Gio Discussion Thread

stevemac

31 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Gio is a result of much wider problems at the club that need addressed. 

But those players are phoning it in until He goes and that needs to be addressed immediately. 

Yip. Nail on the head mate

Brugge beat Leverkusen, Porto almost got a result v Atleti, Sporting beat Frankfurt in their own stadium, Salzburg held Milan, Marseille held Spurs for 80 odd mins

3 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Not happy with his post match comments. Zagreb beat Chelsea 24 hours ago. 

It’s an absolute nonsense to suggest we shouldn’t be competing at this level. We have a huge wage bill so clearly we’re overpaying our players or recruitment is awful. Note, competing does not = winning. It means not getting fucking molested.

Beat Leipzig 

beat Dortmund 

beat Porto 

beat sporting 

beat benfica *drew

what’s changed? Nothing absolute shit bag presser 

Probably one of his biggest backers but you can’t say we can’t compete that’s just pathetic. 

We can’t compete financially, but at the end of the day it’s 11v11 on the park and anything can happen, that’s football. If he can’t instill belief like that then he simply has to go

5 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Brugge beat Leverkusen, Porto almost got a result v Atleti, Sporting beat Frankfurt in their own stadium, Salzburg held Milan, Marseille held Spurs for 80 odd mins

It was in response to the question of was he backed in transfer market he’s trying to deflect away from the issues.

If he says no I wasn’t backed he’s potentially losing his job, if he says squad isn’t good enough cause he wasn’t backed or players were an absolute joke (both of which are true) he loses dressing room.

Could of used better choice of words but I’ll no criticise some cunt for that while not in their native language.

Actually don't care that we didn't sign anyone, as all we would have been doing was strengthening another team by taking their shite off their hands and wasting our hard earned cash in the process.

I also don't want Gio sacked too quickly as it let's  the Board and Wilson off the hook. But Gio will be the fall guy.

1 minute ago, Smell the hotdog said:

It was in response to was he backed in transfer market he’s merely trying to deflect away from the issues.

If he says no I wasn’t backed he’s potentially losing his job, if he says squad isn’t good enough cause he wasn’t backed or players were an absolute joke (both of which are true) he loses dressing room.

He’s lost the dressing room already that was evident within about 3 minutes tonight and 90 on Saturday. Their disinterested in what he has to say, it’s as clear as day. The players are absolute embarrassments for downing tools 

Just now, DiamondDan said:

Actually don't care that we didn't sign anyone, as all we would have been doing was strengthening another team by taking their shite off their hands and wasting our hard earned cash in the process.

I also don't want Gio sacked too quickly as it let's  the Board and Wilson off the hook. But Gio will be the fall guy.

I'm fucking amazed you're still here.

I'm pretty fucking sure I've seen that post before too....

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

He’s lost the dressing room already that was evident within about 3 minutes tonight and 90 on Saturday. Their disinterested in what he has to say, it’s as clear as day. The players are absolute embarrassments for downing tools 

Wouldn’t disagree but from his point of view he will be doing all he can to get them onside, publicly throwing them under the bus like SG used to do isn’t going to help matters.

Covid and Villa saved Gerrard from these cunts getting him the bag, don’t see how Gio manages it.

6 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Shakhtar won 4-1 in Germany when they lost most their best players, country is at war, but aye nah bother Gio..

9 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Really don’t get your point here. What actually Is it?

You don’t need hundreds of millions to compete, proven by other clubs competing, who haven’t spent hundreds of millions

Just now, theblueoysterbar said:

Probably been mentioned before, but why did Gio send Shagger out to warm up near the end of the first half?

Trying to send a message to McLaughlin and then shat it? Fucking baffled here.

I didn’t notice that - bizarre. 

10 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Really don’t get your point here. What actually Is it?

I get his point, he’s just not used great examples.

Leverkusen have lost 4 out of 5 before the night, Chelsea are a shambles who’s players have chucked it and are shite, Sporting put Dortmund out last season and Frankfurt aren’t actually that good based on the game against us

1 minute ago, theblueoysterbar said:

Probably been mentioned before, but why did Gio send Shagger out to warm up near the end of the first half?

Trying to send a message to McLaughlin and then shat it? Fucking baffled here.

Did he?

Send what fucking message to McLaughlin?  

"Stop keeping us in the fucking game asshole or I'm going to send Grandad on!"