*****The Official Nonce FC v Rangers Match Thread*****

G.E.C.

2 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

The turning point that season was the Celtic Kilmarnock game at Rugby Park. They were 3-0 down and Lennon was mentally clearing his desk. They pulled one out the bag and then we drew with St Mirren.

We were 1 0 up in injury time and threw everyone up for a corner that they then broke forward from and scored

Was absolutely awful game management 

2 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

It’s not an excuse but would love to know what the players were privvy to that season in regards to what was about to unfold.

The sudden loss of form from a squad which was still heavily made up of players who had been there and done it  with 3 titles in a row and been to a European final has always bugged me . It’s hard not to think the behind the scenes shitshow was having some sort of effect 

Maybe, was some amount of shite in that squad though and we didn't have the best manager either to put it mildly :lol: 

3 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

It’s not an excuse but would love to know what the players were privvy to that season in regards to what was about to unfold.

The sudden loss of form from a squad which was still heavily made up of players who had been there and done it  with 3 titles in a row and been to a European final has always bugged me . It’s hard not to think the behind the scenes shitshow was having some sort of effect 

There were loads of rumours in the September/October that things weren't well. Most of it was dismissed at the time as nonsense.

I remember this because when we went so far in front people were joking we would still win the league even with a points deductions (but not actually believing the rumours of admin).

2 hours ago, Valance1690 said:

Balogun isn't match fit & Helander is turning into another Jack, a complete liability for a title run in

If we offered 400/500k as was reported and they wanted 750k, course its them ripping the piss a bit but its our fault for letting things get to the last day and not having adequate cover in place

We've had to play Bassey at CB for months now, he's a LB & a young one at that who has done brillant this season, we should've went and got Souttar in early and had him well settled by now alongside Goldson 

Balogun will be nearing as fit as he needs to be and Helander is more than likely available for the run in. 750k for Souttar and a sell on would be basically bending over. Hearts know that, hence setting the price there. Cause they need him. Not getting Souttar isn't a disaster by any means.

21 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I just quickly watched some highlights there. I was wrong about it raining, it looked dry but the wind was certainly swirling.

The Wallace goal - yep, not a single one of our players claimed it had gone in. Because it was just inside the post I think it was pretty difficult to tell from the naked eye it was a goal.

Forgot about David Healy's tackle :lol: 

So did I :lol: 

9 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

We were 1 0 up in injury time and threw everyone up for a corner that they then broke forward from and scored

Was absolutely awful game management 

Late goals . We always seem to concede them while they bastards score them . 

Always remember one in the 2009 run in .Think it was Dundee Utd with about 5 or 6 games to go . Scored from a break from one of our corners . Think it was that beast goodwullie. Leaving the ground everyone thought we had fucked it . Thankfully wasn’t the case 

1 minute ago, cr3_bear said:

Late goals . We always seem to concede them while they bastards score them . 

Always remember one in the 2009 run in .Think it was Dundee Utd . Scored from a break from one of our corners . Think it was that beast goodwullie. Leaving the ground everyone thought we had fucked it . Thankfully wasn’t the case 

Remember that. Was 2011, thankfully Inverness did us a favour a few weeks later

2 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Balogun will be nearing as fit as he needs to be and Helander is more than likely available for the run in. 750k for Souttar and a sell on would be basically bending over. Hearts know that, hence setting the price there. Cause they need him. Not getting Souttar isn't a disaster by any means.

We'll see after the next 3 games whether that's true or not

Taigs, Hearts, Hibs 

3 games I'd rather have Souttar in at CB for

13 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

There were loads of rumours in the September/October that things weren't well. Most of it was dismissed at the time as nonsense.

I remember this because when we went so far in front people were joking we would still win the league even with a points deductions (but not actually believing the rumours of admin).

The tax rumours broke the day before we beat them 4-2 iirc.

I’ve always felt I had my first concerns with Whyte as early as August when we couldn’t get Goodwillie and failed to get past Malmö.

Just now, G.E.C. said:

The tax rumours broke the day before we beat them 4-2. 

I’ve always felt I had my first concerns with Whyte as early as August when we couldn’t get Goodwillie and failed to get past Malmö.

Yeah, remember we chased Juhasz all summer and it was clear we couldn't afford it.

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Yeah, remember we chased Juhasz all summer and it was clear we couldn't afford it.

It would be interesting to see how we would have looked if we got Ally’s first choice.

He failed to get him, Cuellar, Danns, Conway, Hamed and a Dutch winger I’m sure.

2 hours ago, Bluekev said:

I know mate I've done it, fucking horrible flight.

It is mate.  Twice for me.  I always remember the 1st time down when we stopped in Ascension for a re-fuel, having a beer in the heat thinking this is alright.  Little did I know what was waiting at the other end.  Some good memories as well, mostly involving alcohol.

Just now, DMax399 said:

It is mate.  Twice for me.  I always remember the 1st time down when we stopped in Ascension for a re-fuel, having a beer in the heat thinking this is alright.  Little did I know what was waiting at the other end.  Some good memories as well, mostly involving alcohol.

😂😂😂 Exactly the same for me 

30 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

One of the first big stories that always sticks out for me was the old Arsenal shares being sold and the reaction it caused . There was probably bigger stuff before that but always sticks out in my mind as one of those “wtf is going on “ moments 

edit: looking back to see when that was actually announced and the headlines seem to be from around the time of admin. I always thought it was a few weeks before . Memory and timeline is all over the place when looking back at that period 

16 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

It would be interesting to see how we would have looked if we got Ally’s first choice.

He failed to get him, Cuellar, Danns, Conway, Hamed and a Dutch winger I’m sure.

Wesley Verhoek, we chased him for a while then Im pretty sure he turned us down saying he wanted to stay in Holland

4 minutes ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

Unpopular but yip I'd take a draw right now. 

Get our squad back to fitness and kick right on for the next few months.

I'd be content enough with a draw but I'd still twist for the win, its there for us if we turn up.

1 minute ago, We Will Follow Rangers said:

I'd be content enough with a draw but I'd still twist for the win, its there for us if we turn up.

We can absolutely do it, just hate the thought of them going top after the brutal points we've spunked away already.  And them scrapping through.

Just now, Moody Blue Legend said:

We can absolutely do it, just hate the thought of them going top after the brutal points we've spunked away already.  And them scrapping through.

They've been scrapping for while mate, they're no blowing teams away and have rode their luck a bit, they've a team full of o/f debutantes as well while our team has been there and done it, all things being even, I think we'll win, so fucking hope so...

52 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

The tax rumours broke the day before we beat them 4-2 iirc.

Or when he got out a taxi and walked down the stadium 

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

The turning point that season was the Celtic Kilmarnock game at Rugby Park. They were 3-0 down and Lennon was mentally clearing his desk. They pulled one out the bag and then we drew with St Mirren.

Compounded by Kayal should have been sent off but wasn’t, assisting their comeback.

Was listening on the radio heading for Ibrox & the scum pulled it back in the time we were stuck in traffic under the Kingston Bridge, about 10 minutes.

IIRC we were one up when Lafferty tried time wasting in their corner, lost it & they shot upfield to equalise (Thompson 😡).

As you said, a real turning point.