those that knew the game. So using that parallel it is telling that McCann has not been linked with any other jobs. A great pundit doesn't equal a great manager. Look at Gary Neville or dare I say Ally also. I'm all for ex-players contributing but it has to be for the right reasons. We need top level coaches, not ok coaches or good guys. Being a good guy / analysing us well can't be enough to walk into the backroom staff. 

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

So that's me saying I'd seen him do a bit of coaching. There's nothing in that where I say that's what I've based my opinion on. Right throughout the thread I've consistently said I'd based it on hearing from players who worked under him.

When you saw him coach did you think my god he's shite or was it only when former players told you? 

2 minutes ago, DrLaudrup said:

I really liked McCann as a player and as a pundit but i'm not convinced he's the answer. I broadly agree that someone who's been close to the Scottish game the last few years would be useful to have around. I'm not convinced he did a great job at either of the clubs he's managed (albeit not the best jobs or circumstances). Listening to Walter's memorial, the stories of Sir Alex trying to get him from Dundee Utd to Aberdeen, then him being the first name he wanted for Scotland, then Souness wanting him. He wasn't a big name then but he had the reputation already as a top coach from those that knew the game. So using that parallel it is telling that McCann has not been linked with any other jobs. A great pundit doesn't equal a great manager. Look at Gary Neville or dare I say Ally also. I'm all for ex-players contributing but it has to be for the right reasons. We need top level coaches, not ok coaches or good guys. Being a good guy / analysing us well can't be enough to walk into the backroom staff. 

Great post

25 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Haven't said that once. 

Keep trying, you'll eventually get there.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

You will say anything than admit you have made an arse of it 😂 enjoy the rest of the day ya crackpot 

2 minutes ago, Nelson loyal said:

You will say anything than admit you have made an arse of it 😂 enjoy the rest of the day ya crackpot 

Tbf mate he said from the start former players told him he wasn't a good coach. He only admitted seeing him coach half way through the thread. 

Just now, Ross-Gazza genius said:

Tbf mate he said from the start former players told him he wasn't a good coach. He only admitted seeing him coach half way through the thread. 

He implied to Brackley Bluenose that he had seen him coach and when questioned he changed the subject like he always does. Mate we all know what he is like 😂 read the thread back and you will see what I am taking about. He's like a politician, never gives a straight answer and is incapable of being wrong 

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

When former players told me. I never sat through enough myself to have any real view one way or the other.

Maybe the cunts he coached were just absolute fucking dunderheids and couldn’t figure out what he was asking them to do on the pitch hence they didn’t like him. 

11 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Maybe the cunts he coached were just absolute fucking dunderheids and couldn’t figure out what he was asking them to do on the pitch hence they didn’t like him. 

That would mean he had failed to communicate on a level in which they could understand so he would still be responsible. A good coach communicates complex ideas in a simple manner so any audience can understand.

11 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Because I was explicitly asked whether I'd seen him doing any coaching.

Mate am not playing this game with you 😂 you replied to someone after they asked you that could you confirm you haven't  seen his poor coaching sessions for yourself and that it wasn't just opinions of a few players that apparently told you some information ? You replied you had seen him coaching. Being that him coaching badly was the conversation at the time and you implied that not only have players told you this, also that you had seen him coaching for yourself. You know exactly what am talking about here 😂