Giovanni van Bronckhorst - Sacked.

The Dude

9 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Everyone in the entire footballing world would have sold Bassey for what we got for him. Brilliant business. 

A manager selling his best defender is NEVER a good bit of football business

That’s my point. Great bit of business, shite football decision. 
ifs buts and maybees but if he stayed perhaps we would be in a better position regarding the CL and 9 points adrift. 

ifs buts maybees

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Helicopter sunday season we scored 106 goals in 51 games in all comps, thats pretty decent for a manager told to essentially use bosman buys unless he generated his own transfer money

He brought 5 captains in one summer.

Name them :pipe: 

2 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

A manager selling his best defender is NEVER a good bit of football business

That’s my point. Great bit of business, shite football decision. 
ifs buts and maybees but if he stayed perhaps we would be in a better position regarding the CL and 9 points adrift. 

ifs buts maybees

Just as well we kept Goldson then init

6 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Made a good fight for play offs twice with a team that was regularly finishing closer to relegation than play offs

Alright then, I'll amend it to: he failed at Nottingham Forest and did okay at QPR but ultimately lost the club's backing and his job. I still think that indicates the pressure of managing a club like ours wasn't the primary reason why he was unsuccessful here. 

9 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

That's not how football works regardless if there's a director of football or not, Bassey and Aribo were sold because it made sense for the club and no manager was stopping that from happening. 

It made perfect sense from a footballing sense as well.

Why is selling your best players a “perfect football ing sense”?

Business yes. But football?

He had to go its that simple, Europa run aside his management of the team simply not good enough pretty much from the get go.

Next man in will be interesting and I believe whoever it is already knows they have the job.....can't see the board getting rid of him unless they had someone ear marked.

5 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

If I was a candidate, the first question I ask is how much money and say do I have for January transfers?

It's great that Gio is gone, but this team needs a major overhaul or at least a change in direction with many players.

That'd be your first question? Not actually who has control over signings and why you need to work with Ross Wilson?

2 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Why is selling your best players a “perfect football ing sense”?

Business yes. But football?

Because with the money we brought in we should have been able to improve the overall quality of the squad.

3 minutes ago, Camshy said:

He had to go its that simple, Europa run aside his management of the team simply not good enough pretty much from the get go.

Next man in will be interesting and I believe whoever it is already knows they have the job.....can't see the board getting rid of him unless they had someone ear marked.

Exactly what I was thinking, the next one will be announced soon, to be in place when the players return. 

14 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Warburton gets a bad rap for the way he left, which I still don't fully understand to be honest.

With a proper budget, I actually think he could have done well.

He had an admirable football philosophy, but was far too one-dimensional and was found out eventually. 

We did play some cracking football at times under him, particularly in the championship and he did unearth a few gems. 

Even with a better budget, that wouldnt have covered up his failings tactically. 

20 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Probably a bit controversial, but Walter should have had us playing better and achieving more with the resources he had. 

Achieve more in what way ? Surely that can only apply to Europe. 

domestically he lost two titles out of 12 that was available to him during his times managing us 

3 minutes ago, Negri's lovechild said:

He had an admirable football philosophy, but was far too one-dimensional and was found out eventually. 

We did play some cracking football at times under him, particularly in the championship and he did unearth a few gems. 

Even with a better budget, that wouldnt have covered up his failings tactically. 

With a tactically adept manager at the helm, I think we can make Postecoglou's setup look like Warburton's - i.e., occasionally very pleasing on the eye but vulnerable to pressure and too rigid to adapt once it's been unlocked. 

9 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

one of their biggest roles is around making business decisions on selling and buying - no manager would allow Bassey or Aribo to leave the way they did because it didn’t make football sense

Managers haven’t had that power for a long time… regardless of a DoF being employed.