Club Statement

Siam69

34 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

It wasn't getting sold to the city council.  It was only half of the car park to be sold to a private building company called Merchant Homes.  We had to retain part for match day parking.  We had supposedly got a deal nearby for other car parking to make up for what we would lose in housing.  The way house prices are rising they should get the flats built ASAP.

It's being built for social rent. Or at least, that was the original plan.

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

Site investigations and various other preparatory reports for the project were done over a year ago. Nowt much since. 

Thanks, it seems ages since someone put the plans/drawings up here.

I thought it was all ready to go, but that is obviously not the case. 

Just now, Bears r us said:

Thanks, it seems ages since someone put the plans/drawings up here.

I thought it was all ready to go, but that is obviously not the case. 

Shouldn't be far off ready to go. Whether it actually starts any time soon is another matter.

I know they've done drainage reports, transport reports, ground/site investigations, consultations and all that stuff.

4 minutes ago, Inigo said:

Shouldn't be far off ready to go. Whether it actually starts any time soon is another matter.

I know they've done drainage reports, transport reports, ground/site investigations, consultations and all that stuff.

Thanks for that info, not sure how it will effect the parking numbers, someone said we have kept some of it, but if the money is right we probably have no option but sell it.

Just now, RFC55 said:

All of them come out looking pathetic but that club statement fuck me man.

Worst of them all 

Fucking madness mate, whoever thought that was the thing they should do in response to Club 1872 should be nowhere near running our club.

9 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Tbh, as much as it’s a terrible idea i think it shows were we are financially.

Ed House was supposed to be paid for by selling the Albion car park which has obvs never happened, it is obviously over running and material costs for a job like that must be through the roof.

We also need to remember the Cockney Elephant in the room regarding court cases and settlements.

This bothers me too, SB.

Given the disparity between Europa League & domestic league performances, it’s as though the massive CL windfall through winning the league has been seen as ‘medium term revenue’, so we’re prioritising the immediate benefits of continued EL progress, because we’re in need of short term cash flow.

Compare with the tramps, who appear to have bet the farm on winning the league, apparently unembarassed by their Norwegian horsing. (Not that much embarrasses them…)

14 hours ago, GersInCanada said:

Dave is a very clever man. Much smarter than Robertson etc.

No easy way for the board to pull out of Australia now. They either accept Kings money or they cover the cost themselves. If the board dig their heels in and go ahead with the friendly then I can see Dave forcing a regime change via an EGM.

Best if some humble pie is eaten and Australia cancelled then we can all move on.

I don't think the board will eat humble pie. I don't see them pulling out of this business deal, even if King has offered to pay the costs of setting up these games, because cfc could sue for the income it would have lost from these games.

I do see King forcing a regime change and as majority shareholder he could put forward his own people for the job, which would be a clever move for him, as he could rescue his shares from being devalued even more and get the price he wants when selling them.

I do think priority should be on the team and address these issues in a dossier one month before the AGM when board members will want shareholders votes.

7 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

I don't think the board will eat humble pie. I don't see them pulling out of this business deal, even if King has offered to pay the costs of setting up these games, because cfc could sue for the income it would have lost from these games.

I do see King forcing a regime change and as majority shareholder he could put forward his own people for the job, which would be a clever move for him, as he could rescue his shares from being devalued even more and get the price he wants when selling them.

I do think priority should be on the team and address these issues in a dossier one month before the AGM when board members will want shareholders votes.

The AGM will not be until after this proposed Aussie trip, it's usually the end of November.

2 hours ago, Copland bear said:

That arsehole should be nowhere near Ibrox,   That alone says it all about us under this board.  

He should have been told the Anti Unionist SNP are not welcome at Ibrox.  

I had never seen that photo before today. Disgusting.

It's the arrogance of the club Statement to call our 3rd biggest shareholders a"rump" of supporters. 

Whoever signed off the statement should be out as well as DG. Millionaires or just a run of the mill supporter we all have one thing we all love Rangers. The board would do well to remember that. 

Disgusting way loyal fans Rangers 

Just now, GersInCanada said:

I had never seen that photo before today. Disgusting.

He's a disgusting cunt who used to refer to us as H***,   Oh he apologised years later when tweets were found but he can stick that apology with Sturgeon right up his arse 

Snp and their supporters are nothing short of Scum, they want as many non Scots in this country to try and force a referendum along with the IRA lovers over in the east end of the city. 

On 24/03/2022 at 09:27, CXB said:

The AGM will not be until after this proposed Aussie trip, it's usually the end of November.

yes that's correct but I don't see them backing out of this business deal because the club could be sued for lost income 

39 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

King's offer to cover the costs is something the board need to address if they press ahead.

I don't think they will consider it but if they don't then they open themselves up for regime change as he is the majority shareholder.