Kevin Thomson Open Goal 2

Clemdog

4 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I loved Thomson as a player for us but I really can’t take to the fact he was Hibs growing up and is now apparently one of us 

I think he seems genuine with it, but equally I'm sure I watched him on a Youtube video on some Hibs fan thing (can't remember how/why) a few years back saying that whilst he'd never say a bad word about us Hibs are still first and that's where he takes his kid/s.

5 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I loved Thomson as a player for us but I really can’t take to the fact he was Hibs growing up and is now apparently one of us 

IIRC he kept bouncing back to them over his career at least three times I think 

He’s a defo hibee 

1 minute ago, the goal machine said:

Both yeah. Footballers aren’t like us where they’ve got one team who they’re a diehard supporter and that’s it. 

Well that’s nonsense. There’s countless football players that are die hard supporters of one club, our ex manager was one of them. 

Anyway, I like Thomson but Hibs are disgusting 

5 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Well that’s nonsense. There’s countless football players that are die hard supporters of one club, our ex manager was one of them. 

Anyway, I like Thomson but Hibs are disgusting 

Meant to say most footballers. They sign for different clubs and grow to love them in some cases. Thomson’s one of them.

Hibs are cunts but it’s not as if he was one of the bitter ones who hated everything Rangers.

44 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I don't think he is "one of us" properly

He takes his boys to Hibs games and 1 of them just signed a contract at Hibs. That's his team and always will be

He has a soft spot for us and supports us in Europe (like a few Scottish lads I know who support other teams, but it's rarer than before) plus out of respect to our fanbase he doesn't join in anything that some of our fans might take offence to

We gave him the best moments of his career and supported him in his coaching journey I'm not surprised he still has a soft spot for us

Just now, psb07158 said:

He takes his boys to Hibs games and 1 of them just signed a contract at Hibs. That's his team and always will be

He has a soft spot for us and supports us in Europe (like a few Scottish lads I know who support other teams, but it's rarer than before) plus out of respect to our fanbase he doesn't join in anything that some of our fans might take offence to

We gave him the best moments of his career and supported him in his coaching journey I'm not surprised he still has a soft spot for us

Fair enough. I got the impression he had entirely jumped ship but can understand what you’re saying if that’s the case 

6 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

Fair enough. I got the impression he had entirely jumped ship but can understand what you’re saying if that’s the case 

During the interview he does say 'he loves the Club' and constantly talks about 'the Manager' when talking about Gerrard.

One of those few who understand Rangers, Thomson definitely gets it, for someone who wasn't brought up a Bear.

11 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

During the interview he does say 'he loves the Club' and constantly talks about 'the Manager' when talking about Gerrard.

One of those few who understand Rangers, Thomson definitely gets it, for someone who wasn't brought up a Bear.

I listened to it as well, was great to hear a few more Walter stories that I hadn’t heard. Also a really interesting insight into him as a coach. I think he’ll do really well because people like him. Couldn’t actually believe the stuff about him turning up and coaching even if there was one kid there. He won’t be short of a Bob or two so to have that kind of dedication to put something back to the game is sheer class. Got so much time for him. 

23 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Are you sure, manager of Kelty and seen his boys at Kelty games 

18 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Definitely think he has more than a soft spot for us

I just remember folk bugging him about this on Twitter and a few times over the years he has replied saying "I'm a Hibee" 

Just now, Lord Lockin said:

Are you sure, manager of Kelty and seen his boys at Kelty games 

Might have changed since he was appointed at Hibs mate (in terms of him taking them to games - he definitely used to), but his boy definitely signed for Hibs: 

6 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

I just remember folk bugging him about this on Twitter and a few times over the years he has replied saying "I'm a Hibee" 

Might have changed since he was appointed at Hibs mate (in terms of him taking them to games - he definitely used to), but his boy definitely signed for Hibs: 

It's ridiculous the abuse he gets from them, amusing though how much it bothers them he came to us

1 hour ago, The Specky Liar said:

12 minutes in he says his goal is to manage us one day

He'll always be respectful to the club he grew up supporting but if it came to it I think it's us over them, our fans love him and a lot of the Hibs fans despise him

John Greig was brought up a hearts fan look how that turned out