I’m 43 this year.

Junior Soprano

11 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Better result given who they were and record etc, but performance wise lyon absolutely battered us for the 90mins lol, tonight could have been 5 or 6, going forward tonight we were unbelievable 

I was there that night and I have to say that I cannot recall us being battered for 90 minutes, although TBF Lyon were a very good team. Highlight of the night was the thousands of Bears singing au revoir, au revoir au revoir, as the Frogs streamed out after the third goal.

2 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

Older bears will want 3-2 away win (the Bobby Russell goal) over PSV in European Cup to be considered too.

Having said that, the gulf in the relative player values means last night is probably tops.

To get Lundstram, Jack and Arfield for nothing and see them boss players costing tens of millions was superb. And Kent showed (even just for Lundstram goal alone) why £7M was good business too.

I was at the Apollo that night to see AC/DC then went into the Lunar Seven for a pint afterwards to watch the highlights without knowing the score.

There was a lot of unhappy bheasts in there when I let out a yell as Bobby Russell slotted home that goal,,,,,,which was nice.

1 hour ago, Jakes Pal said:

I was there that night and I have to say that I cannot recall us being battered for 90 minutes, although TBF Lyon were a very good team. Highlight of the night was the thousands of Bears singing au revoir, au revoir au revoir, as the Frogs streamed out after the third goal.

768623351_Screenshot_20220218-125415_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.3056140162eaaa7936bc53cffefb8bed.jpg

Id say thats a bit of a kicking lol

36 minutes ago, Canabear said:

I was at the Apollo that night to see AC/DC then went into the Lunar Seven for a pint afterwards to watch the highlights without knowing the score.

There was a lot of unhappy bheasts in there when I let out a yell as Bobby Russell slotted home that goal,,,,,,which was nice.

My Old Man was at that game, at the time that was our best away result (excluding Barca) in Europe as PSV were a very serious force at that time. The Old Yin told me stories about that trip that had me champing at the bit to get abroad, sadly I had to wait a few years as at that time my Maw would not let me go any further afield than Edinburgh or Dundee.

Im a bit older than 43 but have to say as a stand alone performance and result then last night was the best in my lifetime. Beating juventus over two legs in 78 was incredible, they had 7 or 8 italian internationals, but last night was unreal. At four one up we had the chance to make it five and were wondering if what you were seeing was actually happening. Unreal.

1 hour ago, Canabear said:

Fucksakes! I was at the Apollo that night as well mate. 🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Canabear said:

An away European win that often gets overlooked was the win at Elland Rd. against Leeds Utd.

An wee fact of note from that season, it's fair to say Leeds didn't have the best of league campaigns that season but only one team beat them both home and away :pipe:

On 18/02/2022 at 13:15, Canabear said:

What a night :bow:

On 17/02/2022 at 22:41, Junior Soprano said:

I’ve seen us away v Lyon, sporting, lyon, Leverkusen, panathaniokos, etc etc

That is the best result in my life time.

god bless the Glasgow Rangers 

43 eh? Pot bellied, grey hair and groaning every time you have to bend over to lift something up. Not old enough for a pension, but too old to get it up without popping a pill. Funny auld age. 

Anyhow. I"m very proud of our result. One of our best ever in Europe. We need to follow it up with a good performance on Thursday though. Throwing that lead away at home would make our win appear a fluke. 

Will be a very nervy game if they score first. We can't afford to lose possession early on. Apart from that I'd use similar tactics as Thursday. Gio got the tactics spot-on.