General Transfer Talk

Broxi

2 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Is there a single player who actually cares about European football?

Always seems like a convenient excuse to get a pay rise.

A few, but they're usually already on huge money. Salah was pissed off after failing to get UCL last week. Kane comes across as a guy who wants to play against the best as well.

Just now, J-Maestro said:

Till you add a 0.

That’s more an issue with the country we play in than anything else.

There are so many other clubs players could go to that can offer them european football, better money and a better domestic league than we can. 

Like Scottish football is the bottom of the barrel in terms of quality. I prefer Irish league football to Scottish football, outwidth us of course.

2 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

Till you add a 0.

Well ifits a case of play in a shithouse league like we do with the odd game in Europe or play in the EPL nd face top teams 3 or 4 times a season then the majority are staying down south.

28 minutes ago, Loyal72 said:

Wouldn't mind trying to convince Maddison to come and play European football. 

Wishful thinking I know. We're not in a time period where level of football matters over money anymore.

You are 100% either a crack cocaine addict or a AI bot.

1 hour ago, RFC55 said:

exactly but it proves the point there are no real ITKs

Suppose it depends what you really want from “ITK”.

I highly doubt anyone at any serious level is going to be letting stuff slip to someone who is coming on here to post. Don’t want to talk down your mate but suspect he was probably further down in the clubs hierarchy and what he was telling you was true, but like has been said above transfers don’t go through for all kinds of reasons. 

Doesn’t mean the original source or the poster was making it up, just perhaps at some point from the story getting passed from inside the club, to getting posted online, to getting discussed the story probably gets embellished a little so some transfers that might have been considered but were pretty quickly shut down within the club become massive online rumours.

Like you said it seems the club has massively tightened up the last couple of years, which while frustrating for us fans is probably good for our overall transfer policy.

12 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

I think your top players are always going to want to be at champions league capable sides. 

Outside of that I think most would take higher wages vs European football. 

30 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

I doubt it ever has or will be the biggest factor for the majority of players. There will obviously always be the odd exception why players move (family reasons / emotional pull of a certain club) but I’d wager the primary factor will predominantly be wages.

However if a player has a choice between relatively equal offers then yeah I would say European football will be a pretty major factor in a player deciding who to choose. There will obviously be other factors (eg where they would live, style of the manager, style of the league) but I’d reckon for some players European football will be a pretty big persuader - particularly younger players who might see it as a chance to get showcased and get a move or older players who might be thinking this might be their only chance of experiencing it.