Keeping It Real(ly Shite), Michael Beale

Some move for him.

Not much loyalty in modern football, I'm sure the QPR heirarchy would have him sacked after a few bad games so he's right to consider it after a good run. Worst case he can come back to the Championship if it doesn't work out in the PL, sure he won't be short of offers.

This one seems strange.

Last night after the QPR game he said there was no official contact. 14 hours later QPR have gave permission and hes knocked them back straight away?

Surely you would go and speak to the club directly to hear their plans, at least to be professional and show some interest for the job maybe being available to you in the future?

He seems a level headed guy, always seems very professional 

Doing a good job at QPR, makes sense not to leave your first management role after a handful of good games and throw yourself into the EPL with a club who might just sack you after a string of early bad results

fair play to him, think this decision will benefit him in the long run 

16 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Silly call from him to be honest. Should have jumped at it.

Every chance his stock massively dips over the coming months and does not get a sniff of EPL again.

Leaning towards this tbh.

He clearly backs himself to get another opportunity which is fair enough - time will tell if he will. 

59 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Silly call from him to be honest. Should have jumped at it.

Every chance his stock massively dips over the coming months and does not get a sniff of EPL again.

Couldn’t agree more. He was an under 18s coach maybe earning 60k a year, 4 years ago. Even if he gets the sack at wolves, he’d be set for life. 

As you mention it’s very plausible that QPR fall off a cliff and his stock drops with it. The romantic in me hopes he’s holding out for a call from us. 

Nice to see someone loyal to their club unlike the guy who managed us before Gio.

I personally think he's made the correct decision. Fight a relegation battle with Wolves or try and take QPR into the premier League. 

Only time will tell I suppose. But I hope he succeeds.

2 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Big away game for him tonight, in 2nd place at the moment.

20:00  Birmingham City v QPR - Sky Sports. 

Am I a moron for hoping QPR slip up and his offers from the premiership dry up?  Probably. 

am I going to do it anyway in the hopes that he’ll come to us? 100% yes. 

20 minutes ago, MillarNotMiller said:

Am I a moron for hoping QPR slip up and his offers from the premiership dry up?  Probably. 

am I going to do it anyway in the hopes that he’ll come to us? 100% yes. 

I am happy for him to do well, but understand your point.

The way I look at it is if he cannot do well there then he will not be right for us. :hmmm: