Keeping It Real(ly Shite), Michael Beale

Will be really interesting to see how he transforms from coach to Manager. Clearly has the man management stuff in the bag if you listen to his podcasts, but relinquishing control over the actually coaching aspect on the training pitch is what I think he'll find tough.

Goes without saying I wish him all the best.

7 hours ago, HuistraHairDo said:

Can see Villa going down. 

Hope Beale does well

QPR have had some decent managers in, as much as ppl slag Warburton when he came to us he gave us a style of play that we were severely lacking.

Beale coming in now could be a good fit tbh.

Warburtons style of play looked good in the championship. It was possession football for possessions sake when we got back into the top flight though, dropping points in style is what it was 

7 hours ago, .Williamson. said:

Warburtons style of play looked good in the championship. It was possession football for possessions sake when we got back into the top flight though, dropping points in style is what it was 

I agree mate 

If I'm being honest pre 2012 I didn't think the Scottish Championship level of football was much different from the bottom six/eight of the SPL until we played in them, but there is a massive difference.

Warburton didn't get that a draw is as good as a loss when you want to win a league.

On 04/06/2022 at 06:03, .Williamson. said:

You have to look at the quality of player he had. Wanted to play Barca football with a Motherwell level squad. He modernised the club a fair bit, from the very outdated way we used to be.

He never got what Rangers is though.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Keeps performing to a high standard in the Championship and depressingly he will be outwith our reach as a PL team will probably look to take a punt.

Said at the time we appointed GVB that I would have rather taken Beale.

Heard he turned us down, didn't want us as his 1st job