Gifting a goal POLL

spanther22

Was it the right thing to do  

410 members have voted

1. 1. Should we have gifted them a goal?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 13/02/23 at 22:47

2 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Or he knows win this 2 1 with a goal like that Tilman is gonna be hammered despite doing nothing wrong. 

People in professional positions inside the football club don't think the same way as us fans. People saying would anyone else do that for us. Do people think that's even remotely in beales mind

We are always getting hammered whatever we do by both opposition fans and media alike.   It doesn’t matter if the incident/decision is clear cut or not.

I understand Beale will be the knight in shining armour in football circles for his decision, just don’t think he’s helped Tillman, or for that matter McGregor, who will be  labelled the bad guys. 

I didn’t make the argument on whether anyone else would do it to us.  I think giving the ball back is an informal convention that causes unnecessary confusion, argument and gamesmanship at times.  It would be better all round if players just played to win at all times (with possible exception of a player having to be carted off seriously injured).

Just now, cr3_bear said:

We can win the all the fair play awards while celtic continue having fixtures , competitions moved around to suit them and titles handed out to them 

fair play and sporting integrity went out the window with us in 2012 . Sooner some at our club realise that we might get back to dominating them regularly again 

Went out the window in 2008. And probably several times before that against us.

Fuck them all.

26 minutes ago, left winger said:

First thoughts are no, but gonna watch it again on sportscene in a bit - might change my mind.

Changed my mind. Thistle player clearly points that he’s punting the ball up. Right thing to do.

Certainly a case for a red, with Tillman being shoved to the ground.

34 minutes ago, Ibroxholm said:

Don’t see how he’s protected him,  I think he’s hung him out to dry.  Tillman’s still going to criticised for it, even more so when his boss hasn’t defended his action of simply winning the ball.  It’s only Beale that comes out like the shining light of sportsmanship.  

He has protected him. He has explained what the situation was quite clearly. Can’t see anyone in media criticising Tillman, he was unaware of what was allegedly happening. 

It was obviously the right decision, especially as it protected Tillman.

I don’t know what has happened to our support. The fact that this poll has most people suggesting it was the wrong decision is bizarre and disappointing.

Some people are actually saying we should get rid of Beale. I mean FFS. Are we that riddled with Timposters or folk that desperate to win at any cost? 

I can understand the people who didn't want to give them the equalizer due to how other clubs have treated us in the past, that's fair, but I don't understand how anyone can look at that and think Tillman did the right thing.

You can tell by Colak and Roofe that they expected them to give it back as they had no intention of closing anyone down. Roofe and a couple of the Thistle defenders were both pointing down the pitch. Even when Tillman scored they didn't run over to celebrate with him as they obviously knew it was dodgy - they only ran over after the Thistle players started manhandling him. 

We kicked the ball out for Tillmans injury, Thistle were about to launch it back to us (which is a common thing that happens all the time) but Tillman closed them down as he didn't realise we were the ones to put the ball out. 

Regardless I think this is one of the subjects that people have made their mind up and no side is going to change their mind.

At the minimum I'm far happier that the outcome of this game is that people (Both in Scotland and Abroad) are talking about our good sportsmanship rather than the bullshit that would have came out otherwise and the abuse Tillman would have got. 

4 minutes ago, Brubear said:

Not sure he could have. No infringement to place from Tilman taking the ball and us scoring. On what grounds could the ref have stopped it. 

Aye what Tillman done was perfectly legal by rules of the game . Just their is a whole moral side to it 

maybe Hibs should have volunteered to take a man off when Lundstrum was wrongly shown a red card at Easter road this season or Celtic could have let us waltz up the pitch and score in the league cup final in 2019 …

Just now, Jakes Pal said:

Had Thistle hit a winner tonght, you would not me so amused. Tillman did nothing wrong,Beale did, and we will get absolutely no credit for the so called sportsmanship against a team that left the boot in all night.

You’re wanting Beale sacked for gross misconduct. It’s a nonsense.

Tillman didn’t deliberately do anything wrong, as he hadn’t seen what happened, but taking the ball off them when they’re about to return it goes against the normal convention in football across the world when the balls put out for an injury. 

1 minute ago, cr3_bear said:

Aye what Tillman done was perfectly legal by rules of the game . Just their is a whole moral side to it 

maybe Hibs should have volunteered to take a man off when Lundstrum was wrongly shown a red card at Easter road this season or celtic could have let us waltz up the pitch and score in the league cup final in 2019 …

That is mot my point. The point is the ref could not stop Tilman scoring as the original.post suggested.