General Transfer Talk

Broxi

If those are confirmed we need to be heavily concentrating on our forward options for the remainder of our transfer business.

At present we have;

Sakala - good enough to be a squad player next year but isn’t consistent enough to be a starter

Colak - doesn’t seem like Beale fancies him / fits into the way Beale wants us to play

Roofe - on his day arguable the best forward we have but can’t be counted on due to injuries

Matondo - I’m still holding out hope there is a player there somewhere - but also willing to concede that risking that is the case is an even bigger risk than hoping Roofe is fit for an entire season…

Not entirely sure if Beale wants to play 1 up top with 2 cutting in (like we did under Gerrard) or two up top with someone playing in behind (played that way a few times recently) but either way we we really only have Sakala we can count on so I’d say we need at least 4 forward players (either 2 central and 2 wide or 3 central and 1 wide - depending on how Beale has us setting up) as suspect we will look to move Colak on and surely we have now realised we can’t count on Roofe and Matondo being a big part of the first team squad.

8 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Dowell or Butland

Definitely not Butland, Utd are playing Thursday.

Dowell, Sterling and Butland are a good start and fill areas we need, but I'd hope we then see a step up in the quality of the incoming players. If the rest are at a similar level I'd be concerned. 

5 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Tbf i think a lot of the fans see the effort arfield puts in and probably would accept it as a decent backup and fills a euro quota o believe

Worse if its fucking kent lol, maybe helander literally wheeled out

Nah Arfield has been a great servant but it’s time to go, was non existent when he came on today. 

10 hours ago, Somemightsay7 said:

Bit of a strange one if they do announce dowell or sterling. Not exactly high profile signings so wouldn't have thought they would have bothered doing it in person. 

Yeh and neither signed as a starter I’d expect.  

5 minutes ago, RFC55 said:

Rangers are not announcing a new signing at the game on Wednesday as a player we currently have who’s contract is about to expire.

New 1 year deal for McGregor to give the fans a feel good factor going into next season.