*****Europa League knockout round playoff draw*****

G.E.C.

Speaking on BT Sport, he said: "Ibrox is the factor here, you need to go away and keep it tight.

"If ever a fanbase has been starved of these nights, it's the Rangers faithful and they will make a noise, they will make it a cauldron.

"The big problem is stopping Erling Haaland, some of the top defenders in the Bundesliga and Champions League haven't worked out how to do that.

"So van Bronckhorst, you've got to have a game plan, maybe stop the supply into him, suffocating at source.

"It's an intriguing tie, it's probably the most difficult tie they could have got but they will embrace it and it's going to be a fantastic night at Ibrox.

"Where is your club at the moment? I don't think Glasgow Rangers, with all due respect, expect to win this tournament.

"They have been unbelievable, Steven Gerrard was able to do a great job there, and van Bronckhorst has come in and hit the ground running.

"It's just about the occasion, if they do go out and beat Borussia Dortmund, with the great players they have got, these lads become even greater legends in the city and club.

"Glasgow Rangers are a few years away from competing at this level, because they have come from a low point over the last 10 years. But it's a fantastic club, a fantastic city, and European football is all the better for having Glasgow Rangers at this stage in the competition."

nice words from joe cole but i had to edit some nauseating shite about the mhanks as the daily rebel cant have anything good about us without something better about them :pierre:

Am usually pessimistic at the best of times but I honestly believe we can get a result here.

They didn’t do as well as they should’ve in their CL group, I’d say we’re a better team and atmosphere than teams like Sporting Lisbon. 

Just now, STEPPS BOY said:

Did you watch Bassey yesterday.

An absolutely shocking performance and couldn’t cope with fucking Liam Boyce.

I also watch every one of Goldsons fuck ups and all of our backline made mistakes yesterday.

Bassey has a bit of strength about him , Harland will rag doll Goldson all night........

10 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

Haaland aside (if he plays) who was the last world class player to play against us?

Depends on definition of 'world class' but if we mean elite of the elite, I think you have to go back to the Barca in 2008 to play against anyone who could have a claim to being 'best in the world' in their position.

Man Utd in 2008 you had a prime Rooney, and Scholes/Giggs.

Recent years suppose Havertz is pretty high profile and could one day be up there.