Keeping It Real(ly Shite), Michael Beale

2 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Some move for him, far too good a chance to pass up.

Just a reflection of the modern game really.

Managers have to bet on themselves when an opportunity comes up because everything moves so quickly and is very what have you done for me lately.

He’s got a big reputation atm but all it takes is a five or six run of poor results at QPR and he’s sacked, that work is undone and somebody else is the flavour of the week while he is trying to convince fucking Bristol City or some other shit to hire him.

3 minutes ago, Assegai said:

Well that's the thing, you could write off moves one and two, but this third move will stick in people's throats.

Apart from QPR fans it won't at all and even at that the majority will realise the step up is too much to turn down.

1 hour ago, The Specky Liar said:

Apart from QPR fans it won't at all and even at that the majority will realise the step up is too much to turn down.

I don't know. I don't think any step up justifies jumping ship after just three months. I've acknowledged that I may be being ideological however I do think there's a conduct/decency element at play here.

1 minute ago, Assegai said:

I don't know. I don't think any step up justifies jumping ship after just three months. I've acknowledged that I may be being ideological however I do think there's a conduct/decency element at play here.

At the end of the day, QPR will have to agree compensation for him.

It would be just like a player coming into QPR, lighting the league up and then a big bid comes in from the EPL at the next transfer window.

13 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Not sure I get why wolves have jumped in so fast, he's doing good with qpr but must only be about 10 games ffs

Every chairman will be looking for the next Potter atm in the same way that they all wanted the next Klopp a few years back and you ended up with guys like a David Wagner, Daniel Stendel & Daniel Farke getting jobs in England.

16 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Not sure I get why wolves have jumped in so fast, he's doing good with qpr but must only be about 10 games ffs

My theory:

They have realised they need to pivot away from relying on Portuguese player recruitment into something more sustainable and a bit more domestic focused otherwise they are stuck in a limited pool of managers they can appoint. But at the same time they need to not completely alienate their squad at the same time.

Beale is an up and coming British manager who is widely respected but he also speaks Portuguese and after every single training session he does he writes up his plan and notes in Portuguese as a way of practicing his language skills. 

He's really the only candidate that makes sense for them imo.