Transfers, rumours, wants etc

RoboBearToo

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I've never got the hype with Porteous. Seen a fair bit of Hibs over the last few seasons and honestly can't think of many - if any - games where I've come away having been impressed by him.

I personally think he is a very good player but it's the baggage that comes with him that puts me off. 

1 minute ago, Johnnyem said:

I personally think he is a very good player but it's the baggage that comes with him that puts me off. 

I just don't see it with him. There's been no real progression over the last couple of years and he's never really kicked on since first coming into the Hibs side. He's a decent enough Scottish Premiership defender but I don't think he's any better than various others who come with far less baggage.

3 hours ago, SPWF said:

He’s dog shit. Alarm bells should be ringing if that’s the level of player we’re going for. 

He's not completely dog shit but it just screams another lazy signing and bit of a Kyle Lafferty type (if anything he might be even lazier). It's also another striker we need to create for. Just for once I'd like us to go and get a striker capable of carrying the ball. If we were going to go for a strong big striker I would have loved it to be Yaremchuk a few years ago but that boat passed.

Having a gander at out of contract players and a few sticking out. Josip Brekalo, Croatian winger currently at Wolfsburg, on loan at Torino last year, probably the least obtainable (not including completely out of sight targets). Chris Willock of QPR, highly rated, I wonder if Beale might look at bringing him up? Only other obtainable name that stood out was Olayinka at Slavia Prague, whilst I thought we handled him pretty well, hes another big unit of a type of player that can play across the front 3 and would probably suit our style. Apparently Josh Maja, a former target, is also out of contract. Will be intersting if we look to go for him. He has never really kicked on and I didn't think all that much of him when I saw him playing for Fulham. He does have 7 goals in 15 games in Ligue 2 this year though.

I see it's a bit of mixed opinions on porteus. I'm assuming he would go towards the home grown numbers so who else in that category should we be looking at getting. Not really sure on what's out there in Scotland but can't think of anyone that immediately jumps out at me. 

2 hours ago, MurrayWilson said:

Dont get it myself either. One of the great mysteries of scottish football that he is so highly rated by so called experts. He is actually a liability to his own team a lot of the time. Not a particularly good defender who makes rash tackles and spends his time trying to wind people up. 

You just know that all the rash tackles he’s got away with with them he’ll immediately be sent off for the moment he wears a blue shirt. I don’t think he’s the worst defender in the league but the pressure of playing for us is a whole different ball game. 

46 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Porteous is an alright player. Nothing spectacular, but would be in ahead of King certainly and helps us meet the Scottish quota.

Certainly a squad better option than Souttar and Helander who’ll simply never be fit consistently. 

Depending on who is here next season, the domestic trained players aren't particularly the problem but the club-trained ones. Expect we'll have Jack, Souttar Wright and (maybe) Arfield taking  the 4 domestic spaces but are likely to only have Robby McCrorie as club-trained.

11 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Depending on who is here next season, the domestic trained players aren't particularly the problem but the club-trained ones. Expect we'll have Jack, Souttar Wright and (maybe) Arfield taking  the 4 domestic spaces but are likely to only have Robby McCrorie as club-trained.

Really shouldn’t to be honest. And even Souttar is a stretch. 

21 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Bring back Ross.....:pipe:

3 hours ago, The Dude said:

I've never got the hype with Porteous. Seen a fair bit of Hibs over the last few seasons and honestly can't think of many - if any - games where I've come away having been impressed by him.

I always got the impression that he was more concerned of getting  himself a reputation as a hardman than being a CH . 

Either that or he's thick as shite :lol: 

With a squad of 33 I really cba seeing another “squad filler” added to the amount of pish we already have that doesn’t improve the first XI. We need a starting GK, CM and RW absolute minimum in January. 

Over the next 2 windows Beale simply has to get rid of 7+ players such as Helander, McGregor, Davis, Arfield, Jack and at least get something for the likes of Kent and Morelos. 

If most of those players are still here in the summer we will be in trouble. I just hope Beale has the balls and the backing to clear out.