Next Manager Discussion Thread

superallysbears

50 minutes ago, Kylegib said:

Who will make the final decision on who to appoint to replace Gio as hopefully it's not the guy that appointed Pedro. 

Think Pedro was appointed through Graeme Park's connection to Pedro Mendes !

I reckon Bakhar is one of the managers @eskbankloyal has said we’ve made contact with btw, seems to be the only one so far that’s actually been reported as being approached by us (by a decent source as well, a major Israeli sports channel).

https://sport5.co.il/articles.aspx?FolderID=64&docID=418728

1 minute ago, The FF Snitch said:

I reckon Bakhar is one of the managers @eskbankloyal has said we’ve made contact with btw, seems to be the only one so far that’s actually been reported as being approached by us (by a decent source as well, a major Israeli sports channel).

Nope

The more I read about Knutsen the more I'm impressed with him and is everything we need as a modern club. Something we seem to have ditched in the last 6 months.

We can point to this bad result or that bad result but the guy has done remarkable things on an absolute shoe string and pretty consistently over the last 4/5 years.

Look across the city and we all said their manager's record wasn't spectacular but he never had one of the two biggest budgets anywhere he'd ever been. I reckon Knutsen could be similar.

A manager who plays a high pressing energetic game with young players who he can improve with a history of winning on an absolute shoe string at home and abroad.

The only issue I have is that Bodo/Glimt aren't Rangers.

2 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

The more I read about Knutsen the more I'm impressed with him and is everything we need as a modern club. Something we seem to have ditched in the last 6 months.

We can point to this bad result or that bad result but the guy has done remarkable things on an absolute shoe string and pretty consistently over the last 4/5 years.

Look across the city and we all said their manager's record wasn't spectacular but he never had one of the two biggest budgets anywhere he'd ever been. I reckon Knutsen could be similar.

A manager who plays a high pressing energetic game with young players who he can improve with a history of winning on an absolute shoe string at home and abroad.

It blows my mind there's people who are so against him but would be happy with someone like Dyche. I'd love him, I'm just not sure we'd be able to get him.

I have nothing against Dyche in principle, the only two things that would worry me is that the market he knows best and has worked in for years is very overpriced (in terms of transfer fees and wages), as well as the fact that while he has done well in the Championship, it’s a much more open league compared to ours and I doubt he was playing against packed defences nine times out of ten like he would be here.

45 minutes ago, The FF Snitch said:

I reckon Bakhar is one of the managers @eskbankloyal has said we’ve made contact with btw, seems to be the only one so far that’s actually  been reported as being approached by us (by a decent source, a major Israeli sports channel).

"Scottish Luxury Club" :lol:

2 hours ago, The FF Snitch said:

Just searched Bakhar on google and came up with a Ukranian girl, known as 'Miss Iron Bum'

Still a better option than Gio at this point - if nothing would get the players' attention :mutley:

9 hours ago, SIRB_72 said:

He has two years left on his contract , theres no chance we are paying a manager off then paying for another manager to come in. Our next manager will be unemployed.

9 hours ago, Somemightsay7 said:

It blows my mind there's people who are so against him but would be happy with someone like Dyche. I'd love him, I'm just not sure we'd be able to get him.

The guys a shite bag and has said he is 100% staying with glimt and going nowhere, thank fuck anyway means I don’t need to keep reading cunts going on about pingus uncle 

16 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

The boy fae haifa is a very interesting candidate btw, he’s basically dominated Israeli football with 2 teams and done well in a group with psg, juve and benfica. The last day scudding by benfica the only real downside.

he’s won 10 honours and been successful for a more prolonged period than the polar bear chugger at bodo that everyone has a hardon for.

I think there’s already been tentative contact made with him or through his reps at least.

his teams play attacking stuff as well, but tbh I’m more impressed by his record than how the team plays but if it’s winning but good football then it’s a bonus 

Had a look at what Maccabi fans think of him, they all love him to bits, one even said he’s the greatest Israeli manager ever by far.

Certainly seem a lot more positive about him than Feyenoord fans were about Gio.

9 hours ago, Somemightsay7 said:

They were 18 points behind in the league, play in a tiny stadium on a plastic pitch in a league rated lower than ours.  He doesn't seem to have any interest coming either. Coming to Rangers with the pressure and expectation to deliver is a different level than he's used to.