Next Manager Discussion Thread

superallysbears

My issue with Dyche is he has previous with Wilson. Bringing in Dyche means almost certainly Wilson gets another crack at it which he doesn’t deserve. But then again that’ll be the first manager who actually knows how to work with him.

A real catch 22 situation that one. We simply can’t go down the flavour of the month “coach” route like Knutsen anymore. We need a leader

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Possibly unfair on him but Muscat just screams copying them.

I’m sure he was linked when gerrard left, but obviously that fat dick was already at the tarriers at that point, only reason I vaguely remember was people where going mad at him being linked with the job 

16 minutes ago, Johnnyem said:

45M? Who are you kidding. would you mind breaking that down for it is not even close?

From last summer to this summer they have spent £49 million on players.

£26 million last summer and £23 million this summer, the stats are on transfermarket if you don't believe me.

3 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

My issue with Dyche is he has previous with Wilson. Bringing in Dyche means almost certainly Wilson gets another crack at it which he doesn’t deserve. But then again that’ll be the first manager who actually knows how to work with him.

A real catch 22 situation that one. We simply can’t go down the flavour of the month “coach” route like Knutsen anymore. We need a leader

Unfortunately mate I feel like regardless of who the next manager is Wilson will still be here.

His record should get him sacked but when you've got Park praising his work in the accounts statement this week, looks like he's going nowhere. 

3 minutes ago, rangersross said:

It’s probably a bit petty but I’d have a problem appointing a guy who was assistant to their current manager. I know Arteta’s giving Pep a run for his money (now) but the dynamic between clubs here is clearly totally different. 

He will know postecoglu inside out and that would be an advantage to us imo. 

6 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

I’m sure he was linked when gerrard left, but obviously that fat dick was already at the tarriers at that point, only reason I vaguely remember was people where going mad at him being linked with the job 

His record is fairly interesting I suppose but as has been pointed out we can't be having their manager's former assistant as ours.

I don't really like the idea of us going down the route of copying them and recruiting from Japan either if that became a plan.

2 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

He will know postecoglu inside out and that would be an advantage to us imo. 

I don’t like the idea of appointing a manager just to undo Postecoglou’s tactics as if he’s some kind of mastermind. From my (limited) knowledge, his system is pretty transparent and one-dimensional. We don’t need a ‘Postecoglou whisperer’. He’s not that good. We just need someone who can implement a distinct style on this team that will work well against them and a coaching staff that can get the players ready and fit enough to execute it. I’m not saying Knutsen but, for example, he had Postecoglou’s number without breaking a sweat. 

4 minutes ago, rangersross said:

We just need someone who can implement a distinct style on this team that will work well against them and a coaching staff that can get the players ready and fit enough to execute it.

This is why I mentioned Muscat. Like I said I really don’t care who it is as long as he does the job.

24 minutes ago, Mor3los_1 said:

From last summer to this summer they have spent £49 million on players.

£26 million last summer and £23 million this summer, the stats are on transfermarket if you don't believe me.

And how much did they take in in player sales? Or does that not count?

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

At the moment the Club are in talks with Ryan Jack about a new deal. The issue with the DOF remaining is that this will probably remain when he picks our new coach.

Any new manager should be getting carte blanche to absolutely empty the place not still have Wilson giving input regarding players he likes or deems good around changing room.

It seems that the board think that Wilson is doing a great job, and that really worries me about the future of our Club. :sad:

11 minutes ago, Johnnyem said:

And how much did they take in in player sales? Or does that not count?

All i'm saying is if we go with a project manager it'll cost us money for the right type of players which i'm not sure we have so we are in a shit position. Celtic have done that with Fattycoglu by player sales and CL money, in 3 windows he's spent nearly £50 million and they are planning on spending more in January. 

In comparison we've spent around £70 million in the last 11 years.

4 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

I’d be gutted if it was Beale

I’d consider just patching it, absolutely grim.

1 hour ago, RFC55 said:

Aye? Who do the support want that’s got their side almost 20 points behind in a backwater league, lost games to linfield, Ki from the Faroes and been blootered by Zagreb?

aye but he done summit last year 

Pumped 4-1 at home to Molde too.

1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

At the moment the Club are in talks with Ryan Jack about a new deal. The issue with the DOF remaining is that this will probably remain when he picks our new coach.

Any new manager should be getting carte blanche to absolutely empty the place not still have Wilson giving input regarding players he likes or deems good around changing room.

Faster he’s on COD full time playing with the dweebs of our support the better