Goldson

GOAT

5 hours ago, JM1872 said:

Where you hearing that?

No offence to you at all, just talking in general, but see when someone posts something that's accurate and confidential. If it's factual there is no way they're going to divulge where it came from online and identify someone.

If someone does tell you where it came from then then it's not going to be personally known to them.

9 hours ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

Goldson will be missed and he probably is massively underrated by a lot on here myself included but saying we can't replace him is nonsense! It's a blow to lose someone who has been ever present since the moment he arrived. If we do our homework right and scout the right market he will be replaced. 

We can sign him on a free this summer 😁

10 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

He’s surely got to be saying to the Mrs “fuck playing Preston away on a Tuesday night whilst Rangers are scudding Bayern Munich at Ibrox next season just so you can be close tae yer maw ya cow”

Sounds like his decision to play football rather than join the Diplomatic Corps was quite wise.

:pipe:

11 hours ago, KaiserJon said:

May have changed his mind with the talk. Look at Kent in this tweet and as we all have seen the emotional moments recently from Goldson. Who knows really but including the tweet.

What did he say ?

I severely doubt Goldson will sign a new contract. It's out of his hands apparently, and he'll leave with a heavy heart. 

Rumours are his misses hasn't taken to Glasgow and Scotland at all and is desperate to move back down south. Wouldn't surprise me if Bournemouth or the likes took him now they're promoted.

15 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Be our biggest signing in the summer if we convince him to stay

We won't replace him unless we're willing to spend 10 million on a CB in todays market

Need to be pushing the boat out to convince him

I'm a big fan and desperate for him to stay. On the exact same boat where I think he is vital to us and it would be some bit of business if we keep him. He is so underrated on here but we need to stop with this notion that he is irreplaceable, certainly don't need to spend £10m on someone to replace what he can offer.

1 minute ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I'm a big fan and desperate for him to stay. On the exact same boat where I think he is vital to us and it would be some bit of business if we keep him. He is so underrated on here but we need to stop with this notion that he is irreplaceable, certainly don't need to spend £10m on someone to replace what he can offer.

He's the leader of the back 4, Tav has been awesome this season but he's the 'captain' of the defence whether you like it or not

We'll spend maybe 3/4/5 million to bring in a replacement, basically what Goldson cost us & we wont get anywhere near as good a player on day 1 of the season, the player might grow into the postion like Goldson did but he's a ready made CB for us next season

5 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

He's the leader of the back 4, Tav has been awesome this season but he's the 'captain' of the defence whether you like it or not

We'll spend maybe 3/4/5 million to bring in a replacement, basically what Goldson cost us & we wont get anywhere near as good a player on day 1 of the season, the player might grow into the postion like Goldson did but he's a ready made CB for us next season

I agree with you. On all the points including him being a leader just don't think he's as irreplaceable as some suggest.

2 hours ago, PromDeAnglais said:

I severely doubt Goldson will sign a new contract. It's out of his hands apparently, and he'll leave with a heavy heart. 

Rumours are his misses hasn't taken to Glasgow and Scotland at all and is desperate to move back down south. Wouldn't surprise me if Bournemouth or the likes took him now they're promoted.

If Goldson not signing is due to his wife, surely if we get into the Champs League he signs on for even 2 more years. 

A once in a lifetime opportunity for him that you’d imagine a partner would find it hard to deny him. 

2 minutes ago, LaaRFC said:

If Goldson not signing is due to his wife, surely if we get into the Champs League he signs on for even 2 more years. 

A once in a lifetime opportunity for him that you’d imagine a partner would find it hard to deny him. 

Not sure mate. If she's that unhappy then his personal life will be suffering as well at home. 

Just now, PromDeAnglais said:

Not sure mate. If she's that unhappy then his personal life will be suffering as well at home. 

I’ll tell you something that won’t improve home life, is next season big Goldson coming home from training, preparing for the big game against Blackpool at the weekend, sticking on the TV and watching us playing Real Madrid in the champions league. Knowing the only reason he isn’t there is because of the missus. 

In seriousness I take your point, if the wife’s not been happy for years he’s possibly made some promises he can’t go back on. Fingers crossed we can sort something though.