General Transfer Talk

Broxi

On 12/05/2023 at 18:49, Somemightsay7 said:

Liverpool last year who won 2 cups, were in the CL final and lost out on the league by 1 point. 

Attacking full-backs is very common across many successful teams. 

Yes, but we rely on it far too much they also have decent options upfront.

Trent and the p+pe at Liverpool have not done so well this season.

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Looked back, £3.5m upto £5m with 'contingent' add ons 👍. No details I've seen of what needs met to incur rhe extra.

Even at that I'd recoup it and replace him if possible. That 1.5m needs to come from a kitty at some point t.

I do like him, far more than Barisic, but he's a risk to rely on as our no1 especially with injuries and stories of homesickness. 

He's only been injured once has he not? 

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Couple of times with us it seems.

6 months of his time here 😳

Screenshot_20230514_182804_Samsung Internet.jpg

The first injury cant be right because he got crocked against the sheep on october 29th, before that he was on the bench numerous times all the way back to his last appearance 

Screenshot_20230514-194706_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.e7d2f5a9a3f67f5b621a58afb62492db.jpg

13 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

Arfield and Jack’s year deal getting announced tomorrow 🤔

Fully expect both to get new deals as we dont have many Scottish trained players and are reliable enough and cheap.

Two deals that make sense as squad players but should be just that. Guys to come in when our first choice options are out of commission.

31 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Fully expect both to get new deals as we dont have many Scottish trained players and are reliable enough and cheap.

Two deals that make sense as squad players but should be just that. Guys to come in when our first choice options are out of commission.

I hate this line about re-signing a 35 year old who does next to fuck all and an injury prone 31 year old player who can't play a season because they tick a box. Surely we can fill 8 home trained players with the likes of Mccrorie, Devine, King, Lowry etc? They will be on much less money also.

I do like Ryan Jack as well but I can't watch another minute of Scot Arfield.

8 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I hate this line about re-signing a 35 year old who does next to fuck all and an injury prone 31 year old player who can't play a season because they tick a box. Surely we can fill 8 home trained players with the likes of Mccrorie, Devine, King, Lowry etc? They will be on much less money also.

U-21's don't count towards the squad.

You can't watch another minute of 9 goals off the bench this season for cheap wages?

16 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

You have to register 8 home grown players, or start to weaken your euro squad by dropping numbers from the 25 man squad.

8 trained in nation including 4 trained in club.

We have McCrorie, Lowry, King and Devine as club trained. (As @J-Maestro says, we dont actually have to register the last 3, but no real negative in doing so).

We have Jack, Wright, Souttar and Arfield as nation trained.

If we were to release or sell Jack, Wright and Arfield without replacing with a Scottish trained player (None really jump out as targets with the exception of maybe Johnson), then we would only be able to register 22 players.

Thats potentially going to leave you missing a centre half who could not be registered if you have a couple of injuries or suspensions to deal with.

Thats the kinda thing that can cost the club millions in lost prize money all for the sake of not paying some pretty low wages to someone like Arfield who you could get for a season for less than £500k.  

16 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

U-21's don't count towards the squad.

You can't watch another minute of 9 goals off the bench this season for cheap wages?

That's why I was asking as I want sure about the u21s. There must be a way around resigning guys who are unable to start a game for us.

9 goals in 36 games in Scotland is probably replaceable.

If Beales looking at this thread I hope he gives Craig Goodwin a look in. In great form atm, scored against france in the WC, deflected strike against argentina ended up as a goal, Adelaide uniteds top scorer. Left winger, harder grafter than kent and has a good eye for goal, wouldnt cost huge on wages.

5 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

That's why I was asking as I want sure about the u21s. There must be a way around resigning guys who are unable to start a game for us.

9 goals in 36 games in Scotland is probably replaceable.

9 in 36 is probably better than the numbers Aribo was hitting, definitely better than what Hagi gets. Wouldn't be easy to find someone to do it I'm low wages and content to be a back up. Nowhere near it in fact.