Why the fuck did Ramsey not start?

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Tbf I only got back last night, not watched the full game back. 

Maybe theres a bit of boy who cried wolf about it, fuck knows. But for a guy with a build like he has, there's a fragility about him - likely mentally as much as physically. 

No doubt mate. I actually think on occasion he has feigned injury. Sure Gerrard hinted at something with him too.

3 hours ago, esquire8 said:

Anyone else took a pathetic penalty as he did would be getting the same abuse from me. In the final of a european tournament and you decide to take it like that? Fuck right off.

Because its Ramsey it just adds to the huge failure it has been.

Doesn't change the fact people would be blaming Gio for not bringing him on. 

27 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

No doubt mate. I actually think on occasion he has feigned injury. Sure Gerrard hinted at something with him too.

Pretty sure he never said he feigned injury, he said he didn't play through being hurt at times. 

15 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Something many 'older' players complain about having done and it then impacting their quality of life after stopping playing.

Saw a programme years ago with the likes of Razor Ruddick talking about living in constant pain and having problems walking because of having injections so they could play.

6 minutes ago, Darth Bear said:

Saw a programme years ago with the likes of Razor Ruddick talking about living in constant pain and having problems walking because of having injections so they could play.

Used to see Terry Butcher in Airth and Bridge of Allan when he lived in the area and youd have thought the cunt had rickets going by the way he walks.

26 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Pretty sure he never said he feigned injury, he said he didn't play through being hurt at times. 

Aye I've more likely over exaggerated it but Gerrard seemed to suggest something similar.

"I don't know, you'll have to ask Borna. He had me worried because he tapped the floor about 55 times but I'm not sure, you'll have to ask Borna but he looks like he's moving okay now."

Fast forward a couple of days, though, and Gerrard had declared him fully fit. When asked how he was the manager was visibly frustrated, answering: "Fine. We haven't trained, it was just a recovery day. He's fine. Nothing wrong with him."

9 minutes ago, Darth Bear said:

Razor weighing about 30 stone will have a part to play in that.

4 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Razor weighing about 30 stone will have a part to play in that.

Sure it was his knees so definitely didn't help.

Knees and ankles the big killers although I do remember there was someone with fucked hips as well.

Some of them were basically cripples.

9 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Quite interesting. Danny Rose suggesting the cortisone injections triggered his depression. A lot of interesting medical revelations in sport just now which could change the landscape of sport. Especially around concussions.

Just now, Darth Bear said:

Knees and ankles the big killers although I do remember there was someone with fucked hips as well.

I can see it - I've gone back to playing after not kicking a ball for 15 years, hips and ankles aching until they recover between games. Knees thankfully very good, but can easily see how players who played professionally for years will have fucked their bodies and will be doing well to not have resorted to pain meds.

I think even Laudrup has had to have hip replacements though might be wrong about that.

5 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Quite interesting. Danny Rose suggesting the cortisone injections triggered his depression. A lot of interesting medical revelations in sport just now which could change the landscape of sport. Especially around concussions.

Wouldn't be surprised if there was also a lot of them who abused alcohol to dull pain and 'manage' injuries, leading to alcoholism issues

12 minutes ago, Darth Bear said:

Something I had never really thought about was the state of keepers hands. BT Sport did a special about keepers and most of the ones interviewed for had absolutely mangled fingers from all the breaks and stubbed fingers they had during their career :lol:

7 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

Something I had never really thought about was the state of keepers hands. BT Sport did a special about keepers and most of the ones interviewed for had absolutely mangled fingers from all the breaks and stubbed fingers they had during their career :lol:

Here's Rob Green's right hand (Sorry)

image.thumb.png.3ac6234f1fa8d1ae437c0cb23a1fb556.png

18 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Wouldn't be surprised if there was also a lot of them who abused alcohol to dull pain and 'manage' injuries, leading to alcoholism issues

Razor Ruddick confessed to the very thing.

He was one of the youngest on the programme as I remember it. Most these lads never made much and struggled to make a living, something that the modern player doesn't have to worry about the same.

It is something that happens if you want to be at the peak of any sport. Even folk like ballet dancers end up with problems. 

I'm stuck with a dislocated sternum and fucked knees because of my runs in the mud and can't wait to get back out there 😅

I think a career of taking injections, being routinely expected to play with injuries, ignoring head knocks etc is slightly different from us wanting a shitebag to stop going off when the going gets tough.

Hopefully Barisic recovers well from his current devastating injury and passes a medical elsewhere this summer.