The other mob

MisterC

4 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Where you getting that from as I’m thinking 1.75 between them 

Website for the lawyers representing the victims. Granted, they list 1.75M per victim as the upper limit.

https://www.thompsons-scotland.co.uk/abuse-claims/abuse-claim-case-studies

9 minutes ago, Marco said:

Think the lawyers representing the victims are looking at £1.75M per victim. 28 victims so far

They will offer something a sizeable distance off that but possibly tempting enough for people to bite.

I’m very annoyed they have had the luxury of time to try and position themselves to deal with this (and still don’t admit guilt) whereas we were not afforded the same luxury.

4 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

For me I don’t think the 10,000 seats makes as big a difference in the time frame you are mentioning. It’s something I would like to see us do at some point but I don’t think it’s what has resulted in them landing titles and trebles etc .

Years of mismanagement and neglect from Murray which happened to align with them getting their house in order after spending most of the 90s as a basket case is the reason they have enjoyed consistent success since the turn of the millennium 

It may not be the whole difference but it does give them a head start every year, if everything else was equal.

1 minute ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

There’s several precedents running into millions per victim I believe 

Maybe so but they’ll pay out around 2 - 5 which will have no material affect on their finances. I’d love to see proper justice like 20 - 30 but that’s just hopefull thinking.

The victims will be no doubt left to think about this and will have to come to an agreement amongst themselves. I hope they all have some pact where if when one refuses, it means they all refuse.

I hope the victims take them to the courts and get the sordid deeds and subsequent cover ups all down in court records. This may also increase the compensation for all involved. 

8 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

It may not be the whole difference but it does give them a head start every year, if everything else was equal.

Reality is though not everything else has really been equal with us for possibly 30 years or more now . The 90s we were at strength while they were in meltdown , the 00’s things appeared more even but in reality Murray’s bullshit was coming home to roost and really starting to hinder us as a club  and the 2010’s need no explanation for leading us to where we are right now 

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

The ball is with the survivors here they got this far now what are they looking for. Acknowledgement of the abuse they where put through and accepting liability then we will be going to court. Or life changing money that can see them live a happy comfortable live from now onwards. 

Whatever the choice they should not be judged as they are the victims in these disgusting crimes. 

the money might not matter as their life’s were changed with this horror story 

9 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

They will offer something a sizeable distance off that but possibly tempting enough for people to bite.

I’m very annoyed they have had the luxury of time to try and position themselves to deal with this (and still don’t admit guilt) whereas we were not afforded the same luxury.

They tried to kill us for exploiting a tax loophole obviously in Scotland that matters more the abusing wains. 

This is them now attempting to cover up the cover up. 

Settle out of court but with strict NDAs etc that stop any more discussions or ramifications. 

It appears they now know they're about to get their arses handed to them and need to stop before it becomes a financial and reputational disaster for them. It's the Prince Andrew approach of paying the victims off now before it becomes a media circus. It's shite but at least the victims will receive some justice - but not enough justice will be thrown at the paedophile ring of a club.

3 minutes ago, PromDeAnglais said:

This is them now attempting to cover up the cover up. 

Settle out of court but with strict NDAs etc that stop any more discussions or ramifications. 

It appears they now know they're about to get their arses handed to them and need to stop before it becomes a financial and reputational disaster for them. It's the Prince Andrew approach of paying the victims off now before it becomes a media circus. It's shite but at least the victims will receive some justice - but not enough justice will be thrown at the paedophile ring of a club.

If they accept…

7 minutes ago, MillerTimeDavie said:

Terrible how Billy McNeil, Lou Macari etc were not held to account for knowing and doing nothing, think a cover up in this industrial scale could only happen in Sotland to protect  the 'club for all'.

At least six managers - Stein, McNeill, Hay, Macari, Brady, Burns - knew and said fuck all.

At half a million each (surely to Christ a destroyed childhood is worth that?) and around 200 victims, that’s potentially £100m.

It will also be interesting to see if they are demonised and ostracised as Prince Andrew was because the scale of their crimes makes Andrew look like Atticus Finch.

Just now, Colin Traive said:

At least six managers - Stein, McNeill, Hay, Macari, Brady, Burns - knew and said fuck all.

At half a million each (surely to Christ a destroyed childhood is worth that?) and around 200 victims, that’s potentially £100m.

It will also be interesting to see if they are demonised and ostracised as Prince Andrew was because the scale of their crimes makes Andrew look like Atticus Finch.

We also have the current Russel Brand media storm where this will be in and out the coverage and missed by many outwith Glasgow 

1 minute ago, Bad Robot said:

Do you honestly think any settlement will come even close to that ?

Nah, no chance. Saw the £1.75M figure from others, but having checked their website and seeing figures as low as £40k. Saw someone else saying Man City paid £100k maximum per victim.

11 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

the money might not matter as their life’s were changed with this horror story 

The victims always claimed it wasnt about the money, so a money offer with no admission of guilt should see them told to get to fuck surely