*****Official St Johnstone vs Rangers match thread*****

.Williamson.

I can see it staying the same after half time, if it stays 1 = 0 I can see us getting nervous. 

If they somehow get a goal then the subs will come. 

Hopefully that scenario doesn't play out and Gio changes things up now and gets the win. 

1 minute ago, sausagetrunks said:

we've been fucking horrible and if this continues in 2nd half it will not end well. we miss jack bigtime! think SJ have went 3-4-3 maybe drop lundstram in as sweeper again? 

If they are 433 then we should be able to completely dominate the middle and completely control the game, tempo and direction its going

Which we will undoubtedly do then sell a cheap goal lol

1 minute ago, HG5 said:

Be surprised if he’s not away in the summer, mate.

If that happens, with the danger of losing Alfie to some big offer and Itten already done, we might need to change the entire forward line. 

1 minute ago, HG5 said:

I think they’re all suffering from the impact of workload, just Arf is getting into the positions more often!

They look reasonable getting around the pitch (mainly) but lack that bit of extra ‘edge’ which enables the pass or shot to hit the mark.

I think for Arfield in particular he looks half a yard off the pace and has for weeks. Snatching at things because he's lacking a bit of sharpness.

You can see it at times too defensively, a couple of times St Johnstone were passing down our right hand side in small spaces and he was almost getting to it but not quite.

Like I said though I think the main thing is the big chances he's missing are at key moments in games and they're killing us.

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I think for Arfield in particular he looks half a yard off the pace and has for weeks. Snatching at things because he's lacking a bit of sharpness.

You can see it at times too defensively, a couple of times St Johnstone were passing down our right hand side in small spaces and he was almost getting to it but not quite.

Like I said though I think the main thing is the big chances he's missing are at key moments in games and they're killing us.

👍

4 minutes ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

I don’t think he trusts Lowry unfortunately.

No idea why, he’s played 2 proper games and been Man of the Match Twice, then never seen again (other than a small cameo)

Seems weird considering Gio had a reputation for blooding youngsters at Feyernoord. Surely even McCann could be more involved in match day squads too, especially when we have so many tired legs in midfield.

Just now, demise said:

If that happens, with the danger of losing Alfie to some big offer and Itten already done, we might need to change the entire forward line. 

We need a complete rebuild pretty much. They should start with a refresh of our scouting department.

We sign a player from england that apparently needs 6 months plus 'to settle' whilst they sign players from fuckin japan that come in a start tearing up the league straight away. Unreal. 

Just now, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Seems weird considering Gio had a reputation for blooding youngsters at Feyernoord. Surely even McCann could be more involved in match day squads too, especially when we have so many tired legs in midfield.

I’d read the opposite. One of Feyenoord fans biggest criticisms of Gio was lack of trust in Youth Players.