Specky Robertson

falkirkNS

15 minutes ago, The Dude said:

SNP got more than 100,000 votes more than the Tories and Labour combined. That's effectively half the electorate voted SNP. Either Rangers fans aren't bothering their arse to vote or there's a sizeable number of Rangers fans voting SNP.

We discounting Lib Dems for some reason?

Bit of both I think, more on the not bothering side.

Not sure about anyone else, but I vote through gritted teeth as everyone’s absolutely shite. 

5 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

We discounting Lib Dems for some reason?

Bit of both I think, more on the not bothering side.

Not sure about anyone else, but I vote through gritted teeth as everyone’s absolutely shite. 

Same reason I discounted the Greens and various independent candidates. Although tbh, counting Scottish Labour as a 'pro-union' party is a bit of a stretch

12 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Same reason I discounted the Greens and various independent candidates. Although tbh, counting Scottish Labour as a 'pro-union' party is a bit of a stretch

They got around 6 times the number of votes the Greens got, and the Greens are currently in (a form of) power.

Can’t just lump out the 4th highest votes received because it doesn’t suit your argument. 

1 minute ago, graeme_4 said:

They got around 6 times the number of votes the Greens got, and the Greens are currently in (a form of) power.

Cant just lump out the 4th highest votes received because it doesn’t suit your argument. 

Conversely, they got something like 10% of the votes the SNP got.

Even adding in the Lib Dems, half of those who voted voted for pro independence parties.

1326194 (SNP/Green) v 1367734 (CON/LAB/LIB) - FPTP

1314698 v 1260101 - Regional list.

However you want to dress it up, one of three things can be taken, either a sizeable number of Rangers fans are voting SNP, the apathy of Rangers fans is playing a big part in the SNP continuing in power or we aren't as well supported as we want to think.

Think the last one can be discounted tbh.

25 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Conversely, they got something like 10% of the votes the SNP got.

Even adding in the Lib Dems, half of those who voted voted for pro independence parties.

1326194 (SNP/Green) v 1367734 (CON/LAB/LIB) - FPTP

1314698 v 1260101 - Regional list.

However you want to dress it up, one of three things can be taken, either a sizeable number of Rangers fans are voting SNP, the apathy of Rangers fans is playing a big part in the SNP continuing in power or we aren't as well supported as we want to think.

Think the last one can be discounted tbh.

Can blame Rangers fans all you like, but the opposition to the SNP are absolute dog shit and most don’t deserve a vote. 

4 minutes ago, MayboleLoyal_atb said:

Really don’t see why any one would think it’s ok for her to be at ibrox  🤢

IRA/Nationalist/SNP loving mutuants would think so, the same ones who say they support Rangers on here infact.

Stand out a mile away, just reel them in on threads like these, plenty lurkers afraid to post too.

Just have a look on social media to see what the HUGE majority think about this specky wanker and his SNP love fest he has got.

Rangers charity foundation is getting it severely tight despite the good work it does. Im sure this is Speckys doing and not Connal who chairs the foundation.

Specky and his Republican/Nationalist agenda he is trying for.

As much as nobody likes it, this kind of thing has to be done. 

You can't run a large business in Scotland and have zero political communication. It literally doesn't matter if they hate us. Both parties have to be seen to be working together on various community/societal issues. 

12 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Fuck the board though, 100%. Get them all out.

There 100% needs to be a clearout/inquest come monday morning after the SC final.

Ross Wilson too must answer his transfer policy for Jan, its criminal how we have let Plan A Ange the fat aussie extra from neighbours win this league.

13 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

In the build up to a match, there will be interviews with players and the management team from both sides, except if one of those sides is Rangers.

Richard Gordon saying “Giovanni van Bronckhorst has just said on Sky/BT Sport that blah blah blah…” is not an interview.

Denying employees of Rangers the same voice as every other club is discrimination and it is censorship.

Again you find yourself defending an organisation whose contempt for Rangers is well established and beyond question.

You seem to put yourself in that position quite often. Very strange.

Not when you know his inner beliefs. He worked for the anti Rangers daily rebel ffs.

1 hour ago, falkirkNS said:

There 100% needs to be a clearout/inquest come monday morning after the SC final.

Ross Wilson too must answer his transfer policy for Jan, its criminal how we have let Plan A Ange the fat aussie extra from neighbours win this league.

There should be but there won't be.

The biggest enemy to democracy across Scotland and the UK in recent times has been apathy, and the lack of people actually voting. I know voting used to be compulsory in Australia, or a fine imposed - is that still the case? It has it's flaws, but I'd like to see that given a try. Politicians would have to work damn harder for their votes.

It would also hold the possibility of giving them a right showing up. MPs regularly get elected with less than a quarter of the electorate when we have garbage like 40% turnouts. It also holds the possibility for them to get a right showing up when they get beat by "A large squirrel called Betty" or any of the mad indie candidates.

At the last general election, I didn't vote for the party I liked most - I voted for the one that I hated least, and I know that lots and lots of people did the same. I come from a working class background, born and raised up a close in the Thatcher years where anybody voting Tory would be thought mad.

Now........

Keir Starmer and that wank Corbyn before him - sadly unelectable

SNP - you can just fuck right off

Lib Dem - do they still exist?

Greens - would I trust them with our armed forces? Naw

That only left Boris, and am kinda ashamed to say I voted Tory, but the reasons above are why.

BUT................... I believe the time is right for a new party to emerge who can attract people to think for themselves. Bring together what made other parties good in the past, have a zero tolerance on sleaze, aim to unite the country instead of dividing it at every possible opportunity. You'd need strong personalities, respected people who didn't make a cunt of themselves every five minutes (Farage, Galloway and Sheridan are all passionate people - but daft cunts at the same time).

AND - get Spitting Image back on Council TV. Make these fuckers accountable every minute of the day. Don't do anything stupid or make a tosspot of yourself - and you'll be fine.

Rant over.

SNP are still wanks though!

6 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

The biggest enemy to democracy across Scotland and the UK in recent times has been apathy, and the lack of people actually voting. I know voting used to be compulsory in Australia, or a fine imposed - is that still the case? It has it's flaws, but I'd like to see that given a try. Politicians would have to work damn harder for their votes.

It would also hold the possibility of giving them a right showing up. MPs regularly get elected with less than a quarter of the electorate when we have garbage like 40% turnouts. It also holds the possibility for them to get a right showing up when they get beat by "A large squirrel called Betty" or any of the mad indie candidates.

At the last general election, I didn't vote for the party I liked most - I voted for the one that I hated least, and I know that lots and lots of people did the same. I come from a working class background, born and raised up a close in the Thatcher years where anybody voting Tory would be thought mad.

Now........

That only left Boris, and am kinda ashamed to say I voted Tory, but the reasons above are why.

BUT................... I believe the time is right for a new party to emerge who can attract people to think for themselves. Bring together what made other parties good in the past, have a zero tolerance on sleaze, aim to unite the country instead of dividing it at every possible opportunity. You'd need strong personalities, respected people who didn't make a cunt of themselves every five minutes (Farage, Galloway and Sheridan are all passionate people - but daft cunts at the same time).

AND - get Spitting Image back on Council TV. Make these fuckers accountable every minute of the day. Don't do anything stupid or make a tosspot of yourself - and you'll be fine.

Rant over.

The TUV in Northern Ireland are going to cause a few shockwaves next Thursday.

Scotland you have no choice but to vote tactically.

2 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

In the build up to a match, there will be interviews with players and the management team from both sides, except if one of those sides is Rangers.

Richard Gordon saying “Giovanni van Bronckhorst has just said on Sky/BT Sport that blah blah blah…” is not an interview.

Denying employees of Rangers the same voice as every other club is discrimination and it is censorship.

Again you find yourself defending an organisation whose contempt for Rangers is well established and beyond question.

You seem to put yourself in that position quite often. Very strange.

Last week he was defending the Irish republic’s support for nazi Germany this week snp members,dont know if it’s trolling or just being a cunt.

13 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Now........

Rant over.

Spot on mate . There’s been a void for years for a political party in Scotland to take over from the snp and fight them , as you’ve said the Tory’s are trying but their reputation in the past makes some voters think twice about backing them . It seems to be the in thing to be lefty snp , their only real goal is independence at any cost they don’t give a fuck about any other policy and that’s proven with the amount they’ve failed with . If your not snp and pro Indy your a facist and a racist etc , they’ve worked that trick to a t .