150th dinner held by Rangers board

Loyal72

While the supporters of the club were relatively fobbed off for any sort of 150th anniversary of the club celebrations, this board made sure to look after themselves.

Slapping up a banquet in the home dressing room.

Not only that, but they've patted themselves on the back for all their hard work.

Look at those shirts.

IMG_20230106_151527.thumb.jpg.9e5df105826e974f9be2b9b75ae360f6.jpg

IMG_20230106_151609.thumb.jpg.3f4de1d81b10406b0ef36e63c0889650.jpg

IMG_20230106_151531.jpg

Just now, Loyal72 said:

While its expected that they would have, it's the lack of effort for any sort of fan events, and only thinking of themselves again.

No Rangers legends present, no history celebrated, instead they've celebrated Bisgrove and Robertson.

Might not seem much to you, feels a slap in the face to me.

I think it's right to criticise the absence of a larger event. I don't think it's right to criticise this event.

4 minutes ago, Assegai said:

I think it's right to criticise the absence of a larger event. I don't think it's right to criticise this event.

Think it's perfectly acceptable to criticise. This board have never once put fans at the forefront of their minds, even with a European trophy on the table.

They've been negligible in the running of the football department, saying that they were happy with mediocre squad etc.

I don't think they have earned the right to sit there and give themselves a clap, and hang shirts on the wall with things like "Robertson 150" on them.

Again, nothing to some, but still feels a slap in the face to me.

11 minutes ago, The Specky Liar said:

Having it in the dressing room, wtf is that all about

Probably bored of having banquets in the Blue Room.

Speaking as a Rangers fan, if I could sit and have a packed lunch in the First Team Dressing Room I'd take the glow I got from it to my grave.

Just now, Assegai said:

Probably bored of having banquets in the Blue Room.

Speaking as a Rangers fan, if I could sit and have a packed lunch in the First Team Dressing Room I'd take the glow I got from it to my grave.

What are the rest of us speaking as then? 😂 

Just now, .Williamson. said:

I think it’s absolutely correct to criticise this. 

Nothing for the fans who have been here through thick and thin yet they stick their own names on shirts that read 150 as if them being here a couple of years means anything. 

Each got a personalised shirt as a gift, each got a bottle of Rangers gin/whisky and a bunch of other club related gifts.

As well as a thank you for their services to Rangers Football Club.

This was all going on while we were a second thought, being served up shite on the pitch.

1 minute ago, Assegai said:

I've still to see evidence of my posting conspiracies. I call shite.

You get worked up about absolutely fucking everything in that politics section :lol:

Covid, Trans people, Twitter, the possibility of the world ending… 

Conspiracy nonsense was the wrong thing to say you’re probably correct, I should have said looney nonsense 

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

You get worked up about absolutely fucking everything in that politics section :lol:

Covid, Trans people, Twitter, the possibility of the world ending… 

Conspiracy nonsense was the wrong thing to say you’re probably correct, I should have said looney nonsense 

Thank you.