Reality

J-Maestro

4 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Again we were shite last night but see the pish people come out with I don’t know if they actually watch us.

Gio is usually very very quick to change the shape and personnel as has been witnessed in countless games over the past 4 months or so.

stick to come dine with me or some shite 

All about opinions , hopefully Saturday we kick on but we need to be far more forward thinking /mobile.

Two games in but it’s looking remarkably similar to last seasons start. Players need to get their act together pronto starting on Saturday 

All the pressure and gloom is already at our doorstep 180 minutes into the competitive season. 

We can’t fall back into this habit of going behind in every game again 

2 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

Two games in but it’s looking remarkably similar to last seasons start. Players need to get their act together pronto starting on Saturday 

All the pressure and gloom is already at our doorstep 180 minutes into the competitive season. 

We can’t fall back into this habit of going behind in every game again 

That's the biggest worry for me, if we had battered Livi then had last night's performance, you could make the arguement that it's too far a step up for this squad of players at the moment

If anything, we've played just as bad in both games so far, the difference was USG actually tried to attack and got their rewards, very lucky it was only 2 on the night

We get Europa League group stages either way but the knock on effect for the fans/players if we go out will be much worse & unlike Gerrard, Gio doesn't have the massive feel good of 55 just behind him. 

We're a yoyo team. No idea if we're going to be sensational, or if 11 starters will all underperform in sync. Have been for ages.

This season incl preseason we've looked sensational and abysmal. Sometimes in the same match.

Yes we can qualify from this tie. But we're as likely to turn up with the wrong attitude again, no tempo, no cutting edge or flair and get papped out. Team selection is playing a huge part in this, still to see us do well this season with Jack, Kamara and Lundstram all starting. 

We need to address this jekyll and hyde shite urgently before we're paying for it in league points and cup exits.

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

We're a yoyo team. No idea if we're going to be sensational, or if 11 starters will all underperform in sync. Have been for ages.

This season incl preseason we've looked sensational and abysmal. Sometimes in the same match.

Yes we can qualify from this tie. But we're as likely to turn up with the wrong attitude again, no tempo, no cutting edge or flair and get papped out. Team selection is playing a huge part in this, still to see us do well this season with Jack, Kamara and Lundstram all starting. 

We need to address this jekyll and hyde shite urgently before we're paying for it in league points and cup exits.

Only way all 3 can start is we are playing better teams than us and need to keep solid.

7 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Only way all 3 can start is we are playing better teams than us and need to keep solid.

Yep. Last night Lundstram made the defence a back 5 at times against 2 forwards. Jack and Kamara weren't overrun as such but they were doing the same job as each other (badly). We'd so little options ahead as 8 players were effectively defensive and no one linked the front 3.

Why it wasn't over hauled at half time is beyond me.

Reality is that allot of people may well be over reacting.

People have went from supremely confident that the league was in the bag, to thinking we are going to fail on all fronts this season within 4 days.

Euro qualifying is always tricky. We got knocked out of the CL qualifiers last year and then the same team went on to reach the Europa Final.

Last night we went into our first real competitive game of quality of the season with a whole new front line who had played about an average of 45 minutes of competitive game time with us. It will take a bit of time for them to gel.

Some very bad play and an even worse VAR call probably has made it unlikely we progress and we have to then turn our attention to the Europa. 

Losing out on the CL money while they get the benefit is going to make things incredibly difficult for us. This just makes the league our absolute priority this year.

We have to treat it as a war, because they are unlikely to drop many points, so neither can we.

Once the new players bed in, and our big players return from injury we will be far stronger. This game just came a little too soon and we had too many important players not available.

17 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

People have went from supremely confident that the league was in the bag, to thinking we are going to fail on all fronts this season within 4 days.

Euro qualifying is always tricky. We got knocked out of the CL qualifiers last year and then the same team went on to reach the Europa Final.

Last night we went into our first real competitive game of quality of the season with a whole new front line who had played about an average of 45 minutes of competitive game time with us. It will take a bit of time for them to gel.

Some very bad play and an even worse VAR call probably has made it unlikely we progress and we have to then turn our attention to the Europa. 

Losing out on the CL money while they get the benefit is going to make things incredibly difficult for us. This just makes the league our absolute priority this year.

We have to treat it as a war, because they are unlikely to drop many points, so neither can we.

Once the new players bed in, and our big players return from injury we will be far stronger. This game just came a little too soon and we had too many important players not available.

We could easily have dropped points at the weekend. We could now have fucked the big money pot of CL qualification going out to a lesser team. We weren't good throughout any 1 preseason friendly.  We're picking up more injuries than we're getting players back so its not guaranteed to improve.

It's not over reacting to say we could drop out of competitions and drop league points before we find our feet. And that's unacceptable.

We can't even get our match tempo sorted let alone go to war.

Early days but we're not near where we need to be competitively. Kilmarnock 3 points is fucking huge, at this moment we shouldn't even be looking at next Tuesday.

I do think on here it can be mental at times, but its hope more than evidence we should be positive about things changing before it actually costs us.

I mean, we might score 2 or 3 next week with the home support roaring the players on. It is possible.

But the real issue here is we won't keep a clean sheet with that defensive setup. Even without that dodgy penalty, they could still have easily scored 3 against us last night.

18 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

If anyone was supremely confident the league was in the bag then they were clueless, under Gio our league forms been bang average at best & I think they'll run away with it again. They attack teams and will have most games done and dusted before their defensive issues show & will drop less points than us against the shite.

Thought we would at least get to the playoffs of the qualifiers & then its a 50/50 game but what I didn't expect was the level of performance against Livi & again last night

That was on par if not worse than the game at their dump in February, embarrassed all over the park.

2 hours ago, sassaaaa said:

Love the hope but i dont see where 3 goals are coming from with that squad or with the way GVB has us playing. The endless back passing and square balls does my head in. We dont have an attacking midfielder who looks to open up teams. 

We do tho? One on the bench and 1 playing LW for some reason 

2 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

If anyone was supremely confident the league was in the bag then they were clueless, under Gio our league forms been bang average at best & I think they'll run away with it again. They attack teams and will have most games done and dusted before their defensive issues show & will drop less points than us against the shite.

Thought we would at least get to the playoffs of the qualifiers & then its a 50/50 game but what I didn't expect was the level of performance against Livi & again last night

That was on par if not worse than the game at their dump in February, embarrassed all over the park.

Just when I thought I can't feel any worse :ang:

5 minutes ago, Craiggybear said:

I mean, we might score 2 or 3 next week with the home support roaring the players on. It is possible.

But the real issue here is we won't keep a clean sheet with that defensive setup. Even without that dodgy penalty, they could still have easily scored 3 against us last night.

History definitely against us.

Would be one of our best results in Europe as we have never overturned a two goal deficit before.

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

We could easily have dropped points at the weekend. We could now have fucked the big money pot of CL qualification going out to a lesser team. We weren't good throughout any 1 preseason friendly.  We're picking up more injuries than we're getting players back so its not guaranteed to improve.

It's not over reacting to say we could drop out of competitions and drop league points before we find our feet. And that's unacceptable.

We can't even get our match tempo sorted let alone go to war.

Early days but we're not near where we need to be competitively. Kilmarnock 3 points is fucking huge, at this moment we shouldn't even be looking at next Tuesday.

We weren't good Vs West Ham???

We won 3 points at the weekend, it was ugly but we won it, like we do at times in all seasons when we win the league.

Yes, we got beat and played honking last night as we have done many many times under managers like Smith and Advocaat.

The season has just started and we have a load of new players who are settling in, we have lost £35m worth of players who have went into other clubs, and we had about £50m worth of first team players unavailable due to injury.

Yes last night was shit. But let's not pretend that Euro qualifiers are a doddle. They have always been difficult, even when we were considered a far stronger team on the world stage.

Last year they had a horrible start to the season as their new players bedded in, then went on a massive no-loss streak to win the league.

We should be looking to do the same. It's too fucking early for cunts to be writing off the players and doing the usual pish of demanding Ross Wilson be sacked.

They may well turn out to be underwhelming, but the absolute schizophrenia shown on this forum is fucking tedious. 3 days ago people had the league in the bag with absolutely no bother, and now it's a disaster and people are saying we are duds.

We have had one tough win on a chronic pitch that always causes teams problems and a shiter of a euro qualifier which is nothing new.

It's not time for the level of gloom shown here.

100% we can get through 

That was as shite as I've seen last night. Whole team was horrific.

Go back to our normal set-up, get Kent and Rabbi running at them, 50k rattling into those Belgium cunts.

Easy.

However they need to show up or its fucking Thursday nights for us once more.

Last nights team was a shell of last years. No Bassey, Aribo, Kent, Morelos or Roofe.

If we get Kent and Morelos back it’s half a shell. And we have a good chance. People always like to overrate new signings. At the moment the new bunch couldn’t lace their boots.

We really our missing Bassey and Aribo’s physicality. Thought we looked miles off the pace last night. Weak

Going forward it’s looking like we will have to make do with average quality on the right wing. Matondo reminded me of Diallo last night. Like a school boy. Probably a few years away from being at the level we need

The reality is without Aribo, Bassey, Kent and Morelos we are not as good a team, that's not a revelation or at least it shouldn't be, we can't do anything about Aribo and Bassey, that's the nature of the beast, we can't afford to replace like for like so you can only hope those we do sign in time get to that level, thankfully Kent should be fit for next week and that definitely makes a difference, win or lose next week we've got a big decision to make, we either get both Ryan and Alfie tied up or we sell them while they still have value, both will command 7 figure signing on fees so I wouldn't be too confident of them giving us their absolute all if they're in a position to sign a pre contract in January.

That's for another day though, 50k next week at Ibrox, as long as we get the first goal I'm confident we'll go through, there's enough personality left in that squad that makes me believe on another big European night they'll feed off the atmosphere.

1 minute ago, BlueKnight87 said:

You would like to think we can't play as badly again next week.  

We need to go after from the first whistle like we did against opposition last season in the europa. 

We score early and you never know.

I fancy us to get through, that team where average. Its down to Gio and how he sets up. we have the players to go through. This negative pish from Gio has got to go. 

it looked exactly the same when Gio first took over. slow, laboured, lethargic and struggled to break mediocre teams down. these players are under instructions to play this way.  it starts with Gio. its on him.