The other mob

MisterC

10 minutes ago, Davy Vandenbroucke said:

Crazy amount to spend on him tbh.

While he undoubtedly does a job in this league, for us or them to spend that kind of money you’d be wanting a player who can win you games and show up consistently in the CL.

I’m extremely sceptical that a guy who was struggling to get a game for a Championship side last season fits that bill.

not really, all they need to do is win the league every season and qualify for the champions league and that's it, everything else is an optional extra for them, they are making money and being able to buy players while we're struggling off and on the park because the cunts in our boardroom constantly making fuck up after fuck up after fuck up, we've made it so easy for those bastards because the cunts running our club don't have a fucking clue.

from making an arse of kit deals and going to court every 7 or so months (feels like it) managers getting paid off, losing players for nowt and to top it off making an arse of the ibrox construction shit which again pretty much eats into clements transfer budget.

6 minutes ago, Kents_Hook said:

not really, all they need to do is win the league every season and qualify for the champions league and that's it, everything else is an optional extra for them, they are making money and being able to buy players while we're struggling off and on the park because the cunts in our boardroom constantly making fuck up after fuck up after fuck up, we've made it so easy for those bastards because the cunts running our club don't have a fucking clue.

from making an arse of kit deals and going to court every 7 or so months (feels like it) managers getting paid off, losing players for nowt and to top it off making an arse of the ibrox construction shit which again pretty much eats into clements transfer budget.

Doesn't really matter how much they spent on Idah, the fee does look big but the only thing that concerns me is does he improve them, and he does, they wouldn't have won the league without him last season in my opinion.

In fact them signing him in January was probably the difference between us winning a treble and them winning a double.

O'Riley won't be replaced though, not in terms of talent anyway, so that's a good thing.

28 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

Doesn't really matter how much they spent on Idah, the fee does look big but the only thing that concerns me is does he improve them, and he does, they wouldn't have won the league without him last season in my opinion.

In fact them signing him in January was probably the difference between us winning a treble and them winning a double.

O'Riley won't be replaced though, not in terms of talent anyway, so that's a good thing.

Unless they find the next O'Riley. 

Main thing for me is that they've basically spent alot money to stand still. 

There's no difference between them last season and this season. Last season we ran them close with Clement dragging a really shit squad kicking and screaming until they gave up. 

If O'Riley goes and they don't replace him adequately this could be a very good opportunity.

45 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Unless they find the next O'Riley. 

They might find a player who in 18 months to 2 years turns into the next O'Riley but they're not signing anyone who'll come in and have as much as an impact straight off the bat, that's why it doesn't really faze me when they get big offers for players like him, Jota/Tierney/Dembele etc... the players that leave will seldom ever be replaced with someone of similar ability.

12 minutes ago, NixonRFC said:

They might find a player who in 18 months to 2 years turns into the next O'Riley but they're not signing anyone who'll come in and have as much as an impact straight off the bat, that's why it doesn't really faze me when they get big offers for players like him, Jota/Tierney/Dembele etc... the players that leave will seldom ever be replaced with someone of similar ability.

Maybe, but there is absolutely no way of knowing that.

19 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Maybe, but there is absolutely no way of knowing that.

They ain't getting anyone who does 15+ each goals and assists without spending ridiculous money this year.

7 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Up to £9.5m for Idah is wild. 

Aye think they've panicked once Furuhashi got injured again. Doubt they make that back.

11 hours ago, NixonRFC said:

If you’re correct, then there’s not really that much between  us and they’re possibly about to lose their best player.

4 minutes ago, left winger said:

If you’re correct, then there’s not really that much between  us and they’re possibly about to lose their best player.

And we have sold/lost a big chunk of the players who ran them close....

18 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

And we have sold/lost a big chunk of the players who ran them close....

Well, a quick look at our cup final team - we’ve lost Silva and Cantwell will probs leave.

Last league game v them - we’ve lost Barisic, Lundstram and Silva.

April game at Ibrox - we’ve lost Goldson, Lundstram and Silva.

And there was five minutes from Roofe as a sub.

Which one of them do you think will negatively affect our results this season? 

Would obviously like Sima back.

22 minutes ago, left winger said:

Well, a quick look at our cup final team - we’ve lost Silva and Cantwell will probs leave.

Last league game v them - we’ve lost Barisic, Lundstram and Silva.

April game at Ibrox - we’ve lost Goldson, Lundstram and Silva.

And there was five minutes from Roofe as a sub.

Which one of them do you think will negatively affect our results this season? 

Would obviously like Sima back.

Theres a bit gaping hole in CM without Lundstram, our 10 can barley run, and Goldson is better than all of our CBs IMO.

Not going to argue for keeping Silva, but we are starting Scott Wright most weeks.

Every player you’ve listed above (while it was time to move on) starts most weeks with the current squad. 

12 hours ago, Davy Vandenbroucke said:

Crazy amount to spend on him tbh.

While he undoubtedly does a job in this league, for us or them to spend that kind of money you’d be wanting a player who can win you games on his own and show up consistently in the CL.

I’m extremely sceptical that a guy who was struggling to get regular game time for an average Championship side last season fits that bill.

Yeh. He chipped in with some massive late goals which is why he’s left a positive impression. But that can easily just be a bit of luck. They weren’t that fussed with him the rest of his time there.

Don’t think his general play is that great tbh at that price

He won them the league (Us, Hibs and Motherwell away) and cup last year, saying he doesn’t improve them is mental talk. 

We won’t lay a glove on them this season. Importance of pre-season has been laid bare in both our starts for all the “it doesn’t matter” talk. They’ve come out flying and we’re stuttering along as usual. 

As we seen last season, confidence can do wonders for a team that is average. It’s just they have the mentally strong players to allow themselves not to let poor results define their seasons, unlike us where you feel that 1-2 results that don’t go our way and the wheels come off

Very frustrating. It’s difficult to see them spent nearly £10M on one player while we start the season with Lawrence and Wright.

We can call the fee excessive and suggest that converting a loan deal to a permanent one doesn’t represent improvement, but that’s just blind hope.

As if they weren’t already on the front foot, his return is another boost. Imagine we had just won the double and the young loanee who had arguably won us the league and definitely won us the Scottish Cup was returning.

Like I said, very frustrating, especially given he’s a proven entity.

He is a completely different option for them and high fee or not, he scored goals. He is a different striker to Kyogo, much stronger, runs the channels, holds ball up and does get into goalscoring positions. He improves them. They are one centre half away (and an o'riley replacement) from putting us to sleep. FWIW I don't think their fullbacks are world beaters but more than competent at this level.