Tom Lawrence

2 minutes ago, The No.9 said:

I usually quite the stuff you say mate but it’s getting a bit harder now wtf lol I kinda get what you’re saying but Laudrup was still playing into the 00’s and was a 6ft2 atheltic player he was exactly carrying dead weight or had stamina issues 

I actually think I said that our 9iar team would struggle Vs today's Aberdeen team due to the progression of the game. Think the Laudrup daftness was just a spin off from that.

2 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I actually think I said that our 9iar team would struggle Vs today's Aberdeen team due to the progression of the game. Think the Laudrup daftness was just a spin off from that.

Mate please stop.

You're ruining my night here.

4 minutes ago, The No.9 said:

I usually quite the stuff you say mate but it’s getting a bit harder now wtf lol I kinda get what you’re saying but Laudrup was still playing into the 00’s and was a 6ft2 atheltic player he was exactly carrying dead weight or had stamina issues 

Actually looked ahead of his time fitness wise in his pomp in my mind.

Different game I agree from then to now, but as hard tackling is more and more outlawed, I’d think he’d have more freedom.

I suppose the understanding of systems and the players role in a system had dramatically changed from then till now.

id comfortably say he could adapt quite easily.

inthink the modern game would have benefitted him not hindered him imo.

4 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Fucking what??  Are you taking about football?  Or cards, monopoly, hopscotch? 

9 minutes ago, barrymorrison1 said:

Actually looked ahead of his time fitness wise in his pomp in my mind.

Different game I agree from then to now, but as hard tackling is more and more outlawed, I’d think he’d have more freedom.

I suppose the understanding of systems and the players role in a system had dramatically changed from then till now.

id comfortably say he could adapt quite easily.

inthink the modern game would have benefitted him not hindered him imo.

Absolutely mate the Laudrup brothers are imo players that are no brainers for any era lol you’d have to start talking about Pele or Maradona for the level of player above them.

It’s sheer lunacy to think they wouldn’t adapt to todays game.

7 minutes ago, The No.9 said:

Absolutely mate the Laudrup brothers are imo players that are no brainers for any era lol you’d have to start talking about Pele or Maradona for the level of player above them.

It’s sheer lunacy to think they wouldn’t adapt to todays game.

I didn't say they wouldn't adapt.

I specifically stated if they were lifted out of their time and placed into a modern match with their old training regimes and going to get leathered in the pub between matches like our team back then used to do, they would struggle today.

Same as if you stuck our modern team into Euro competitions from back in the day, our lads would run over the top of half the teams.

The level of fitness in today's game is levels above what it was in the past.

Just now, eskbankloyal said:

I’ll need to watch the game back without the pressure/nerves of being in the stadium but I thought Lawrence was quite poor tonight, outwith the second goal. I’m definitely in the minority so probably talking pish but what people see to be raving about him?

He will often give off that perception because (like tonight) he was one of the few players who collected the ball and was always trying to move forward and be positive and in some cases gives up possession as he did but if he plays passive like others then he is ineffective. His vision and execution in the pass for Colaks goal was brilliant. As usual, there is a grey area where some people are slightly over exaggerating how good he was.

1 minute ago, eskbankloyal said:

I’ll need to watch the game back without the pressure/nerves of being in the stadium but I thought Lawrence was quite poor tonight, outwith the second goal. I’m definitely in the minority so probably talking pish but what people see to be raving about him?

He's composed on the ball mate and direct when he has the ball. He found the spaces in the midfield that Arfield didn't. I thought he was excellent tonight.

1 minute ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I specifically stated if they were lifted out of their time and placed into a modern match with their old training regimes and going to get leathered in the pub between matches like our team back then used to do, they would struggle today.

Same as if you stuck our modern team into Euro competitions from back in the day, our lads would run over the top of half the teams.

I personally don’t think they would struggle that much both were fit as fuck players that skinned people and took leg breakers all game.

players like Tillman and Rogic blowing out there arse by half time I personally think the Laudrups would be fine like I said both played into the 2000s we’re not talking about players from the 50s here.

5 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Honestly thought that was just me, being in the stadium and watching it, I thought Tillman was the clear MOTM & Lawrence was very poor.

Reading what people think now I'm home, seems to be that Lawrence done well & Tillman was in and out the game..

Shows you the difference of watching it in the stadium :lol:

5 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Sorry tell a lie Michael retired in 98 and Brian 00 so I was a bit off