Transfers, rumours, wants etc

RoboBearToo

3 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

True but I still think he will be a Rangers player by the end of January or the 1st of July.

So there isn’t a contract agreed then and there’s absolutely nothing in place which means that, one way or another, he WILL 100% be a Rangers player. 

3 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Wonder if we’ll go for Jake Cooper from Millwall.

Out of Contract, left sided, massive and i’m sure we were linked to him under Gerrard.

Yeah remember being linked with him under gerrard before

Big powerful CB be ideal in our league on a free. 

33 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Contract already agreed. Either will be here in January or in the summer for free.

20 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

4 year contract was agreed and fee agreed with the club dependant on Kamara being sold to Nice. Contract still there. Not too sure that "tapping up" still a thing these days.

11 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

True but I still think he will be a Rangers player by the end of January or the 1st of July.

Quite the comedown here :lol: 

9 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Wonder if we’ll go for Jake Cooper from Millwall.

Out of Contract, left sided, massive and i’m sure we were linked to him under Gerrard.

Would take him in a heartbeat. Name pops up on scoresheet every now and then too.

3 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Superb journalist work there. No wonder you are regarded as one of the best around :thumbup:

😂 In three posts you’ve gone from he will be a Rangers player as there’s a contract agreed to you think he’ll be a rangers player this summer. 

I might not be the best around at what I do but I also don’t lift any old shite off twitter to try and pretend I’m ITK. 

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

😂 In three posts you’ve gone from he will be a Rangers player as there’s a contract agreed to you think he’ll be a rangers player this summer. 

I might not be the best around at what I do but I also don’t lift any old shite off twitter to try and pretend I’m ITK. 

Ooooooft

I honestly don't expect much to happen in January.

With the size of squad we have and the amount we added to our wage budget in the summer I do think we need a good amount to go before we can start adding.

We needed to do a clear out last summer and the fact we didn't is criminal.

McGregor, Helandar, Roofe, Davis, Arfield, Jack, Sakala, Kamara, Sands, Tillman, Kent, Morelos - I'd expect them all gone in the summer, which is concernign given that's 6-7 of our starting 11.

With Beale preferring a 10 to a wingers.

There wont be places for Matondo, Sakala, Wright. 

Be interesting who he shoehorns into this position in the interim. 

It's Key we get the right players.... clever movement, good touch, can finish, can link.

Player who can drift wide to support the wing back and also get into that space between defenders. 

I would like it to be Strikers.

We don't really have that in the team just now so Key in January. 

Tillman , Lawrence, Hagi, Kent will be asked to fill in currently but not the solution.

34 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

I honestly don't expect much to happen in January.

With the size of squad we have and the amount we added to our wage budget in the summer I do think we need a good amount to go before we can start adding.

We needed to do a clear out last summer and the fact we didn't is criminal.

McGregor, Helandar, Roofe, Davis, Arfield, Jack, Sakala, Kamara, Sands, Tillman, Kent, Morelos - I'd expect them all gone in the summer, which is concernign given that's 6-7 of our starting 11.

If we're serious about getting back in front of celtic we'll have to be very active in the January window. 

6 minutes ago, molesmole said:

With Beale preferring a 10 to a wingers.

There wont be places for Matondo, Sakala, Wright. 

Be interesting who he shoehorns into this position in the interim. 

It's Key we get the right players.... clever movement, good touch, can finish, can link.

Player who can drift wide to support the wing back and also get into that space between defenders. 

I would like it to be Strikers.

We don't really have that in the team just now so Key in January. 

Tillman , Lawrence, Hagi, Kent will be asked to fill in currently but not the solution.

He was part of the team that signed Wright and Sakala

7 minutes ago, Kylegib said:

If we're serious about getting back in front of celtic we'll have to be very active in the January window. 

I just can't see that happening in January though.

Getting rid of Gio and his staff and bringing in Beale and his would have been a good £5m+. Add to that our bloated squad and wage bill I can't see any major investments in Jan, unless we manage to move on quite a few.

We already have far too many players.

On 03/12/2022 at 17:45, The Specky Liar said:

Porteous is absolutely shite, should be nowhere near us and that's before you take into account he is scum who has tried to injure several of pur players. Can ping a ball but can't defend.

Souttar no where good enough but for some Porteous would be a good signing .

17 minutes ago, Somemightsay7 said:

I just can't see that happening in January though.

Getting rid of Gio and his staff and bringing in Beale and his would have been a good £5m+. Add to that our bloated squad and wage bill I can't see any major investments in Jan, unless we manage to move on quite a few.

We already have far too many players.

With active I mean incoming and outgoings but we need to get ourselves sorted and back to being successful an to do that we need better quality players. 

4 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Isn’t every player these days through their agent

To some extent - generally they’ll get a rough idea of terms they’d be looking for - but it’d be pretty rare for contracts to be agreed 12 months out unless there’s already a commitment made by the clubs to complete the transfer.