Hot Headed Morelos

Blue Viking

Just now, Bluekev said:

Not an ideal start for the game prep tomorrow but Alfie’s been here before and came back a better player. Let’s hope he can do it again. It’s make or break time for him.

It's pretty much broken now with a week left of the transfer window and new contract talks scrapped. Instead of keeping it on the low like Souttar and Davies we've just halved if not more of whatever was left of his transfer value.

Good going guys. Great management.

6 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Fs 🤣

Our biggest asset and record goal scorer being publicly shamed by the club who is out of contract next year.

If you don't see the warnings already you are blind.

Just now, esquire8 said:

It's pretty much broken now with a week left of the transfer window and new contract talks scrapped. Instead of keeping it on the low like Souttar and Davies we've just halved if not more of whatever was left of his transfer value.

Good going guys. Great management.

He could still come back from this. A few weeks intense training and contract talks can be reopened at any time. 

Makes absolutely no sense to go into tomorrow night weaker.

if colak gets hurt we have no one to bring on. He could still be let go by the club but we shouldn’t have removed focus from the game for this circus.

we’ve weakened ourselves for a 30million quid cup final. 

10 minutes ago, RockwellGers said:

But he absolutely doesn't look overweight. Feel free to post a recent image of him looking overweight, I couldn't find any. Pretty sure he's been heavier than this in the past

image.thumb.png.0a44b0f43f90d0267c42b62c3435009d.png

As for whats meant by fitness, I have no idea.

Attitude, there's clearly an issue

Don't particularly want to get into this kind a comparison, cause as I say, I like him, and pics can look flattering or the opposite depending on what you want to show, but...

Screenshot_2022-08-23-11-50-31-438_com_miui.gallery.thumb.jpg.6f3242922f1bdc19632c760172a3172d.jpg

I think it was pretty clear v Hibs and before that he's carrying weight. He looks far from his prime. 

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

Don't particularly want to get into this kind a comparison, cause as I say, I like him, and pics can look flattering or the opposite depending on what you want to show, but...

Screenshot_2022-08-23-11-50-31-438_com_miui.gallery.thumb.jpg.6f3242922f1bdc19632c760172a3172d.jpg

I think it was pretty clear v Hibs and before that he's carrying weight. He looks far from his prime. 

The fitness and weight of a few others in the squad are far more shocking.

3 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Our biggest asset and record goal scorer being publicly shamed by the club who is out of contract next year.

If you don't see the warnings already you are blind.

Is he our biggest asset?

Got 9 months to go on his contract, and miles off it so far this season. 

9 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

They’ve got a cheek going against Morelos considering he carried the team including them on his back for two seasons

This will be the problem for Gio. Even if Morelos has been letting himself and the team down this season, players like Tav and Goldson will remember all too well the amount of times he bailed them out.  

Need to hope he can get his head sorted and sign a new deal, cause this won't help his value. 

That said, anyone watching him at Easter Road is going to have reservations  about paying alot of cash in August for him anyway, so not sure it makes a huge difference.

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

I don't see it Inigo. I also thought he had some sharp little touches in his limited appearances this season, as well as some not so great ones which he has been known for in the past.

He looked moody and volatile at the weekend, which I would have put down to him not being back in the prime spot yet, he's the sort of player who hates to be down the pecking order. I was pissed off but not necessarily worried about it in the long term.

In light of these events today though, I have no idea what to think.

He's overweight for a professional player & is clearly unfit

He's not 20 stone sitting mauling a  kebab/pints every night

His attitude has clearly been going on for a few weeks before this, won't have just been a snap decision.

Everybody wanted Gio backed, right or wrong, can't change your mind now just because it's Morelos who people love