Edmiston House Gala Opening (+HoF induction)

Loyal72

2 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

Jig was scoring plenty as we went through the leagues though.

And no win situation, left he was a cunt like the rest, stay and it was only for the big salary.

There were plenty of cunts in that era, Jig wasn't one of them. 

Aye. Don’t dislike him, just think he benefited greatly from us going down. 

He wouldn’t have still been at the club had we never been demoted and never would he have been in the HoF. Nice guy though, scored a goal once that broke Rod Stewart’s heart, so that was nice 

1 minute ago, .Williamson. said:

Aye. Don’t dislike him, just think he benefited greatly from us going down. 

He wouldn’t have still been at the club had we never been demoted and never would he have been in the HoF. Nice guy though, scored a goal once that broke Rod Stewart’s heart, so that was nice 

I think we was ideal for moving up the lower leagues, strong, burly forward with still a bit of skill for that level.  No surprise he scored a good few with his head in them days, barging cunts outta the way to get to the ball. 

What Ally thought he was getting when he signed Kevin Kyle. 

28 minutes ago, Jelavic191 said:

He could end up in our top 10 appearances of all time. 139 off it (if I’ve counted correctly from Wikipedia)

Wikipedia only counts league games, If this site is correct he's 172 games away from top 10.

imgonline-com-ua-collage-y0vOQmQGI3.thumb.jpg.db3355d2d3c711b2e9ed9cff2cacdc14.jpg

I don’t have an issue with the fact that the three are still with us when they are inducted. The length of time after they leave where it be comes “acceptable” is totally arbitrary also- after all, when they’re done they’re done.

My issue with Tav being in there is that he still has potentially many years of service left as opposed to McGregor and Davis who are in all likelihood done in a few months. Who’s to say that Tav won’t in some way, intentionality or otherwise, nose-dive?

12 minutes ago, Bydo said:

I don’t have an issue with the fact that the three are still with us when they are inducted. The length of time after they leave where it be comes “acceptable” is totally arbitrary also- after all, when they’re done they’re done.

My issue with Tav being in there is that he still has potentially many years of service left as opposed to McGregor and Davis who are in all likelihood done in a few months. Who’s to say that Tav won’t in some way, intentionality or otherwise, nose-dive?

or rise and lead us to at least two trophies this season starting this Sunday 

1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

Is this a HOF thread? Sorry, just jumping in...

McGregor & Davis all day long, Wallace & Jig never in a million years.

Bit of a thread promoting the opening gala of EH that tied in with Hall of Fame inductions.

Inducted were Allan McGregor, Steven Davis and James Tavernier.

4 hours ago, Loyal72 said:

Bit of a thread promoting the opening gala of EH that tied in with Hall of Fame inductions.

Inducted were Allan McGregor, Steven Davis and James Tavernier.

Thanks for posting updates, how was the overall night with it being the first event at NEH?

8 hours ago, psb07158 said:

Here, what the fuck actually happened with Waldo and the club?

This is absolutely ridiculous, the majority of fans absolutely love the guy for what he did for us. He should be in that HoF ahead of every one of those inducted players. 

Nah, Tav’s contribution is a million miles more than Wallace tbh.

Happy enough to have Wallace though. 

Current sqaud all there according to the pictures 

good timing for them to see a bit of the club and what it’s all with the game we have approaching 

Tav should be walking into training feeling ten feet tall when he sees the company his name will now be in on that board. 

8 hours ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Why would an international player who walked into an epl side stay and play in part time football for 3 years?

Some of our fans need a reality check. If we were demoted to the championship I’d expect everyone to stay but being put down to the lowest tier no one can blame anyone for moving on at that time. A highly trained professional footballer isn’t going to risk his career playing plumbers and builders every week

Captain. He bolted the first chance he did. A Rangers captain should have done the right thing, he didn't.

You accept it, I don't. 

1 hour ago, The Godfather said:

Captain. He bolted the first chance he did. A Rangers captain should have done the right thing, he didn't.

You accept it, I don't. 

I think I’m in the forgive (almost), but don’t forget camp.

Done enough before and after not to be hated, but lost their potential legendary status.