Old Firm In Australia…

1 minute ago, corbyloyal84 said:

As much as I hate the idea of this all this ange homecoming shite means we shouldn't be anywhere near this but at the end of the day the board are running a business and all they will be looking at is this is a chance to cut a big chunk off the £7 mill deficit. I'm as fucked off at all this as everyone else but it's the league we play in don't think they had any choice with the figures being touted 

£7m deficit? You mean the one from where we’ve since made £4m+ from Gerrard £11m from Patterson? £4m ticket sales from Dortmund and Red Star plus prize money?

2 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

We made nearly 20m from Gerrard/Patterson and are on a good Euro run.

Get that mate honestly I think it's ridiculous this is happening but the figures being quoted I don't think they was ever gonna turn it down its the way football is nowadays unfortunately 

1 minute ago, ElBufalo20 said:

£7m deficit? You mean the one from where we’ve since made £4m+ from Gerrard £11m from Patterson? £4m ticket sales from Dortmund and Red Star plus prize money?

As I said to another poster I'm against this I don't want it but the board don't look at things the same way we do 

Find the response to this a bit OTT.  We have played in kids tournaments before where celtic were involved, not sure what the issue is with doing the same with our reserves and being paid a fortune for it.  Seen someone criticising Bisgrove for getting us too many sponsors in here too..... his job is literally to maximise our commercial income.

As much as this is never a friendly, fans in Australia will be happy to see the team and we will get paid a load of money for a nothing game.  Whilst many would rather we didn't play them, the reaction and hysteria is a bit over the top.... it's not like we are flush with cash either.  This could give us the money to fund another signing or sign an extension for a key player.  If we were coasting the league I doubt anyone would care too much about this.  

10 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Talk about overreacting!

So if we drop points you won’t give a fuck cos we’re playing the tarriers in a friendly next season.

You do know they are up in court for trying to cover up a paedophile ring and you think we should condone that by going on tour with them?

1 minute ago, The Specky Liar said:

Seen this mentioned on FF where is it coming from?

Not too sure tbh. FWIW, I wouldn't be surprised if there are differing fees for the two clubs based on projected incomes, merch and various marketing stuff etc from the games but not sure it would be as big a gap as that.

This has came about because of where their manager is from , they are behind it and calling the shots and we do as we are told.

Also the money part of the trip is just bullshit , we could have arranged a far more glamorous 4 team tournament at Ibrox as all the leagues are closed , that would have made more cash than this shit.

7 minutes ago, The Dude said:

2-3m.

Suggestions they are getting as much as 6m.

Hid on....what?!

They unwashed fucks are getting more than double what we are getting?

So we are funding them to the tune of £3-4m?! 

Jesus fucking christ!!!!!

Get them sacked. The fucking lot of them!!!!!