Reality

J-Maestro

10 minutes ago, slimjim1690 said:

We seem to forget that this team finished 2nd in Belgium last season running Brugge close, so I think a lot of us underestimated them, weather that was arrogance  or not I'm not sure, I'm not saying they were great but they definitely were capable.

Tactics were all wrong last night as well but considering we were missing Bassey, Aribo, Kent, Morelos, Roofe, and then add in McGregor [in euro form] and a decent CH it's hardly surprising in retrospect that we were a shadow of last years europa form, Gio also has to figure out a way of releasing Lundstram from that defensive role he plays him in, it's a complete waste of our best midfield talent.

Honestly don't think they are great side after watching that them last night. ill be disappointed if we don't go thro even know were 2 down. 100 percent Gio will not play so cautious. he will take the handbrake off and let us play. i thought they where mediocre. we were abysmal and created our own problems starting with the manager. 

As is said before we won't see us play that bad again this season. 

3 minutes ago, sausagetrunks said:

Honestly don't think they are great side after watching that them last night. ill be disappointed if we don't go thro even know were 2 down. 100 percent Gio will not play so cautious. he will take the handbrake off and let us play. i thought they where mediocre. we were abysmal and created our own problems starting with the manager. 

As is said before we won't see us play that bad again this season. 

Thankfully they didn't have someone who could finish for them, but I was quite impressed with some of their quick movement on the wings that cut us open time after time, that will have to be sorted out for the return leg.

We have Malmo’ed the hell out of the CL match. Even down to hoping that Alfie will rescue us in the second leg.

Most of the signings of “possibly our best window since Advocaat” have been slated with only Tillman and the Turk looking halfway decent.

I have to say, this season isn’t looking promising at the moment. However we are where we are and have to hope that the signings (and results) will come good. If the filth develop any kind of early lead in the league there is going to be a huge shitstorm on here though.

Just now, BlueThunder said:

We have Malmo’ed the hell out of the CL match. Even down to hoping that Alfie will rescue us in the second leg.

Most of the signings of “possibly our best window since Advocaat” have been slated with only Tillman and the Turk looking halfway decent.

I have to say, this season isn’t looking promising at the moment. However we are where we are and have to hope that the signings (and results) will come good. However if the filth develop any kind of early lead in the league there is going to be a huge shitstorm on here.

It’s again the same as last season though, if the rest of the team is playing shite it’s very hard for a new player to slot in. 

We’ve already won at one of the three worst places to go in the league.

43 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

I have to say, this season isn’t looking promising at the moment. However we are where we are and have to hope that the signings (and results) will come good. If the filth develop any kind of early lead in the league there is going to be a huge shitstorm on here though.

What an overreaction to a bad result 

19 hours ago, slimjim1690 said:

We seem to forget that this team finished 2nd in Belgium last season running Brugge close, so I think a lot of us underestimated them, weather that was arrogance  or not I'm not sure, I'm not saying they were great but they definitely were capable.

Tactics were all wrong last night as well but considering we were missing Bassey, Aribo, Kent, Morelos, Roofe, and then add in McGregor [in euro form] and a decent CH it's hardly surprising in retrospect that we were a shadow of last years europa form, Gio also has to figure out a way of releasing Lundstram from that defensive role he plays him in, it's a complete waste of our best midfield talent.

I could understand Lunstram in defence against higher quality,  but that team were bang average imo. And Lunstram in midfield was the way to go. I.m a big fan of Kamara but he was very disappointing in a much more forward role. These were the main tactical mistakes made by Gio. and he should have changed things no later than half time. I dont like to criticise but these seemed glaringly obvious.  Still hopeful we can qualify if the chosen 11  and amy subs perform to a high level 

On 03/08/2022 at 07:06, J-Maestro said:

We were absolutely shite last night with the completely wrong system.

Are we completely out of the tie though? No, if we can get a first half goal it opens up a lot and I’d take us over most teams over 120 mins if went to Extra Time.

Absolutely agree - an early goal will really turn this tie on its head.

2 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

I think so, celtic park, Easter Road and Almondvale are the worst places for us to go. Mostly down to the abomination that the pitch is for anyone who wants to play football.

I’d put Tynecastle and Pittodrie over ER and Livi

5 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

I’d put Tynecastle and Pittodrie over ER and Livi

I mean it’s all opinions, I just think if we play right at both of those we turn them over. No matter how good we play at Livi the pitch is going to fuck our system up.

Never mind escaping without any injuries.

1 hour ago, BlueThunder said:

I mean how can you honestly say this with a straight face after two competitive games, one of which we won at arguably the hardest away ground outside celtic in the league, the other we lost against the runners up in Belgium with a poor tactical set up on the night.

Its just a ridiculous overreaction. 

1 hour ago, BlueThunder said:

That's so backwards. Youve managed to judge our signings and write them off after 2 competitive games but also judged "the Turk" as decent after about 6 touches.

Think some people forget we still won at Livi.

6 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

I mean how can you honestly say this with a straight face after two competitive games, one of which we won at arguably the hardest away ground outside celtic in the league, the other we lost against the runners up in Belgium with a poor tactical set up on the night.

Livi the second hardest away match? Behave!

37 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

Our record at Livi since losing to that Menga goal is excellent tbf.

Killie away always gives me the fear.

Killie might be easier now McInness is there, can see his team trying to play football a bit. To their detriment.

11 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Killie might be easier now McInness is there, can see his team trying to play football a bit. To their detriment.

I think the complete opposite, going to be a very tough place to go with him as manager I think.

10 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

I think the complete opposite, going to be a very tough place to go with him as manager I think.

I think they’ll be a much better side, dark horses for top 6. Just don’t think they’ll be the hammer throwers that were Clarkes side.

Parkhead is parkhead . You know what you have to do to come away with a decent result there 

the two Edinburgh venues and Pittodrie are the next toughest for me.

Only difference is that we more often Occasionally come away with a comfortable victory at Easter road or Tynecastle.

Pittodrie is always an absolute cunt of a game . I know we won 3-0 under Pedro with 3 last ten minute goals but the scoreline didn’t really reflect the game that day but I honestly can’t remember an easy or comfortable game up there in about the last twenty year no matter if they are challenging for Europe or lingering round the bottom half of the table.

Fir park is another one that we actually have a decent record but every game seems to be a proper hard fought win. 

31 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

I think they’ll be a much better side, dark horses for top 6. Just don’t think they’ll be the hammer throwers that were Clarkes side.

I fancy them for top 6. But I do expect them to be hammer throwers. Big time in fact 

23 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

I fancy them for top 6. But I do expect them to be hammer throwers. Big time in fact 

Outside of Alan Power and maybe Kerr McInroy I don’t see it.

Could argue Ash Taylor but wouldn’t even put him in top 25 of the hammer throwers of the league.

23 hours ago, Essandoh said:

22 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

That's so backwards. Youve managed to judge our signings and write them off after 2 competitive games but also judged "the Turk" as decent after about 6 touches.

Think some people forget we still won at Livi.

Possibly an overreaction, but regarding the points -

1 - if we overcome USG and don’t “Malmo” it I’ll come on and praise the players like they deserve to be praised but I really don’t think it will happen unless we get a fully firing Kent and Morelos and a good measure of luck.

2 - I think most of the signings will be decent enough for the league, I’m just not sure about them in Europe. “The Turk” looked promising and far more attack minded than Borna. However I do concede that my general comments were mainly borne from disappointment and frustration as I don’t think we will make it through to the next round, allowing the filth to grab more CL money based on our previous endeavours.

3 - I guess I had hoped we’d sign some players who immediately and obviously lifted the team a level. I don’t think we have done that, although I get the feeling Yildaz and Tillman will eventually. Others are entitled to disagree of course, and whilst it is ridiculously early to judge I was just giving a gut feeling. I obviously hope they all do well. I’m just not convinced we have done enough to make this season a slam dunk.