Gio Discussion Thread

stevemac

Just now, .Williamson. said:

We are now at that stage we are just waiting for him to be sacked, and in the meantime just have to watch the side have more poor results. Good laugh this 

I’m almost certain we won’t win on Saturday, they’ll be right in our faces and won’t give us a minute, a big defeat could be on the cards 

2 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

I’m almost certain we won’t win on Saturday, they’ll be right in our faces and won’t give us a minute, a big defeat could be on the cards 

As much as I dread that and the humiliation of losing to those scumbags, if it got van Bronkhurst out the door sooner then that would be a small silver lining.

i defended gio for quite a bit. even after celtic game i felt it was individual errors more than anything that cost us.

but he has not learned from the first old firm game he had at parkhead. and that was a long time ago. 

the fact the players did not even try last night was pretty damning.

His faults have been badly exposed, but he's been majorly thrown under the bus by an incompetent board. The problem is, if Gio goes, the new manager just has the same problems to deal with. You think Bielsa, Knutsen (just 2 names I've seen written by supporters) or anyone else that'll be mentioned in any capacity would even consider it looking at the shambles in front of them.

54 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

But what happens then? All the blame goes on Wilson. 

Look at the media close to the club since the tarrier game. They're solely blaming Wilson for the signings and contracts. Why wouldn't they tie Gio in with that?

Gio ain't going to publically say he is just the coach if he has been told by the people who hired him to not say that. Doesn't end well for him if he goes against his bosses.

If you're right then he's even weaker than I'd appreciated.

To be a head coach not a manager is fine, it is what it is.

To be recruited as a manager, actually be a head coach but not say as much due to instruction or whatever is weak as fuck.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

If you're right then he's even weaker than I'd appreciated.

To be a head coach not a manager is fine, it is what it is.

To be recruited as a manager, actually be a head coach but not say as much due to instruction or whatever is weak as fuck.

He is weak. No two ways about it. His pressers and what's been said about his demeanour all points to weakness. 

Fuck, even just look at the change of his attitude towards new signings coming in right after qualifying against PSV to the day after deadline day. Complete change. 

39 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

We are now at that stage we are just waiting for him to be sacked, and in the meantime just have to watch the side have more poor results. Good laugh this 

Only the fans that suffer during the inevitable. Players still pick up their thousands of pounds and get a fresh start under a new management. 

We need to be looking at a manager who treats the league with the disdain it deserves and is tactically flexible enough to at least compete in Europe. 

Knutsen actually looks like the perfect candidate on paper but even then his results are iffy.

Probably looking along the lines of Tedesco and Marco Rose. That’ll never happen for us unfortunately with the current board and DOF

5 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

We need to be looking at a manager who treats the league with the disdain it deserves and is tactically flexible enough to at least compete in Europe. 

Knutsen actually looks like the perfect candidate on paper but even then his results are iffy.

Probably looking along the lines of Tedesco and Marco Rose. That’ll never happen for us unfortunately with the current board and DOF

Has Marco rose not just signed with Leipzig? 

4 minutes ago, Big Al 55 said:

Just too soon for me.

Zonal marking has to go, Goalie has to go. I’d give King a shot at CH, McCann at shot in midfield and Ridvan a shot on the LW

None of that will happen though 👍

He basically said after the fenian game he wouldn’t change and didn’t and the result was the same.

8 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

He basically said after the fenian game he wouldn’t change and didn’t and the result was the same.

I know, but I still hope, rather than think he’ll turn it around. As I said just too soon…def leaning towards times up though.

Regardless of what we think I don’t see anything happening unless the run continues in the league.

7 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

TBF, I think after a result like that most managers probably give the players a chance to redeem themselves. The fact they served up what they did is all the more damning. He should change it on saturday but he probably won't.

22 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Rose is taking the Leipzig job.. After Tedesco has just been sacked.