Why the fuck did Ramsey not start?

4 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

:lol:

Fuck up. Honestly just shut the fuck up

1 hour ago, Bigdave30 said:

Please ban yourself. 

Apart from the secret agent bit which was said tongue in cheek, what part of my post is wrong? Ramsey has been the biggest flop we have ever signed. 

I get the fact that anyone can miss a penalty, and that the pressure is immense on the taker. 
what I don’t get, is having someone who’s not even touched the ball (I can’t recall Ramsey taking a touch in game) taking a penalty.

blows my mind that anyone, including the penalty taker himself, doesn’t consider it dangerous.

Given the lack of game time not one single fan would have thought bad of Ramsey (or Roofe for that matter) had he said ‘count me out’, not one.

17 minutes ago, Madina said:

Apart from the secret agent bit which was said tongue in cheek, what part of my post is wrong? Ramsey has been the biggest flop we have ever signed. 

We all knew that if Ramsey was fit he wouldn’t be in Scotland.

We took a punt for a few million, It fell flat on its arse. 

Carlos Peña is just off the phone, he said you are talking shite and should ban yourself from the forum.

12 minutes ago, beararse said:

I get the fact that anyone can miss a penalty, and that the pressure is immense on the taker. 
what I don’t get, is having someone who’s not even touched the ball (I can’t recall Ramsey taking a touch in game) taking a penalty.

blows my mind that anyone, including the penalty taker himself, doesn’t consider it dangerous.

Given the lack of game time not one single fan would have thought bad of Ramsey (or Roofe for that matter) had he said ‘count me out’, not one.

It’s just reeks of this modern age “I have to be the smartest and most creative man in the room” type coaching and management that you see these days. Falls into the same category as managers who sub their keeper just before the end of extra time with penalties in mind. 

11 minutes ago, beararse said:

Ramsey came on specifically to take a penalty. His baws are so big he wanted a penalty. He wasn’t thinking about the team, Sakala or anything but taking a penalty in a European final. 

unfortunately for him he fucked it big time and now his baws are back up inside him. 

2 minutes ago, Bigdave30 said:

We all knew that if Ramsey was fit he wouldn’t be in Scotland.

We took a punt for a few million, It fell flat on its arse. 

Carlos Peña is just off the phone, he said you are talking shite and should ban yourself from the forum.

Pena didnt come with a massive reputation, or being hyped to be the man to lead his to glory. Pena also didnt miss a pen in our biggest game in decades. Ramsey didnt even stand out against a team like Annan ffs 

2 minutes ago, Madina said:

Pena didnt come with a massive reputation, or being hyped to be the man to lead his to glory. Pena also didnt miss a pen in our biggest game in decades. Ramsey didnt even stand out against a team like Annan ffs 

We spent more money on a non functioning alcoholic than we did taking a gamble on a player we knew was unfit and injury prone.

3 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

If Ramsey was fully fit, playing regularly and playing to a level he has shown in the past we would not have had a chance of signing him. He only became an option due to his situation at Juventus. We've took a calculated risk thinking if we get him up to speed, his quality would enhance the squad. Most of us were pleased at the time. It was always a risk and sadly it's just not worked out. When he's actually played though he has shown moments of quality and generally been okay although we were all hoping and expecting so much more.

In relation to the game, Kamara starts mainly due to his excellent performance in the Leipzig game. Wright has also been bright recently and I thought he played pretty well last night. Ramsey obviously had to come off in the semi final at Hampden so I just don't think Gio was ever going to take a risk on him unless we were desperate or unless there wasn't long to go. Ultimately that's what seemed to happen. I think Gio and most of us would trust Ramsey to score a penalty but we would be less confident his body holds up and that's possibly where Gio was at.

On the subs, it's all about opinions. However, I don't actually think the subs were that bad. I would question a few but nothing major. I thought Davis was good when he came on. Someone with an actual brain who doesn't just punt the ball every time or panic under pressure. Sakala was a reasonable sub to make. Incredibly frustrating player, tears your hair out. Doesn't always make the correct runs, decisions or hold the ball up but his pace and directness is always a threat. He also carries a goal threat. I'd maybe have rolled the dice with Ramsey, Diallo or Lowry but Gio went with Arfield who was fine when he came on, and no doubt the semi final goal at Hampden would have been in Gio's mind too. Sands has come on to allow Lundstram to push forward and the change in shape worked. We looked fitter, stronger and the most likely to win it in extra time. Roofe and Ramsey then came on mainly with penalties in mind. In those few minutes they caused problems which naturally makes us think of all the ifs buts and maybes.

The result and outcome is just utterly shite. 'Working' from home today and done absolutely fuck all. Cannot be arsed.

Agree with all of that. The subs weren't as bad as made out.

2 minutes ago, Laudrup1984 said:

If Ramsey was fully fit, playing regularly and playing to a level he has shown in the past we would not have had a chance of signing him. He only became an option due to his situation at Juventus. We've took a calculated risk thinking if we get him up to speed, his quality would enhance the squad. Most of us were pleased at the time. It was always a risk and sadly it's just not worked out. When he's actually played though he has shown moments of quality and generally been okay although we were all hoping and expecting so much more.

In relation to the game, Kamara starts mainly due to his excellent performance in the Leipzig game. Wright has also been bright recently and I thought he played pretty well last night. Ramsey obviously had to come off in the semi final at Hampden so I just don't think Gio was ever going to take a risk on him unless we were desperate or unless there wasn't long to go. Ultimately that's what seemed to happen. I think Gio and most of us would trust Ramsey to score a penalty but we would be less confident his body holds up and that's possibly where Gio was at.

On the subs, it's all about opinions. However, I don't actually think the subs were that bad. I would question a few but nothing major. I thought Davis was good when he came on. Someone with an actual brain who doesn't just punt the ball every time or panic under pressure. Sakala was a reasonable sub to make. Incredibly frustrating player, tears your hair out. Doesn't always make the correct runs, decisions or hold the ball up but his pace and directness is always a threat. He also carries a goal threat. I'd maybe have rolled the dice with Ramsey, Diallo or Lowry but Gio went with Arfield who was fine when he came on, and no doubt the semi final goal at Hampden would have been in Gio's mind too. Sands has come on to allow Lundstram to push forward and the change in shape worked. We looked fitter, stronger and the most likely to win it in extra time. Roofe and Ramsey then came on mainly with penalties in mind. In those few minutes they caused problems which naturally makes us think of all the ifs buts and maybes.

The result and outcome is just utterly shite. 'Working' from home today and done absolutely fuck all. Cannot be arsed.

A calculated risk ?

Best days were a long long time ago. Never played 3 full 90 minutes for Juve , injured repeatedly ever since he signed for them and Juve fans had been pleading with the club to get rid of him for months. 

The warning signs were all there just like many more injury prone players we have signed.

Just now, sassaaaa said:

A calculated risk ?

Best days were a long long time ago. Never played 3 full 90 minutes for Juve , injured repeatedly ever since he signed for them and Juve fans had been pleading with the club to get rid of him for months. 

The warning signs were all there just like many more injury prone players we have signed.

Arrived unfit and injured. Has never looked up to the pace. Expensive flop and that was before the penalty miss. Which he can't be blamed for and he should never have been in a position to take one.

6 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Ramsey came on specifically to take a penalty. His baws are so big he wanted a penalty. He wasn’t thinking about the team, Sakala or anything but taking a penalty in a European final. 

unfortunately for him he fucked it big time and now his baws are back up inside him. 

The more I think about it, the more it’s pissing me off. We got to the final and our noses in front using journeymen and free transfers yet this bawbag’s ego is such that he asks to take a penalty (or perhaps doesn’t refuse to take one when asked, I’m not sure what’s worse to be honest) then misses the critical kick, and he’ll just fuck to another club, counting his money with little to no fucks given.

As hard as the outcome is to take, id find it more palatable had Goldson, Lundstram or Kent missed that kick rather than Ramsey who has pretty much contributed the square root of fuck since his fanfare arrival in January.

33 minutes ago, beararse said:

What fucks me is that Ramsey would have sat there the entire 117 minutes, like us, just simmering, and as the tension ratcheted up, must have felt it. The fault comes in Gio leaving him  there to stew, when he could have allowed him 10-12 minutes of the final ET to get himself into the game.

What must absolutely kill the team is that the player with the biggest reputation did nearly fuck all to get them to that hallowed final, yet with 3 minutes on his clock card managed to destroy the monumental effort of the entire rest of the squad who did  get us there.

Gutting.

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

Agree with all of that. The subs weren't as bad as made out.

Yeah, I don't think it was that bad. We're all just devastated which I totally get.

I know it's not a Davis thread, and I have no idea what his future holds. He has been written off so many times but his game intelligence, especially in such a massive game was really good. The reverse into Kamara I think when most would have crossed it was great. Ironically maybe only Ramsey (or Hagi) would have seen that type of pass. 

9 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

A calculated risk ?

I guess that must have been the thought process. We would have spoken to Ramsey, assessed him, put in a place a bespoke plan for him and if we managed to get Ramsey fully fit and performing he could have been an incredible signing.

It's obviously not worked out that way. His injury record/fitness levels were clearly the major issue and ultimately it's backfired. Despite having those issues or concerns previously, he was still able to perform for Wales last year, and with the playoffs coming up soon, there was probably the hope he would be looking to get fit, play regularly and well, benefiting us, himself and Wales.

Not that it matters too much but I actually think Ramsey is quite taken by us, he speaks very well and seems a pretty genuine and decent guy. Unfortunately for everyone though it's not played out as we'd hoped.

16 minutes ago, Helicopter Sundae said:

What fucks me is that Ramsey would have sat there the entire 117 minutes, like us, just simmering, and as the tension ratcheted up, must have felt it. The fault comes in Gio leaving him  there to stew, when he could have allowed him 10-12 minutes of the final ET to get himself into the game.

What must absolutely kill the team is that the player with the biggest reputation did nearly fuck all to get them to that hallowed final, yet with 3 minutes on his clock card managed to destroy the monumental effort of the entire rest of the squad who did  get us there.

Gutting.

Post of the day. 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Just now, Laudrup1984 said:

I guess that must have been the thought process. We would have spoken to Ramsey, assessed him, put in a place a bespoke plan for him and if we managed to get Ramsey fully fit and performing he could have been an incredible signing.

It's obviously not worked out that way. His injury record/fitness levels were clearly the major issue and ultimately it's backfired. Despite having those issues or concerns previously, he was still able to perform for Wales last year, and with the playoffs coming up soon, there was probably the hope he would be looking to get fit, play regularly and well, benefiting us, himself and Wales.

Not that it matters too much but I actually think Ramsey is quite taken by us, he speaks very well and seems a pretty genuine and decent guy. Unfortunately for everyone though it's not played out as we'd hoped.

Makes you wonder just how injured he has been when he miraculously recovers when a Wales game comes around.

Another major fuck up in a long list of fuck ups by Ross Wilson.

Said it in feb, saying it now. Ego signing.

I feel for wee sakala more than anything, brought on about 70 mins and took off last 5 mins of extra time to appease the ego signing.

Wee sakala was embarassed. If your main striker cannot be trusted to take a penalty before chocolate legs ramsay then i give up.

Outwith that, the heat beat us more than anything. The handbrakes were not released because of the heat.

3 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Makes you wonder just how injured he has been when he miraculously recovers when a Wales game comes around.

Another major fuck up in a long list of fuck ups by Ross Wilson.

I think that is possibly another reason why we may have signed him. 

How really 'injured' was he? His list of injuries on paper doesn't look great and it's maybe not quite Bale levels but Bale seemed to be 'injured' when it suited him. It's probably a 2 way street, the clubs maybe haven't been great to them and seem to want them out, so any minor, slight knock and they are 'injured' but in reality are they really. Fuck knows. Either way it's not been great.