Ajax in turmoil

PromDeAnglais

3 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I actually fucked that!

Thought Jordi was actually his old man.

Given I'm pretty sure he actually died, I'm feeling extra stupid.

Tbh even if it was johan I wouldn't be surprised if he still said it, young lads nowadays have no care whatsoever for the older generation. They couldn't care less what someone achieved 50 odd year ago, times have changed. 

9 hours ago, PromDeAnglais said:

Summerising a few articles here.

3 Ajax first team members players have reportedly went on strike to force moves. Anthony has signed this morning for Manchester United. 

Edson Alverez and Mohammad Kumus have now refused to train to force moves to Chelsea and Everton.

This all comes after Lisandro Martinez reportedly told the Ajax director of football Jordi Cruyff that he was "a fucking nobody" during negotiations to force a move to Manchester United earlier in July. 

Any further moves away from Ajax today may spell costly to the club after the Dutch FA admitted an admin error had assumed the European transfer window was shutting last night (August 31st), when the vast majority of European FAs had agreed to extend the window, meaning Ajax are now powerless to replace any potential outgoing players. 

Ajax kick off their Champions League campaign at home to Rangers on Wednesday, September 7th. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.90min.com/posts/eredivisie-transfer-window-close-early-dutch-fa-error/amp

https://www.goodisonnews.com/2022/09/01/mohammed-kudus-pushing-ajax-to-accept-everton-offer/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-11168711/Chelsea-target-Edson-Alvarez-refuses-train-Ajax-Thursday.html

The amount of power players have these days is just crazy. A bit of a mess 1 week away from playing us. 

I listened to Simon Jordan talking this morning about the post that Fofano put out about Brenda at Leicester after his move to Chelsea and how he was saying that the tail is starting to wag the dog in Football. He's not wrong. All you have to do is look at the NBA over here and see that the Basketball players call all the shots in the game. From taking time off because they're "tired " to dictating who gets moved to what team by refusing to play if it doesn't happen.

I'd hate to think that the same scenario will happen in Football on a regular basis.

30 minutes ago, AdzKyle said:

He’s hardly a nobody just because he isn’t his dad. Players should respect every member is staff whether they have a big reputation or not. 

Not always, we could still be stuck with le guen :lol: