Gio Discussion Thread

stevemac

13 minutes ago, Redmond7 said:

He's already said he has no intention of changing anything. 

Would like to see a front pairing of Colak and Morelos as well but I don't think we ever will under Gio. 

He said that 3 or 4 weeks ago mate. Or do you think we should just continue as is with 0 goals for and 11 against?

Edit: sorry I just saw you want Morelos & Colak also.

19 minutes ago, MadSasa said:

Think Ross Wilson and his poor recruitment are a big part of the problem but GvB’s tactics and the players he picks show that he isn’t the man to take us forward. Really like Gio as a person but sadly I don’t think we’ll progress under him despite reaching the EL final last year.

Have you met him? 

Team was “up for it”. But that’s the bear minimum. First champions league home tie for most. 

We’re not moving forward as a club.
This isn’t a squad that’s building, developing a play style, blooding in young talent and upgrading in weak areas.

We spunked what little money we had on 2 guys who are nowhere near the starting team. Our midfield peaked in 2012. No disrespect to them I thought they did themselves proud tonight.

6 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

He said that 3 or 4 weeks ago mate. Or do you think we should just continue as is with 0 goals for and 11 against?

Edit: sorry I just saw you want Morelos & Colak also.

He also said it during the week there and it fucked me off. As a manager you need to be able to change things. If you can't or won't then you're not lasting very long. 

I'm old school and I have wanted to see 4 4 2 for ages. Our squad looks like we want to set up that way. Somebody said above we have the bodies. 

I'd love to see us start a league game, Saturday would do, with defenders having to face up to Colak and Morelos 

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

His stubbornness will be his downfall. Why are all managers so pigheaded? 

If something isn't working, change it!

Got to agree here! There’s far too many “philosophy junkies” in management! Walter Smith was an excellent example where by he would play Boyd week in, week out in the league but very rarely in big games! Exactly how Colak should be played, if we have the service he scores a barrel load, games like tonight should always be for an Alfie style player! Time will tell if Gio has finally worked that out or if tonight was just bringing Alfie back in for the sake of it! 

3 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I see Balogun played 90 minutes tonight in a 0-2 away win. It didn't take him long to get fit yet Gio says Davies isn't ready I say bull shit!!

Balogun leaving is the hardest one to take! He was never phenomenal but was reliable! Souttar/Davies don’t give that reliability, they may both be better defenders but if they’re not there week in week out what’s the point? 

Personally can't fault him for tonight but one thing I've picked up upon during the last three games and something which I think is really important in football is playing in to the midfield, there's a massive lack of us playing into midfield and getting turned and opening up the park. Now I'm not sure if this a personnel issue, a tactical issue or a bit of both but I think it's clear to see.

Was right up for this. Found a cracking Rangers bar in Florida and must have been about 100 of us. Night fucked noo. Telling the weans were no going to the park and Pluto is a bawbag. Cheers Rangers.

Showed them too much respect. Played with the shackles on. Hopefully see no more posts telling me how good James Sands is when he doesn't make a cunt of things. Also Kamara rhymes with useless cunt.

3 minutes ago, stuart1994 said:

Personally can't fault him for tonight but one thing I've picked up upon during the last three games and something which I think is really important in football is playing in to the midfield, there's a massive lack of us playing into midfield and getting turned and opening up the park. Now I'm not sure if this a personnel issue, a tactical issue or a bit of both but I think it's clear to see.

Our midfield is just a shambles. 

What’s the deal with Ben Davies, been sitting on the bench for an age when it’s clear Sands isn’t good enough.

We’re throwing a teenager in King in ahead of him on a regular basis. Mental for a guy that cost us £4m.

Ridvan not getting a look in is absolutely bizarre as well.

6 minutes ago, stuart1994 said:

It was fucking unbearable. We got possession back, played across the back 4 then punted the ball up the park 60 yards and turned over possession. Unreal. We were like a Scottish side.

2 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

What’s the deal with Ben Davies, been sitting on the bench for an age when it’s clear Sands isn’t good enough.

We’re throwing a teenager in King in ahead of him on a regular basis. Mental for a guy that cost us £4m.

Ridvan not getting a look in is absolutely bizarre as well.

Only just returned to training.....

Last Monday......

Ridvan is a mystery that no one seems to want to ask Gio about.

Just now, esquire8 said:

Last Monday......

It’s fairly fucking obvious to anyone with a single brain cell why he’s not been played, why would anyone ask about it?

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

Last Monday......

Its no really. Borna has been playing well. You don't just get signed and go straight into the starting eleven when the other guy in that position is playing well.

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

It’s fairly fucking obvious to anyone with a single brain cell why he’s not been played, why would anyone ask about it?

So we spent the majority of our summer window money on a left back to sit on the bench? And we have to be okay about that? Has Barisic form been that fucking outstanding this season?