Why the fuck did Ramsey not start?

8 hours ago, Goofy The Scot said:

In what fucking world is Kamara a better bet as an attacking midfielder than Ramsey? Why the fuck did we sign this guy? I assumed he was signed for the big games, you know, like a fucking European final. I'm not even gonna blame him for missing a penalty, he could've won us the game in normal time if he'd fucking played.

Sorry guys, i'm just pished and ranting.......... fucking Scott Wright started a European final ffs

Scott Wright was one of the better players we had on the park. 

Kamara, played well and supported Kent well, Ramsey can't be trusted to not be injured after 5 minutes.

Yup you were pished

8 hours ago, Gascoigne8 said:

Totally agree regards the pace. Unfortunately i said 4 years ago we would win fuck all with goldson and tav and i took a pasting for that when we won 55 but its looking more and more true a statement by the day

Who did you say that to and are you feeling all smug?

1 hour ago, DrLaudrup said:

I’d say the opposite to the OP. I’d not have had him on the park. It’s easy to say with the eye of retrospect after his dreadful penalty. Anyone can miss a penalty in massive finals (van Basten, Waddle, Shevchenko and Baggio come to mind), but it is more to do with his overall impact since he came in. He’s clearly still short of match fitness. For a player that is undoubtedly world class on his game he’s made almost no impact with us in a league he should be strolling. I know he scored the odd goal but I can’t really think of a game he’s changed since he’s been here. I’ve seen more from others and we need to start looking forward as a club. I’d genuinely rather have seen Lowry in at that stage last night. Clearly nowhere near the pedigree of Ramsey but on recent form has been better, and his desire and appetite would have been off the scale for a young player coming in in that game. The fearlessness that young players have, and the fact he was an unknown quantity would have made him a better choice in my opinion. Guys like him and Bassey etc are the future of our club.  

And thats why I would start Lowry in the scottish cup final. Our recruitment last summer and at Xmas was poor apart from Lundstrum who took most of the season to settle. It needs to be much better next season. No confidence in Wilson based on his performance to date though.

Ah didn’t think Gio covered himself in glory. The subs felt so rushed. That ball over the top was on all night. Roofe did it within 30 seconds of being on and Kent almost scored. Only Gio will know how much legs Roofe and Ramsay had in them. But Frankfurt were there for the taking if we had a bit of composure and a few better subs. Felt like we were always happy to take our chances on pens? Disappointed we were a bit negative. The amount of times Barisic just played the easy ball back. Not sure why we changed the way we play so much. Maybe the heat

Just now, bassettger said:

And thats why I would start Lowry in the scottish cup final. Our recruitment last summer and at Xmas was poor apart from Lundstrum who took most of the season to settle. It needs to be much better next season. No confidence in Wilson based on his performance to date though.

Lowry would have been on at HT last night for me. Amazing how other teams have no problem throwing their young players into big games. Gio fucked up big time with subs last night.

He turned out to be a total waste of a wage. Neither wonder Juve were desperate to get him to fuck.

All he is interested in is gaining some level of fitness in order to play for Wales (I bet he has a blinder in the euro play off)

He’s payed against the likes of Annan and Dundee and been a bit part player or entirely absent in all the games you’d want him to play in.

As an aside, did he even touch the ball in game time before the penalty? 
He has no vested interest in Rangers whatsoever so why on Earth was he even listed in the first 5 kickers?

6 hours ago, Madina said:

I honestly think Ramsey has been some kind of secret agent. I refuse to believe a "world class" player could be so piss poor for us. Injured 3/4 of the times, on big money etc. Sickening thinking back to how happy we were when we signed him. Ahead in the title race and thinking he'd be the main man, now hes cost us a European trophy. Would put my life savings on him not missing that if he was wearing a Wales shirt. 

Please ban yourself. 

Not going to have a go at him for missing the penalty. It happens, better players and better scorers have missed in those situations.

I've always been a fan of Ramsey as a player and was excited when he signed but it just hasnt worked out at all.

His injuries down the years look like they've taken its toll. He still is an extremely intelligent player because you dont lose that but he's a yard or two well off it unfortunately for us.

1 hour ago, beararse said:

He turned out to be a total waste of a wage. Neither wonder Juve were desperate to get him to fuck.

All he is interested in is gaining some level of fitness in order to play for Wales (I bet he has a blinder in the euro play off)

He’s payed against the likes of Annan and Dundee and been a bit part player or entirely absent in all the games you’d want him to play in.

As an aside, did he even touch the ball in game time before the penalty? 
He has no vested interest in Rangers whatsoever so why on Earth was he even listed in the first 5 kickers?

Spot on.