Ryan Jack

plymouthranger

Just now, J-Maestro said:

Honestly this is the sort of times I think we should be getting in guys like Lewis Ferguson too who aren't going to shite it in these types of games. Yeah they might not be as technically good as some other signings but they've grew up in it and know what's required.

Spot on but our support are snobs and continue to turn their nose up at these kind of guys. 

Even cunts like Allan Campbell who is doing very well at Luton, would have cost next to nothing and put up a better fight than what we saw today from the likes of Diallo. 

I’d love to have top tier footballers who can show both fight and ability but in these games more often than not it just comes down to attitude and who wants it more. We lost pretty much every single individual battle across the entire pitch. 

5 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Spot on but our support are snobs and continue to turn their nose up at these kind of guys. 

Even cunts like Allan Campbell who is doing very well at Luton, would have cost next to nothing and put up a better fight than what we saw today from the likes of Diallo. 

I’d love to have top tier footballers who can show both fight and ability but in these games more often than not it just comes down to attitude and who wants it more. We lost pretty much every single individual battle across the entire pitch. 

Soon as I saw McGregor in the midfield I figured we would get outfought in the middle. There's nothing wrong with having Diallo's in too, but there needs to be a proper Scottish core in the team that knows what is required and will hold these guys accountable. Hopefully next season we will have Souttar, Jack and someone else to provide that.

10 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Soon as I saw McGregor in the midfield I figured we would get outfought in the middle. There's nothing wrong with having Diallo's in too, but there needs to be a proper Scottish core in the team that knows what is required and will hold these guys accountable. Hopefully next season we will have Souttar, Jack and someone else to provide that.

Think it was @CoatbridgeBear who said it’s embarrassing that McGregor played with a mask on and not a single one of our players left one on him in that 90 mins and he’s 100% correct. 

Walter would never, ever have let our players away with that. Shambles 

1 minute ago, psb07158 said:

Think it was @CoatbridgeBear who said it’s embarrassing that McGregor played with a mask on and not a single one of our players left one on him in that 90 mins and he’s 100% correct. 

Walter would never, ever have let our players away with that. Shambles 

Just glad Souttar didn't join and start today, he'd have been hung out to dry by our support after today and it would have been the rest of the teams fault. Not ready to write off Diallo either though, can't expect some young lad to make a difference when our experienced pros were cowards.

4 hours ago, psb07158 said:

That’s the thing though. Top tier footballers who have both fight and ability usually do play at the top I.e EPL. I don’t think it’s as simple as saying we just sign so and so and we win the dog fight though. There’s a few in that side last night who shat it beyond belief but have previously been up for the battle. There’s something not right and for me it falls with the manager.

On Jack, if fit he should always be in the 11.

if everyone is fit, the midfield for rest of the season should be Jack Ramsey aribo 

7 hours ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

It’s interesting that he signed a new deal when he did.

Ben Foster did an interview with Aaron Ramsdale and Foster said that typically if a player who expects or wants a move doesn’t get one because the club rejects offers he will usually be rewarded with a new deal, I’m assuming as a make good.

I think that’s exactly what has happened with Kamara rather than him signing a new deal because he is super committed to the club.

Certainty to be sold this Summer but should have been sold last Summer when he was playing out of his skin for the undefeated league champions and he showed up well at the Euros.

Also think people are kidding themselves on about how much we will get for him too. 

There is a huge question mark around Wilson and the way we have managed contracts and signings since he came in imo.

8 hours ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

It’s interesting that he signed a new deal when he did.

Ben Foster did an interview with Aaron Ramsdale and Foster said that typically if a player who expects or wants a move doesn’t get one because the club rejects offers he will usually be rewarded with a new deal, I’m assuming as a make good.

I think that’s exactly what has happened with Kamara rather than him signing a new deal because he is super committed to the club.

Certainty to be sold this Summer but should have been sold last Summer when he was playing out of his skin for the undefeated league champions and he showed up well at the Euros.

Also think people are kidding themselves on about how much we will get for him too. 

It was an absolute disgrace he was banned for the Champions League qualifiers but we should have sold him after the Euros. Would have got a really good fee for him and probably more time to buy a suitable replacement for those games.

His performance  despite the deficit at that point was everything every single one of those midfielders bar Arfield should be doing .

As a former midfielder GVB has to decide who becomes the mainstay in the team allied with a cohesive tactical plan that is a blueprint and can be adaptable but standards are falling faster than snow off a dyke the last month or so under his watch that cannot continue .

These majority of these players who have been regulars now need put on notice as to what is expected from now on in.

If that means more intensive training in honing passing and movement then get it done as it's becoming predictable what's being served up there really is no excuses as the squad as a whole has had depth despite injuries.

13 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Caved to the previous manager's wishes.

It’s on three levels for me.

The whole two players for one position thing was daft considering our resources. It meant quality was sacrificed for quantity. We have squandered a lot on players that were unnecessary or were just plain shit.

Then there is the indulging over Lundstram. A horrific signing. It’s such a poor mistake for the club in so many ways.

Third is allowing the situation within the side to deteriorate because we didn’t sell players in the Summer.

Board are just as bad for caving in to it too.

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

There is a huge question mark around Wilson and the way we have managed contracts and signings since he came in imo.

For a club were money is tight, i’m not sure gambling on signings that have had injury records in past is just bizarre.

24 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

It’s on three levels for me.

The whole two players for one position thing was daft considering our resources. It meant quality was sacrificed for quantity. We have squandered a lot on players that were unnecessary or were just plain shit.

Then there is the indulging over Lundstram. A horrific signing. It’s such a poor mistake for the club in so many ways.

Third is allowing the situation within the side to deteriorate because we didn’t sell players in the Summer.

Board are just as bad for caving in to it too.

The ironic thing is on the other side of the city they have done the opposite and genuinely went and bought quality over quantity. They were getting laughed at for squad depth in October/November but they took a punt, got through to the January window and strengthened further. 

7 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

The ironic thing is on the other side of the city they have done the opposite and genuinely went and bought quality over quantity. They were getting laughed at for squad depth in October/November but they took a punt, got through to the January window and strengthened further. 

I’m not for one moment saying Stephen Kelly or Ross McCrorie are the answer but punting them and bringing in guys like Lundstram, Andy King, and Zungu was/is such a waste of resources for players that were/are bench warmers.

They have made do with Walsh, Ralston, Montgomery and a few others whose names I can’t think of. 

1 minute ago, McEwan's Lager said:

I’m not for one moment saying Stephen Kelly or Ross McCrorie are the answer but punting them and bringing in guys like Lundstram, Andy King, and Zungu was/is such a waste of resources for players that were/are bench warmers.

They have made do with Walsh, Ralston, Montgomery and a few others whose names I can’t think of. 

Kelly looked fine in pre-season. He looked like he could do a job as a backup if required. Proceeded to never get a chance because useless cunts like Lundstram are in front of him.

Lowry is clearly showing that he has more to offer than Bacuna. I dread to think how much money we have wasted on these guys.

20 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

It’s something we have been bad for doing for years and it has to stop. What did Brandon Barker, on £8,500 a week, offer to the squad that Glenn Middleton didn’t? 

It’s like some people at the club have never got out of this everything has to be bigger, better & more extravagant because we are Rangers mindset that David Murray implemented.

Don’t get me wrong, Monday was superb, but the Ramsey signing is the perfect microcosm of it. Signed at considerable expense and to loads of hype but ultimately wasn’t fit enough to even be on the bench for the biggest league game we have had in years.

Just now, BlueSuedeSambas said:

It’s something we have been bad for doing for years and it has to stop. What did Brandon Barker, on £8,500 a week, offer to the squad that Glenn Middleton didn’t? 

It’s like some people at the club have never got out of this everything has to be bigger, better & more extravagant because we are Rangers mindset that David Murray implemented.

Don’t get me wrong, Monday was superb, but the Ramsey signing is the perfect microcosm of it. Signed at considerable expense and to loads of hype but ultimately wasn’t fit enough to even be on the bench for the biggest league game we have had in years.

The guys attitude at Juve suggests to me its not going to be all glory with him , hes being treated like a messiah already and hes not kicked a ball.

3 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

That's a really good point. 

2 hours ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

And might no be ready for weeks. 

Lowry has 2 brilliant games and yet to be heard of since. 

We might not have a choice but to play the young team next season if we don't win the league. 

4 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Been saying on other threads Wilson is a major problem, the amount of sub standard signings he's made he should be out the door 

3 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

What made it worse is Gerrard saw McCrorie as a midfield player and everybody jumped on the bandwagon. (not me). He is a  CH who is carving out a decent spl career for himself as a CH. As a fourth choice with us, he would have gotten game time this year.

And don't forget Bacuna, Ejaria and Coulibaly. As great a midfielder as Gerrard was, he has a hard time identifying one.

11 hours ago, J-Maestro said:

Honestly this is the sort of times I think we should be getting in guys like Lewis Ferguson too who aren't going to shite it in these types of games. Yeah they might not be as technically good as some other signings but they've grew up in it and know what's required.

I certainly think Lewis Ferguson is one that is underrated by us. He has a lot of the qualities we value in Scott Arfield and he can also play deeper. 

The problem with some of this young scottish talents is the fees. The boy Ramsey at Aberdeen also has a hefty price tag. Clubs know that ourselves and celtic need Scottish players for Europe and we're seeing this down in England as well just on a much bigger scale.

Though it's the type of thing you have more leverage with if you get into the CL!