Next Manager Discussion Thread

superallysbears

Just now, The Dude said:

Beale was effectively Gerrard's number two on the training ground and on matchdays. It was a weird dynamic with them and Gary Mac and wasn't a surprise to see both named as assistants when they joined Villa.

That’s fair, it’s still nothing compared to Smith’s time before manager though.

Just now, J-Maestro said:

Guy will have moved club 3 times in 14 months if he comes here.

I honestly don't care. 

I don't think it's the best appointment we could get, but I don't care about all that stuff.

6 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I get that cunts want Beale to prove himself first with rip-roaring success in the championship.

What they fail to realise is that if he does indeed go and do that, then he will be well and truly out of our reach.

People are showing an absolutely irrational hatred for Beale that I just don't get.

Even last year when GVB was appointed, cunts were excited because he was the 'obvious choice' given tactically he would work with the 4-3-3 formation etc. Then they were raging when it turns out it was a massively negative version of what we had before. They were happy with the style of play when Beale left, yet they don't want him back as they think it's the same as what Gio had us doing.

One of the main criticisms of Gio was the lack of fitness and pressing. Yet people are claiming to see absolutely no positives in The reappointment of Beale who had the team incredibly fit with pressing being an integral part of the tactics. It really is just toys out the pram stuff.

The Gerrard/Beale style was going stale when they left.  Teams were working it out and we were dropping stupid points and with the squad still similar I don't know what fresh ideas he'd be bringing to the club.

Managers with more experience can still get a team fit and get us pressing too.  Beale might turn out to be a good manager but I don't want Rangers as the guinea pig for the experiment.  

9 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I’ve loved him as a player for us, but Morelos has brunt his bridges here now. Even if he plays well and gets a new deal it’s always going to be a matter of when not if he takes the huff, starts half arsing it or just outright let’s us down again. 

You're probably right but Morelos back to his best would be a great asset for us.

11 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

It’s mental how people now act like Beale was effectively the manager the last time around. His role and what he did seems to be growing and growing with every passing day.

Was he a good tactical mind, absolutely, but is he the same man with the same influence when he’s not got the personality and presence of a Gerrard next to him? 

That’s what the unknown is and 20 games as the manager of QPR isn’t anywhere near a big enough sample size to make the judgement either way.

If this was anybody else other than Beale everybody to a man would be saying it’s a risk, but for some reason he’s getting leeway from a lot of people because he was a successful assistant here in the past.

And before any smart arse comes out with it, I know Walter Smith was too, but so was Ally McCoist and we all know how that turned out.

He's got less managerial experience than Gary O'Neill and I can guarantee if his name was mentioned people would be losing their shit.

4 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Our next manager has to have balls and sell Morelos. 

His contract is up in the summer (so 5 months basically) - we are getting £1 million tops if sell him with the form he's in and position we are in re the league and out of Europe.  Oh, and I'd take it

4 minutes ago, AGM_72 said:

This appointment screams comfort zone to me. Comfort zone for the squad, for the board and for the manager as well. Not that we should have been going for something out of left field but this is the exact opposite of what we should have been aiming for. 

I think you're right however if it doesn't go well I'm not sure any of them will be comfortable when the fans make their feelings known. 

3 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Sell him for pennies or get him back to what we know he can do?

I know what I’d want 

He’s had at least 4 chances at redemption at this club. He’s taken one. He’s done here and should be shown the door at the earliest opportunity.