Gio

5 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

That’s a lie

It's not. They lost their opening game and we had a lead for half the season then after Christmas the squad and management had a complete collapse. 

They have went through an entire squad rebuild. Half the squad never experienced Scottish football before and several European football having come from Japan. 

A manager coming in who's also got no European experience or connection with Scotland. 

When did we have a better chance recently? 

Be an absolute embarrassment not to win it this year not towntion we probably won't get near it again due to the fire sale we will have to go through handing them 30 million to boot. 

It's cool but we can to Australia and join the title party for them in a few month. 

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

It's not. They lost their opening game and we had a lead for half the season then after Christmas the squad and management had a complete collapse. 

They have went through an entire squad rebuild. Half the squad never experienced Scottish football before and several European football having come from Japan. 

A manager coming in who's also got no European experience or connection with Scotland. 

How is it all on Gio then considering, they’ve dropped points in two games since he’s been here? They’re on a ridiculous run of form.

We never had a complete collapse either, we’ve been the exact same for the vast majority of the season.

Last season was the easiest run ever, 09/10 too, plenty in the 90s.

13 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

When they didn't spend around 30m to our 2.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

When they didn't spend around 30m to our 2.

They had to spend to rebuild. We spent a fortune on 2 loans who cant get a game. Ones constantly crocked and the other not good enough.

We have made a cunt of the season and its every bit as poor as theirs was last season. 

8 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

They had to spend to rebuild. We spent a fortune on 2 loans who cant get a game. Ones constantly crocked and the other not good enough.

We have made a cunt of the season and its every bit as poor as theirs was last season. 

Said this before but they are buying on a net pay. Eduoard, Ajer and Frimpong have funded it.

Something we should have done ages ago.

Just now, G.E.C. said:

Said this before but they are buying on a net pay. Eduoard, Ajer and Frimpong have funded it.

Something we should have done ages ago.

We kept our assets and will have to take a hit on them in the summer. 

We will require an equally miraculous rebuild to theirs. Do you trust this board and management to do it? 

10 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Absolute nonsense comment from him tbh considering he knows fine well they sold 2 of their best players to fund those deals..

We lost nobody..

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

We kept our assets and will have to take a hit on them in the summer. 

We will require an equally miraculous rebuild to theirs. Do you trust this board and management to do it? 

Nein.

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I still think there's a decent chance we will win all our remaining games and win the league, but if he doesn't then I'd sound out Knutsen.

We're struggling if it's not someone like that though.

Worry is we won't be able to afford offloading him and the back team. We will go with it until it gets toxic next season. 

We need a miraculous turn of form to win it. Dortmund type results and performances in the games against them. 

Worrying thing is the players will know drop anymore points it's done and that hanging over their heads for the remaining 8 games doesn't bode well considering how we deal with high pressure situations domestically. 

59 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

He has to win the league, you can't come in with the lead we had and finish second to them after the rebuild they've had to go through.

If he puts us through any kind of humiliation against the fenians like last time again then it shouldn't even be a question.

💯%

8 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I still think there's a decent chance we will win all our remaining games and win the league, but if he doesn't then I'd sound out Knutsen.

We're struggling if it's not someone like that though.

🤣🤣🤣

Aye your optimism is evident all over the forum.

6 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

🤣🤣🤣

Aye your optimism is evident all over the forum.

There's blind optimism like yours and the likes of Jeffrey who won't hear a bad word said about Gio, and then optimism from realizing that we're 3 points behind and the fenians aren't that good.

4 hours ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

So far yes, he has been, but calling for his head after 21 games is still laughable especially when it wouldn’t salvage our season and it would make us look like a joke.

Nice of you to keep latching on to me saying he’s been a disaster domestically though. I also see you’ve already got your “aye but Gerrard” point in on the previous. At what point are you going start judging what you are seeing Gio put out on the park rather than fall back to your default position of highlighting something Gerrard did or didn’t do?

So we dont compare a new manager using an old managers team to the old manager using his team? Why not? 

So you say gio is a disaster domestically, how do you come to that conclusion? 

4 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

So we dont compare a new manager using an old managers team to the old manager using his team? Why not? 

So you say gio is a disaster domestically, how do you come to that conclusion? 

Maybe cause it’s looking likely that we’ve thrown our title away. 

If we continue to play badly the league is gone.

However I'm backing us to step it up and hit form soon. The question for me is, how soon. We win our next couple and we may have got through the bad patch and still be right in it. Another fuck up and the league looks unlikely. One more and I'll probably say that's that.

Just my two cents

1 hour ago, The Godfather said:

We've spent a fortune AFAIK on one loan, Ramsey, who has been a waste of 2m to date.

But after a full pre season and the bones of 30m on their squad I think many underestimate how decent they should be. They should be dominating and winning now for that sort of investment in Scotland. 

We're nowhere near fucked this season as they did last season. That's frustration talking and there's no credible argument for that.