General Transfer Talk

Broxi

11 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Daily Mail saying we’re looking at this guy as Butland is asking for too much at the moment.

I think Butland would probably do “alright” if he signed for us, but I’m not sure if a guy who’s barely played in three years and was known to have a howler in him prior to that is worth a big investment wage wise.

1 minute ago, Bronzy said:

Looks alright to me, one worry is that he doesn’t appear that physical, which isn’t ideal if you’re playing in Scotland.

Every save in that looks routine and he looks like he's making relatively hard work of them in some. For his "best saves" it doesn't look like he's made any actually impressive ones, and some of them looks like he should be pushing them away more or his positioning is a little dodgy.

Just my take on it from watching it once. 

I think McCrorie has shown us we need a GK to command the whole box in the air and on the ground so physicality is really important. 

Confident in McCrorie being number 2 from now on, he’s a real good GK but I think we need a good established pro for him to push. We can’t really have 2 project GKs

29 minutes ago, BlueSuedeSambas said:

I think Butland would probably do “alright” if he signed for us, but I’m not sure if a guy who’s barely played in three years and was known to have a howler in him prior to that is worth a big investment wage wise.

Not that it means much but Butland has been liking posts on our old firm win on instagram 

6 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Genuinely don’t see him going to turkey. See this all the time with their mad journos and there’s never any truth in it 

The journalist reporting it is usually decent when it comes to Fenerbahce stuff apparently. He was also the one who reported that Yilmaz was coming to us last summer.

Outlet he works for is legit as well.

1 hour ago, Prso's headband said:

I think McCrorie has shown us we need a GK to command the whole box in the air and on the ground so physicality is really important. 

Confident in McCrorie being number 2 from now on, he’s a real good GK but I think we need a good established pro for him to push. We can’t really have 2 project GKs

Mccrorie cant be a number two now if he wants to have any sort of a top level career, he's what, 23 the now? If he plays as number 2 for next 3 years (assuming we sign a keeper on a 3 year deal) and gets the odd cup game etc, he'll be 26 and barely any first team experience 

He needs to start being a number 1 the now

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

Mccrorie cant be a number two now if he wants to have any sort of a top level career, he's what, 23 the now? If he plays as number 2 for next 3 years (assuming we sign a keeper on a 3 year deal) and gets the odd cup game etc, he'll be 26 and barely any first team experience 

He needs to start being a number 1 the now

I think he's 25.