Rangers in Euro Super League (Staying in Scotland - Leaving Uefa Comps)

Join Euro League?  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Should we join if offered?

2 minutes ago, Blue Viking said:

Why the fuck do they want us ?

We are fucking shite - and we are in a real mess right now.

Its better to sort out our problems first before we ever swim with the big fishes again !!!

Cannon Fodder

What would our prospects be if we declined to join if offered? we'd fall further behind than we are doing at present, no investment, playing for scraps, I hate what money has done to football but I suppose it's called progress and if we don't do something and get left further behind then I fear for the future unless we are happy enough just playing in the SPFL.

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

Aye, and the club would obviously cash in on the fact they would now be offering a ST against the biggest sides in football. 

ST’s would cost a fortune 

Unless I’m making an arse of it, it’s like a CL alternative. You still have your domestic league and cups? 

Just now, graeme_4 said:

Unless I’m making an arse of it, it’s like a CL alternative. You still have your domestic league and cups? 

I thought domestic football was gone and this was the new thing? Was that not why the EPL were so against their big clubs leaving for a super league previously?

13 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

So this thread isn’t about an actual super league and is just about some daft European competition not run by UEFA?

Wtf is the point in this? The whole question of the thread changed 3 hours into it 

Aye pretty much. Still in the backwater of the SPFL and another competition for us to get fleeced for and scudded in 

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

So this thread isn’t about an actual super league and is just about some daft European competition not run by UEFA?

Wtf is the point in this? The whole question of the thread changed 3 hours into it 

I was sure that the talk last year was of clubs leaving their domestic leagues etc.

Apparently not though, it's just an alternative thing to the CL.

Apparently the plan is still that you get £300m per club for just joining it though.

Kinda swings it back to a 'yes' for me.

2 hours ago, Blue Viking said:

Why the fuck do they want us ?

We are fucking shite - and we are in a real mess right now.

Its better to sort out our problems first before we ever swim with the big fishes again !!!

They'll use any big fanbase to prevent backlash.

I would need a lot more information before voting on this.

We need to see where the court case goes first, which I never knew before reading that article was happening. That could put an end to it or put it back on the table again.

UEFA are a bunch of pricks IMO but the people who would want to run this new league could be pricks as well, so best to wait a bit before giving it much thought I think.

1 hour ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I was sure that the talk last year was of clubs leaving their domestic leagues etc.

Apparently not though, it's just an alternative thing to the CL.

Apparently the plan is still that you get £300m per club for just joining it though.

Kinda swings it back to a 'yes' for me.

LIV golf ring a bell?